mulle286

• Commented on Why Do I Do What I Do?
    I really thought Pavlovian conditioning was an important topic to psychology and how we adapt to our surroundings. I feel like psych is built off of first the biology of the brain and next the topic of learning and development....
  • Commented on Proximity is the most significant!
    I had a long term relationship as well and it really is hard to maintain. But, I don't feel like it is the most important thing to a relationship. I feel that reciprocity is the most influential thing to relationship...
  • Commented on Disney in Love
    Its true we are taught a lot of life lessons through Disney movies! I really enjoy how much the movies incorporate good motives with healthy relationships. I can't wait to show my kids these movies someday!...
  • Commented on Becoming a Parent
    I too will remember the different styles of rearing children. I had really no idea which method was the most effective in raising a child. Now I know that authoritative, punishing kids when needed but rewarding for good behavior, is...
  • Commented on Feeling Groggy?
    Its true sleep cycles often times get neglected in college because of all of the things going on. Class, work, and much more gets in the way of much needed sleep. Of particular importance to sleeping, REM sleep is a...
  • Commented on Pavlov: Conditioning for the Ages
    I too will remember Pavlovian conditioning after psych 1001. I found the learning section of the text quite interesting. When I had heard about Pavlov and his dogs, it reminded me of when I feed my cat. During this feeding...
  • Commented on Finding my inner Zen
    Stress is a terrible thing. It makes us worry about things that can't be fixed or changed. Like stressing out about a test that you've studied for as best as you can. When stress comes over me, I just take...
  • Commented on Life is Short, Stay Awake for it
    Dreams are truly amazing. I have always wondered where they come from and how we remember them. Thanks to REM we have a place where we are all kings and queens of the Lollipop realm. Without dreams we couldn't meet...
  • Posted Separated at Birth to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Imagine seeing someone who looks exactly like you walking down the sidewalk opposite you. He/she looks so much alike that you are convinced he/she could be your twin. It turns out, he/she is. If there is one thing that will...
  • Commented on Crazy Cat Lady
    I believe when you said proximity, you meant reciprocity as the last of the attraction predictors. Anyway, I think that all of these are important for the formation of a realistic relationship. Someone you are around frequently, someone who you...
  • Commented on Crowds Acting As One
    I think that your average sports fan is passionate whether or not they are within a group or not. However, the degree of this passion is changed dramatically when surrounded by others who believe in the same team as you...
  • Commented on I challenge you to a duel.....
    I always love learning about different ways that cultures differ. When there are differences, within our country especially, I always strive to hear about how these different customs come about. If this experiment you proposed came to fruition, I would...
  • Commented on I Just Can't Get Enough...sleep
    We often times do take sleep for granted. When school and work gets crazy, sleep gets pushed to the back of the line. This fact is ironic because when we are busy all day we need sleep even more than...
  • Commented on Stop telling me to be thin!
    In the eyes of the news many of us would be overweight losers. This is so sad because the media's perception of weight can't determine how a person lives their life! When people are emotionally affected by this, they are...
  • Commented on Lie detectors don't work.....What will?
    Wow that new eye tracker looks cool. It reminds me of the lie detector from the movie Blade Runner. In that the eye movement, pupil enlargement blinking, or twitches indicate a lie. To see this into the real world would...
  • Commented on Social Facilitation and the History of the "rabbit"
    Social facilitation is definitely true. When there is someone else watching, who wants to look like a fool? It is true for me when I play golf. Me and some friends would have a friendly competition for lowest score every...
  • Posted Wait, I Thought That?? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    For blog #3 I chose to take an Implicit Association Test (IAT). I was asked play the role of consumer and first looked over an advertisement about a fictitious laundry detergent called Softate. While observing the product, I noticed certain...
  • Commented on The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree
    I feel that authoritative parenting technique is clearly superior to the other ways of teaching a developing child. A parent needs to direct a child exactly what is right and wrong. The child should be greatly rewarded for a good...
  • Commented on Detecting Lies
    Whenever I see someone on a lie detector on shows like Maury or Jerry Springer, I always have an instinct upon whether I think the person is cheating, hiding something, etc. and when they show the lie detector test the...
  • Posted Help! I'm Lost in the Store! to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Every kids done it. They have this great idea and have to go see this cool toy! Once they have finished their playtime, they go back to find mommy and she's not there! Where did she go? They figure she...
  • Commented on "Who IS that?"
    The fact that some animals do not even know of there own existence is a quite shocking statistic. It is difficult to imagine not being self aware. Animals like dogs, chipmunks, and bears do not have the brain capacity to...
  • Commented on The Art of Deception
    Wow... What a great piece of art! It is really well done. The artist used many different visual cues to enable us to see an interesting perspective. Relative size is manipulated by making the lake on the bottom of the...
  • Commented on The Screen Adds Ten Pounds
    Sure fitness is of great importance, but while in the process of watching TV or video gaming, a person can learn more from screens than many other activities. Things like watching the History Channel, the news, and even the occasional...
  • Commented on Overdosing on Water?
    I see you're point about overdosing on water. The fact that a radio show would endorse that kind of behavior, is shocking and slightly disturbing. If you gotta go, you gotta go, for your kidney's sake. However, as bad as...
  • Commented on "The Bender Ball's" Bending the Truth
    This is yet another example of Pseudoscience in the consumer market. The producers of this Bender Ball need extreme evidence to match extreme claims that they've made....
  • Posted Animals: Breaking the Language Barrier? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chances are, all of us have encountered a non-human animal in our life. Also, chances are good that we've seen two or more non-human animals coexisting. Typically we see these animals finding food, shelter, warning another animal to stay away,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mulle286

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page