rezax012

• Commented on Nature vs. Nurture: Which matters more?
    First, I would just like to commend you on such a thoughtful blog; I absolutely agree that nature vs nature is a topic of discussion that is vital from this course's teaching. Second off, as you said, the debate will...
  • Commented on The Power of Learning
    I totally endorse this topic of choosing. Out of all the information we've learned this semester, the different types of learning might be the most vital to us as students. Like you said, we've learned a number of ways for...
  • Commented on Becoming a Parent
    This is definitely a resinating topic, and vital to this course's content. Obviously each parenting style, whether from house to house or culture to culture, is different in many ways, but one common denominator, as you mentioned, comes from permissive,...
  • Posted Pavlov: Conditioning for the Ages to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    In a class as informative as psych 1001, it can be difficult to filter and comprehend the amount of information being taught, but even more difficult of an endeavor is remembering the knowledge one has accumulated. But from this individual's...
  • Commented on Does your attractiveness affect your Career and Relationships
    Always an interesting topic to discuss, I think you're on the right path in your research. And i personally agree with what you're saying: attractiveness simply pulls people in. Obviously, someone shouldn't be hired based off their looks. But if...
  • Commented on I Just Can't Get Enough...sleep
    The picture of those kittens sleeping just makes me want to sleep all day! I was unaware that the average adult needs 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep a night, but as you said, in a daily grind of school,...
  • Commented on I challenge you to a duel.....
    I'm really glad you wrote about cultural differences, particularly within the borders of our own country. Many people, especially Minnesotan's, have a warped vision of differences in culture, along the lines that cultural differences in today's society are minimal at...
  • Commented on Taking Action: What I learned from PSY 1001
    We've learned a lot of information throughout the span of Psych 1001, but you're absolutely right, The Bystander effect is one of, if not the, most lasting concept out of all the information. It's so surprising to hear how many...
  • Commented on How Would Freud Explain Prejudice?
    This blog is extremely thought provoking. Sometimes I feel as if the idea of implicit prejudice isn't delved into enough, but finally someone decides to write about it! I'm sure if Freud were to talk about such a phenomenon, he...
  • Commented on Crowds Acting As One
    First off, love the picture! It encapsulates social contagion amongst simple sports fans. But social contagion is extremely perplexing in less structured, more informal occasions. It's interesting to see how a person can be peer pressured into social contagion, without...
  • Posted Freud: the Man, the Myth, the Thought Provoker to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Freud. Few people are as well known, notorious, and iconic as early 1900's theorist and psychologist Sigmund Freud. The notoriety of the man who created Fruedism is undeniable, but is the validity of his theories as substantial as the man's...
  • Commented on Does my physical attractiveness get me a job??
    Although people hate to admit it, we are all prisoner's of the moment and fall trap to the looks of a person. For almost any job, being good looking is a positive took for a person: marketing, selling, or any...
  • Commented on Lie detectors don't work.....What will?
    The validity of lie detector tests have greatly increased over the years due to lack of public knowledge and continued media acceptance. People in today's world continue to support lie detector tests because it gives concrete answers as to whether...
  • Commented on The Fastest Way of Losing Weight?
    I hope many people get the chance to read this article because it's extremely important to recognize if and when one may have an eating disorder. Eating disorders are far more common in the average person than people think, and...
  • Commented on I have to do math to see how smart I am?
    I love the level of information this blog provides. So many people overlook what different tests measure in a person's intelligence level and how each standardization test serves a different purpose. Classifying what these tests accomplish can be difficult, but...
  • Commented on Blame Your Brain, Not Your Stomach
    This blog hits the nail on the head. Sometimes, even after just eating, I feel as if I'm hungry when I really shouldn't be; I convince myself that I need to eat or consume more food and it's all in...
  • Commented on Dad is Part of the Equation for Success
    It often goes overlooked the importance that the duo of BOTH a father and a mother have in the raising of a child. Some people simply think a mother is the only ingredient needed or that a strong father is...
  • Commented on Taylor Swift: A Genius
    Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligence is really a perplexing idea, as you acknowledged. But how does his theory apply specifically to Taylor Swift? Is she a musical genius because she sells records? One of the misinterpretations of Gardner's theory...
  • Commented on Divorce is a GOOD thing
    I absolutely agree. As a product of a "failed" divorce, I can attest to the idea that some marriages just aren't suited to succeed. In the cases for most families, the split of two adults who desperately cannot get along...
  • Commented on Is that $300 Burning A Hole In Your Pocket? Try Speed-Reading!
    Do you really think that a person is not capable of reading over 400 wpm? I know the book discusses the idea that over 400 wpm is incomprehensible, but do you honestly think that is entirely true, that all humans...
  • Commented on Concussions: Dazed and Confused.
    The video of Reggie getting rocked is absolutely horrific, but it will be really interesting to see how a hit like this alters Bush's life as he grows older. Concussions are a huge deal in the NFL and have turned...
  • Posted The TRUE Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    It's not far-fetched to say that losing my memory is probably one of my greatest fears. But what would happen if only select memories from my mind became erased? In "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", staring Jim Carrey...
  • Posted I Can Read Your Mind...I Think to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    I can see the future. I can read your mind. And I can view hidden objects. In other words, I believe in ESP. Extrasensory perception, the perception of events outside the known channels of sensation, is a phenomenon believed by...
  • Posted I Can Read Your Mind...I Think to I Can Read Your Mind...I Think
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rezax012

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page