reppx011

• Commented on Things are never as simple as they seem
    I totally agree. Never over simplify is a lesson I will definitely take from this course, always take the time to research and rule out rival hypotheses. In the case of reality tv though better not to analyze at all....
  • Commented on Life is Short, Stay Awake for it
    Nice post. I also enjoyed the section on sleep. I had never known about the different stages and how they relate to brain waves. My boyfriend can never remember his dreams, maybe it's just becaus he spends more time in...
  • Commented on False Stimulation
    It really is ingesting to think about conditioning. Especially in entertainment. For example, being a girl I love romance movies with the oh so classic male lead. But when I think about all of the films I have loved that...
  • Commented on Psych 1001 Words of Wisdom
    I am a marketing major and as such do a lot of psychological research on consumers. Believe me when I say that no one understand she concept of correlation versus causation, businesses who don't learn this lesson analyze their data...
  • Commented on Beauty Throughout the Ages
    I agree that this obsession with thin is unhealthy, but like all trends I think it will eventually pass. What society deems beautiful doesn't necessarily remain in fashion forever. For example as recently as 60 years ago it was considered...
  • Commented on Becoming a Parent
    An interesting blog. When we covered this section I kept thinking of my own upbringing. I feel that the middle ground is the best row to hoe. The individual child must be taken into account because one style will not...
  • Commented on Beauty and the Beast?!
    I also wrote my final blog on the rules of attraction, but I'm not sure I entirely agree with their application to beauty and the beast. If proximity played a role here it was forced at best, I think that...
  • Commented on Snape, Snape, Severus Snape...
    I love Harry potter and i have to admit despite my overwhelming hatred of him I came to respect him by the end of the series. I do agree with previous comments, to be as neurotic about lily Evans as...
  • Posted Looking Forward: The Principles of Attraction to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    As the semester comes to a close one lesson I can't seem to forget was our discussion of the principles of attraction, Similarity, Proximity, and Reciprocity. The debate surrounding how those principles affect our relationship choices is one I will...
  • Posted Confessions of a Say Yes to the Dress Addict to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Okay, admit it ladies. You have probably pondered your wedding at least once in your lives. Some of you, me included, may even have a "secret folder" on our computer full of wedding dresses and rings etc. that we hope...
  • Commented on The Key to Weight Loss? Eating Snacks
    Nicely done. I have tried diet plans in the past and in my experience the small meals tactic does actually work. It is hard however to have such things on hand and to afford them when you are in college....
  • Commented on Am I a Good Parent??
    An interesting concept. I would think trying to separate parenting into different groups would be almost impossible because I have never met two sets of parents with the same style. I think that both of the groups you mentioned, authoritative...
  • Commented on Diagnosing Rachel McAdams in "The Vow"
    Haven't seen the film yet, but I've always liked films along those lines. 50 First Dates is one of my favorites. While it makes for a cute plot though, I think that the majority of the time patients with similar...
  • Commented on No, you did not tell me that!
    I agree with some of the earlier comments. Source confusion is one of the memory problems I struggle with. I was told stories of me when I was little from my parents perspective so much I was convinced I could...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's, A Growing Problem
    I too have had family diagnosed with alzheimers, though they passed away before moving into the later stages of the disease. It is rather extraordinary that such a common disease is still unknown. My hypothesis is this: The rise in...
  • Commented on Advertising. Is It Really That Simple?
    As an marketing and advertising student, the psychological aspects involved in selling a product to a consumer are definitely important in todays advertising and have been since the mid 1950's. I don't really think there is anything wrong with that...
  • Commented on Who decides who I love?
    An interesting question. I also agree with other responses that success doesn't necessarily imply wealth or property. Passion for something, anything can be one of the most attractive features of either sex. I refuse to believe that our choices are...
  • Posted Consciousness... In Robots? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Consciousness.... In Robots? Human beings are defined by our consciousness, that is, our ability to be aware our our self and our surrounding. We perceive our world beyond any other creature, drawing conclusions and understanding things far beyond a surface...
  • Commented on The Art of Deception
    I also think this is fascinating. I feel like creating a work of this size would take a good deal of time though. The way they trick the eye using relative size is astounding. Do you know if there are...
  • Commented on What can we learn from animals
    I agree with Prof. Manor. Bright colors etc. are usually indications of genetic traits that favor them in reproduction, that's why these modifications exist. It is actually fascinating to analyze physical attraction in humans as well. Often a person's appearance...
  • Commented on Seeing Your True Colors
    Nice blog. I find it really interesting that color blindness occurs predominately in males. I have noticed this in my daily life,like being asked why I, who hates pink, is wearing a pink shirt when in reality I'm wearing orange....
  • Commented on Vegetarianism...Vegetables...NASTY!
    Like the commenter before me, I also think that american's can grasp vegetarianism. I, myself, was a vegetarian for nearly ten years before I started eating some meat again for the convenience of meat as a protein source. Additionally, the...
  • Posted One is the Loneliest Number: Isolation in Social Psychology to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chapter 13 focuses on social psychology or "the study of how people [positively or negatively] influence others' behavior, beliefs and attitudes (Lewin, 1951). Social psychology explains curious behavioral phenomenon that occur in social interaction like mob mentality or mass...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from reppx011

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page