bevac008

• Posted Five Years Time to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    It's hard to say what I'll remember from this class five years from now. It's hard to say where I'll be even a year from now. Although in a year I'll most likely still be at school here at the...
  • Commented on What is True Beauty?
    I agree that beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. People are raised in many different ways and were brought up to believe many different things to be beautiful. Where one man can think a woman with long...
  • Commented on Stranger Anxiety
    There could be a psychological explanation to his behavior to meeting new people. He could also be extremely shy and introverted and just not want to make a fool out of himself by saying something. It's interesting that babies develop...
  • Commented on Beauty in the Eye of...the Mirror?
    Beauty is definitely seen as very different across different cultures. Especially when think about the privileges some cultures have over others. Some cultures may have more money or more resources to obtain certain features to make them seem more attractive...
  • Commented on Love is Love
    Very true, I like your points. Marriage is between two people, not just a man and woman. And if people truly want to go by what the bible says then there are a few other issues we should take care...
  • Commented on "What is Beautiful is Good"
    I agree that this definitely says a lot about our society. It makes no sense to me why this correlation between good looks and happiness exists. From what I have heard, seen, and read more attractive people are actually less...
  • Commented on " I would be happy if I were skinny"
    I think the way body image portrayed in the media today has a huge effect on self esteem. The fact that all magazines use photoshop to make their models look just right seems almost sickening at times. They use photoshop...
  • Commented on True life: Daddy Day Care
    I never considered this before, but thinking back on it now I think I always preferred to play with my father as well. My father spent much less time with me than my mother did but I don't think I...
  • Commented on What's Your Intelligence Type?
    I never knew there were as many different intelligences as there are either. It does make sense, though, to have different intelligence levels for different areas. Especially since someone who is intelligent in math isn't necessarily intelligent in music or...
  • Commented on Adolescents are less guilty because of age?
    I think it depends on the case, the crime, and the mental state of the criminal. Age should have a say if they are extremely young and they don't know that why they did was wrong. These cases are very...
  • Commented on I Remember It Like It Was Yesterday
    I understand that flashbulb memories still fade, that should be apparent since no one's memory is perfect. It makes me curious to find out if these flashbulb memories change more or less depending on the extremity or how relevant it...
  • Commented on Forgetting Loved Ones
    When my grandma was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, they put her on some sort of medication to slow the progress. I'm not entirely sure what the medication was that was prescribed to her, but to me it never felt like it...
  • Commented on What do Detroit and Chrysler have in Common? Eminem.
    This is a very good example of classical conditioning by Chrysler. Although the narrator mentions that Detroit isn't known for it's luxury, they still show all the best parts of the city so people associate the pictures more than the...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
    Alzheimer's is a very difficult situation to deal with because you never know how much memory that person is going to lose from day to day. My grandma also had Alzheimer's and it was very difficult to watch her go...
  • Commented on Coca-Cola's "Happiness Machine"
    I want to believe that I'm not persuaded by all these commercials, but I know that I am. Not so much between the Coke or Pepsi debate since I don't drink pop all that often, but definitely when deciding other...
  • Commented on Advertising-Tugging On Our Heartstrings
    Advertisers can be very manipulative in the way they try to get us to buy their products! Sometimes I feel they use it for the better good, such as the commercials where they try to get you to donate to...
  • Commented on The Secret You: What Drives Our Consciousness?
    Your post is very interesting and very true. We never really think about all of the things that go on inside our minds without us even realizing it. With the button test, a certain side of the brain gets more...
  • Commented on Disney's Incorrect Slogan
    I never thought too much about Disney's slogan "Where Dreams Come True." From personal experience, I certainly wouldn't want most of my dreams to come true, seeing as I almost die in a majority of my dreams. It's interesting though...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise do we Each Day = A MYSTERY!
    It's clear by your three articles that the topic of a healthy lifestyle is still a great debate. There is always someone who thinks their exercise plan is the best. However in all reality, everyone is different, so everyone's exercise...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise is Too Much Exercise?
    That's very interesting, I had no idea that too much exercise can lead to depression or thoughts of suicide. I knew that too much exercise could lead to things such as muscle exhaustion, which can also be very harmful to...
  • Commented on Homosexuality and the Nature/Nurture Debate
    You make a very good point in that it doesn't matter where homosexuality originated from. It's still here. What would they do if they had found the source of it? Stop them? It would be a lot like Hitler getting...
  • Commented on Human Body: Pushing The Limits
    I've often wondered how much our body can handle when we experience our adrenaline rushes. Such as does it have to take a traumatic experience or could it just be from something really exciting? And does how big the adrenaline...
  • Posted It Does What, Again? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    In the past week in our lectures and also in our book, we talked about the different parts of the brain and how each section functions. We learned that the frontal lobe aids in our memory, and that our temporal...
  • Posted Advertised Psychology to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Have you ever thought about how much psychology affects our daily lives? In chapter one, many different topics are discussed. However the one subject that caught my attention the most was about how much psychology affects our daily lives. As...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bevac008