warff001

• Commented on Finding my inner Zen
    I thought the stress section for our psych class was extremely interesting. I find that doing active things during the week helps me unwind and maintain my sanity. I wish we could've learned about stress in other cultures. I studied...
  • Commented on A Prisoner or a Free Man?
    Wow, this is really interesting, I've never hear of this experiment. I think by now, humanity has repeatedly shown it's capabilities of hurting each other (the holocaust, Darfur, the Dirty War that happened in Argentina, the isreal-palestine conflict, etc.), and...
  • Commented on Let's Talk About Stress!
    I like your blog on stress, and as the other two (well sort of for the first person), I agree that stress is something difficult to put a numerical value to, especially because we all experience it differently. That's something...
  • Posted Psychology and me to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    I spent last semester studying abroad in Barcelona, and one thing that really normalized with me was bilingualism. I find it so strange and ridiculous that the majority of Americans only speak one language. In Barcelona, everyone spoke at least...
  • Commented on How the Big5 are reflected in your study habits.
    I completely agree that the big5 affects the way each person handles different situations such as finals week. I think with the obnoxious amount of work students these days receive, that it's inevitable that every person has moments of overwhelming...
  • Commented on Birth Order: Does It Really Matter?
    I am the middle child of three children, and I can also vouch that the 'birth order' theory does not match my family. However, I don't doubt that generally speaking there are some characteristics that can be weakly correlated with...
  • Commented on Does my physical attractiveness get me a job??
    I think that physical attractiveness can help get you a job in the sense that, as you said, it helps first impressions. However, generally employers are looking for someone who fits the job because of experience, and not because they...
  • Commented on Lie detectors don't work.....What will?
    I like the link you put at the bottom, but I wonder if there would be similar problems with the eye detector. The article didn't speak of any issues that could arise with this new 'lie detector', but I wonder...
  • Commented on One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Stoned Fish
    Anti-depressents aren't the only drugs that are contaminating our water. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23503485/ns/health-health_care/t/pharmaceuticals-lurking-us-drinking-water/#.T4h9h-2fHG4. What's even scarier is the fact that "the federal government doesn’t require any testing and hasn’t set safety limits for drugs in water. Of the 62 major water providers...
  • Commented on Is Samantha Brick "Too Beautiful" or "Just Average"?
    From my 20 years of experience as a female, I've found that the girls that don't have a lot of girlfriends and lots of guys friends generally have an unpleasant personality, or at least towards girls. Samantha Brick also seems...
  • Commented on Love is Love
    Hypocrisy is extremely widespread and commonly practice, especially among some of those most 'Christian' (I'm sure the same goes for any religious person of any religion, but obviously the majority of those I know are of some form of Christianity)....
  • Posted Grandma has an eating disorder? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Anorexia and bulimia nervosa ('bulimia') are two disorders that almost everyone knows of, but generally we only think of those disorders as applying to young females, like how knee replacements and colonoscopies apply to older people. But what if I...
  • Commented on Why don't you understand what I'm SAYING?
    I think a significant part of decision-making, especially in regards to politics, is emotional decision making. First in relation to politics, most political ads and campaigns today targets voters with statements that try and move the masses emotionally in order...
  • Commented on Blame Your Brain, Not Your Stomach
    I like your questions at the end of your blog. While I do not know for sure what body image was like before the media or internet, I think it's interesting to consider the change in perception of body image...
  • Commented on Out-of-Body Experiences: The Mind-Body Problem
    This topic reminds me of an article I read a couple years back in a brain and spinal magazine. There was an article on the "flight" response humans go into when a life-or-death situation arises. It gave the example of...
  • Posted Who decides who I love? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    In the BCC's video The Secret You, the question is explored, who is in charge of your decisions, you or your neurons, and is there a distinction between the two? This question , and the rather grey answer that was...
  • Commented on Hail Seitan
    I have to say, I appreciate the passion that clearly is conveyed in this long, comical rant. I agree that it is very possible for humans to sustain themselves without consuming meat. I responded to a different blog that also...
  • Commented on I'm not blind, I can see with my ears!
    I recall reading an article about echolocation a few years back. It didn't have an amazing story like ben's, just the research of an older gentleman that could see through his eyes. This article really makes me reconsider what we...
  • Commented on Zombies Really Do Come Out at Night
    It's interesting how the the stimulus shocks are localized at night, but clearly there is a threshold as a person usually wakes up due to shaking or loud noises. Also, clearly everyone has different thresholds as some are "light" sleepers...
  • Commented on How Smart are Animals Really?
    I find this article extremely interesting. Agreeing with the person above, it's crazy how fast our brains begin developing and storing information. I have to admit I am a little skeptical of this study. How often do these animals actually...
  • Commented on The Brain as a Ticket to Travel.......out of your body
    I find this article interesting, it makes me wonder then if out-of-body experiences have a function at all like dreams. I also wonder if the area o the brain that this article refers too, that is related to out-of-body experiences,...
  • Commented on Vegetarianism...Vegetables...NASTY!
    As someone who was a vegetarian for a year, I can say from personal experience that there are healthy ways of being a vegetarian, and it can be a very beneficial thing. While meat is a primary source of protein,...
  • Posted Are you missing something? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Do you continuously make the same mistakes over and over again? What is it that you keep missing? Well, according to an article "Oops I did it again" from newsweek magazine, it might not be you so much as your...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from warff001

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page