rihax003

• Posted There's no place like a home to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    As I pondered, "what will I remember from this class in 5 years" the only answer that came to mind is what will I not remember? The small details and facts memorized for a test may not make it to...
  • Commented on Social Facilitation and the History of the "rabbit"
    Interesting blog. I did not know about the history of the "rabbit" in running. Having a person that is driving you to push yourself to "keep pace" can be applied to many real life situations. I know management uses it...
  • Commented on Concept Neurons : Does everyone have them?
    It is interesting how modern technology is allowing us inside the workings of the brain. This blog is a bit frightening to me that they are doing brain surgery on conscious people. I think of the research credo to do...
  • Commented on Separated at Birth
    Interesting blog. I agree that this is one of the topics I won't forget soon, and have shared with friends. I found the intensity of Jack & Oskar's convictions in their causes very interesting when they were polar opposite to...
  • Commented on "I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you."-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Interesting blog. I saw the show a few times, and even though it may be by chance, his methods and subtle cues he looked for on the faces. I also wonder if lie detectors would be obsolete except for the...
  • Commented on Wait, I Thought That??
    Interesting blog, and it does want me to take the test. How fascinating to be thinking one thing while taking the test, and then the results to show the opposite. Great blog....
  • Commented on Teaching Braille Makes Sense
    Interesting fact that many blind are not taught to read. As a person, this affects all aspects of one's life; from voting and being involved in politics to escaping reality by reading a good book. I have seen more braille...
  • Commented on Confessions of a Say Yes to the Dress Addict
    I find it interesting that now a large amount of money has to be spent on the wedding so the two people stay in the relationship. What happened to commitment? It makes me want to look for research on the...
  • Commented on Freakonomics: Decision Making with a Twist
    I read this book and found it fascinating. The research may not always had a strong empirical base, but it made me think. It has been a few years, so I may go back and read it after studying psych...
  • Commented on "Vampire+Human=?!"
    I like this blog-- it also explains why this series was such a favorite; it comes down to the same attractions all people experience. I was one of the thousands that got the Twilight books and couldn't put them down,...
  • Commented on How the Big5 are reflected in your study habits.
    I like this blog--it is relevant & connects to class. I agree that personality traits measured by the Big 5 can show up in how one deals with finals & studying. I like that you used a small sample and...
  • Posted I challenge you to a duel..... to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Having lived in the South in the past, I found the concept of "culture of honor" very interesting. Within the article by Cohen et al., (1996) not only does "culture of honor" shape the individual reaction, but affects the...
  • Commented on you don't smoke? you can't be cool!
    Great ads-- the one that promotes "blowing it in her face" shows how far society has come in anti-smoking public attitudes & we would probably not see this ad posted today by RJ Reynolds. I like the contrast of ads...
  • Commented on Advertising between 1960-2012: How much have consumers changed?
    WOW---this ad is so disturbing to me. First, the saying. Then, to be that fixated on a shoe while lying naked. She has a drug dazed look about her. It has a "9 1/2 weeks" feel to it. In modern...
  • Commented on Do You Remember Last Night?
    It has been awhile since I have seen this movie, but wasn't a mind altering drug involved than just consuming alcohol? Such as the "date rape" drug? Not that I am for binge drinking, but this movie showed a severe...
  • Commented on One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Stoned Fish
    Great posting & great title. Made me stop & want to read your post. This is a subject that I don't think most people realize exists. The effects drugs have on the environment is not often widely publicized. Taking it...
  • Commented on Is Chocolate a Sign of True Love?
    In regards to the chocolate & stuffed animals,the one factor not discussed is the marketing machine that tells us that is the way to show love. Most people I know did not fall in love with their partner due to...
  • Commented on Plaques and Tangles: A look at the world's most common dementia
    Great blog on AD. I know too many people that have family members that are dealing with this disease. Since it has a perceived link to heredity, would you want to be tested to see if you could develop it,...
  • Commented on I Can Read Your Mind...I Think
    Even though it goes against logic, there was a point in time that the idea of ESP fascinated me. In 6th grade I did my own "esp" study. Now looking back, I know it was merely chance that other students...
  • Commented on Lose 50 Pounds in 3 Days!
    Great example of an extraordinary claim. The picture with the woman giving you the thumbs up really is a great selling point. Who doesn't want to look like the Fonz? I would be interested to know how much of this...
  • Posted WASH THAT MAN RIGHT OUTTA MY HAIR to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    In the movie, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", the character Clementine goes to a doctor who has the extraordinary claim that he can erase the memories of that painful relationship right out of one's mind. Seem farfetched in...
  • Commented on Can you tell someones sexuality by looking in their genes?
    I found this a very interesting article. It is amazing that only in the mid 90s did the APA make a statement that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. The research on the brain & size within parts of the...
  • Posted Can I toss you down the stairs & see what happens? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Even though the sentence "can I toss you down the stairs and see what happens" sounds ridiculous, without ethics in research, it can happen. In Chapter two, the importance of ethics in research is discussed. It would seem that...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rihax003

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page