cull0117

• Commented on Blind, Yet Able to See?
    I find this amazing and makes me wonder if some blind people almost have a sixth sense to still detect where objects are without actually seeing them for sure. On a daily basis I see a blind man on campus...
  • Commented on In 5 Years
    In terms of the in-class answering I agree with the above comments that in most classes the more people that there are, the less likely they will take the risk to answer the question. However, in terms of accidents and...
  • Commented on Personality: What has made you who you are?
    I feel like this is something that is pretty hard to test, and that the results on personality are not genetically based off of birth order. I think it may be more of the exposure based off of your older...
  • Commented on Cigarettes Are Guns?
    I found this to be very interesting and likely an ad that would actually do some good. When most people think of guns they often associate them with killing people and violence. Although cigarettes do not violently kill, the ad...
  • Commented on What's Your Intelligence Type?
    I first heard about the so-called different styles of learning about half way through high school, however, never really thought a lot about it. The styles I connect most with are probably bodily-kinesthetic and interpersonal because I think I learn...
  • Commented on Big Five Personality Traits: A Big Part of Our Lives
    I agree with the above comments that the The Big Five Personality Traits are a critical aspect to the job market in that every job requires different levels of the traits. It'd also be interesting to see the comparisons of...
  • Commented on What would you do?
    That was a very interesting post and the video definitely added a lot too the blog. We learned a lot this semester about the bystander effect but too me that was really taken to the next level. It was crazy...
  • Commented on Disney's Incorrect Slogan
    Dreaming is one of the most interesting topics in the world because of the irrational and crazy thoughts, which are arisen throughout the night. So many times I wake up to thinking what I just dreamt was reality and even...
  • Commented on Five Year Impressions
    It totally agree with your thoughts that correlation vs. causation is one of the most lasting concepts we have talked about in psychology. In my daily life I always think to myself that if I would have done one thing,...
  • Commented on Standing Still While Tradegies Happen
    It's good that you brought this up because the likelihood that at least a few people witness an event like this in their lifetime is good. Everyone needs to be aware of this bystander effect and know that people usually...
  • Commented on Scientific Thinking Principles
    I wrote about the same thing and I as well think if there is one thing I will definitely remember it is these 6 principles. It is a good thing too because in any job I believe correlation vs. causation...
  • Commented on Schadenfreude
    I find it awesome that this is the one thing you will remember 5 years down the road! I agree, however, that this word may be like many others from other languages that do not directly translate like it should....
  • Commented on Do I Have To...? The Milgram Experiment
    The Milgram Study was one of the most shocking things to me in all of our Psychology class. This is definitely a controversial issue because if people in our society abide by orders that they know are wrong, it shows...
  • Commented on Is Conformity Always Bad?
    I completely agree with your opinion that it will not always be bad and in most situations actually be very helpful. Without conformity at a corporation like 3M they likely would be a lot less productive in coming up with...
  • Posted 6 Scientific Thinking Principles to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    If there is one area of Psychology I hope and know I will still remember not only in the next 5 years, but for the rest of my life it is the 6 Thinking Principles we began talking about all...
  • Commented on Drinking and driving; how bad is it really?
    This is a great alcohol informant for all college kids. In college binge drinking rates are the highest amongst all age groups by far and it is very important for us to realize the incredible dangers that go along with...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise is Too Much Exercise?
    This is a very interesting topic and one that I previously have never thought much about. When it comes to lifting weights, I have noticed that people often do not realize the negative effects of working the same muscles each...
  • Commented on Elephant in the Room, Did you see it?
    This was a very interesting test early on in the semester and it definitely got me. I think it is mostly because when we are told to count or pay attention closely to one thing, our complete attentiveness towards the...
  • Commented on What Does Standing Around Do?
    I have always heard this as being true but when I think about someone stealing a bike or beating someone up in an alley that if I was with a group of friends I would be more likely to do...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Mystery Still Remains
    My grandpa has began to show signs of this terrible disease in the past few years and it's interesting because I never would have thought that a disease such as this one was at all correlated to the abuse of...
  • Commented on Professional Sports and The Pressure of Social Facilitation
    This is definitely one thing I always think about at the conclusion of a big sporting event. As the player of the game begins his post game interview I always wonder what it would be like to be in their...
  • Posted How does Divorce Affect Children? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Divorce, which has gone from an occurrence that rarely happened during our parents generation to something that now happens in almost 50% of all marriages in the US. According to an article in Time Magazine the long-term damage of kids...
  • Posted Is Crime Really in the Genes? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Nature versus Nurture is a pivotal, ongoing debate on whether actions and success of human beings is based off of how they are raised, their genes or both. About a week ago we read about the Bogle family and observed...
  • Posted Research: What Diminishes Error in Human Studies to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    The main emphasis placed in chapter two is why research methods are so critical to science. As humans we have many tendencies such as being biased towards a certain view and heuristics which are mental shortcuts. One of the more...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from cull0117