samue224

• Commented on Feeling Groggy?
    This is a great blog! I love the picture. The cycles of sleep are truly an interesting topic. In our college society sleep is a vital part of all of our lives. Do you feel that more studies should be...
  • Posted Our Selective Memory to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Throughout the semester, we have had our ears filled with information on the broad field of psychology. Though all the information was interesting in its own specific way, I was intrigued by a simple concept that psychologists have developed on...
  • Commented on Will Arnold Schwarzenegger One Day Stop Virtual Memories from Existing?
    I never would have related this movie to real life. I saw total recall as a more of a sci fi movie, but this really brings it to life. I would love to read some sort of article behind the...
  • Commented on Advertising. Is It Really That Simple?
    Do you think that apple is also using the all blacked out faces because they don't that their product is primarily for one type of person. They want everyone to feel as if they can have their product, and don't...
  • Commented on Is Your Brain Shrinking?
    This is a great blog. It's interesting to get some information on something that has effected not only my life, but the lives of many others. Almost all of of know someone or know of someone who has dealt with...
  • Commented on How to train the dog?
    This is a great example of reinforcement. We are constantly reading about these examples in our book, but it's interesting to see that you actually used it on your own dog and experienced success. There is lot's to be learned...
  • Commented on Wait, I Thought That??
    This is a great way to explain the tests you took. I have read a few other blogs attempting to understand the test but couldn't until now. You also gave great insight on our unconscious perjudices. I would be interested...
  • Commented on If You Want to Hang With Us, Smoke This.
    This is a great blog. Though I felt you were preaching by the end of it, I still feel that you have some great insight on conforming. However, in conforming inevitable? Is it part of our genetic makeup to do...
  • Commented on I challenge you to a duel.....
    You, having lived in the south, provided us "northerners" with a perspective we're not used to having. It seems crazy that there are such drastic changes in culture from one state to the next. However, I feel that if a...
  • Commented on Sometimes, "few" is better than "many".
    The two cases that you present represent the bystander effect very effectively. Do you think that one of the root causes of this effect is that people like to be private people? Individuals in our society are constantly trying to...
  • Commented on Freud: the Man, the Myth, the Thought Provoker
    This was a fantastic blog. The idea of the the id being the devil and the superego being an angel is a creative, yet far fetched thought. I feel that you provided a great objective blog that really stated the...
  • Commented on "I Can Do Better When You Are Watching Me" - Social Facilitation
    This is an interesting blog topic. I like that when you were referred to your personal experience, you didn't attribute the increase in weight to him just being there, but rather that you focused on what you were doing more....
  • Commented on Taking Action: What I learned from PSY 1001
    The Bystander effect indeed is an interesting concept to think about. Obviously, when crimes are committed, there is a significant chance that someone will see them committed. Do you think that one of the main causes of the bystander effect...
  • Posted Crowds Acting As One to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Ever been to an intense sporting event where everyone is on the edge of their seats the entire time? Then all of a sudden an athlete makes an extraordinary play and the crowd seems to erupt as if it were...
  • Commented on Love is Love
    This is a great neutral take on a very controversial topic. I feel that it is no ones business whether or not homosexuals are married or not. The reason that I feel this way is that there is simply nothing...
  • Commented on The Fastest Way of Losing Weight?
    I agree Bulimia is a terrible disease. It can change a persons life forever, and is a serious problem among teenage girls in our society. What do you think are some alternatives to reduce stress instead of eating and throwing...
  • Commented on Confessions of a Say Yes to the Dress Addict
    This is an interesting take on weddings. We tend not to think about why we splurge so much of our savings on one day. Instead, we just get out our checkbooks and get everything our heart desires. Do you feel...
  • Commented on Is Samantha Brick "Too Beautiful" or "Just Average"?
    This is an interesting piece. At first thought, one does not think that the most average looking person would be the most attractive, but it just happens to be so. I would be interested in possibly seeing an interview with...
  • Commented on Is Chocolate a Sign of True Love?
    I understand what you are saying, but do you feel that people purchasing items from for valentines day is a result of their love for one another and not the reason for the two individuals being in love?...
  • Commented on Does Legalizing Abortion Decrease Crime Rates?
    Though this may be a clever theory, I do not think that it shows significant evidence that there is a correlation between the two. A large amount of other factors weigh into crime rate. Not to mention, this data is...
  • Commented on Molding by Experience
    It is quite interesting that you were able to see the development of a young mind happen right in front of you. Not everyone is lucky enough to experience that sort of thing. In addition, how fascinating that your little...
  • Commented on The TRUE Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    Do you feel that there are simply things that one cannot forget? This is going off what nech0013 said, when something like love is embedded so deeply is one's memory is it crazy to think that it is impossible to...
  • Posted Concussions: Dazed and Confused. to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Along with the new decade has brought many problems to the NFL. The main problem being concussions. These concussions have triggered an uproar from not only former players but current players as well. Players are concerned about there life after...
  • Posted Left Brain vs. Right Brain People. Do They Exist? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Growing up in our society, it is almost guaranteed that you have been told that you are either a "left-brained" person or a "right-brained" person. Left brain individuals are thought to be more organized and logical, while right-brained people are...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from samue224

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page