elba0012

• Commented on Five Years Time
    It's good that you're not only thinking of genetics when you think of development. Development can be attributed to both environmental and genetic reasons....
  • Commented on The True Love Story
    This is an interesting way of looking at it. However, I believe that the second step does not need to be something drastic, but can be small events over time that can further bond the two together....
  • Commented on How to Think: Principles of Scientific Thinking
    I believe that Occams razor is the principle that people can relate to the most. As we get older, we are taught to think in a more complicated fashion, leading us to often over think thoughts that should be simple....
  • Commented on Expectations
    I agree that physical traits are usually the basis of attraction between two people. From there, the bond changes as they learn more about each other and strengthens....
  • Commented on Schadenfreude
    This is another example of words can connect to other words experiences to help with long term memory....
  • Commented on Not to be sexist but...
    That is a interesting question. I believe that it is through the tasks completed throughout a persons life that determines intelligence in specific categories....
  • Commented on Conforming to Society
    I don't believe it's tendency to want to be like everyone else, but it is to be accepted. Because we want to be accepted, we are more likely to change ourselves in the process....
  • Commented on Why he don't want to shake hand with me???
    It must be difficult to live with a phobia. It forces the person with the phobia to live differently than those without it and effects social relations....
  • Commented on my own experiences
    I agree that the humans ability to learn language is one of the great feats of human development. However, I believe the ability to communicate is the most amazing part because it refers to both those who can hear and...
  • Commented on Study Shows that 62% of us are Killers
    To borch183,the reason they did press the button was because the guy in the white coat was telling him too. The subject had no reason to believe scientist would try to kill someone so they might have thought of it...
  • Commented on Beauty in the Eye of...the Mirror?
    I believe one of the main points of this article was the idea of perception. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder because each individual has their own views on what beauty which effects what they find physically and...
  • Commented on More Is Not Always Better
    I think the main reason of the bystander effect is that when people only watch a situation, they often don't think of the worst case scenario. If they did, I feel that more people would help....
  • Commented on What are the Advertising Doing to Viewers?
    I believe the main qualities of a successful ad is its ability to get a consumer’s attention, focus the attention onto the message, make the buyer remember the message and get the consumer to do what you want, which is...
  • Commented on Chapter 1 - "This potato has a face!"
    I find it interesting, but concerning because of the problem of humans finding meaning where there is none and following it blindly. For example, in September 2007, the so-called "monkey tree phenomenon" caused a minor social mania in Singapore. A...
  • Commented on 99% of the Stress, 1% of the Semester
    At giord023, I agree with you. The tips we learned through the psych book didn't really help me. I believe that each individual has their own methodology for dealing with stress. This methodology can also teach others more about a...
  • Commented on Bystander Nonintervention
    I agree this is a big problem in our society, but I feel that the reason people don't intervene is because as the number of bystanders increases, bystanders are less likely to recognize the incident as a problem. They probably...
  • Commented on Misconceptions in Commonly Used Cliches
    The contradictory proverbs also surprised me when I saw it.I was mostly surprised because I had heard of all of them and even when reading down the list given, I didn't notice the contradictions until it was explained to me....
  • Commented on One Psych Thing That I Will Remember 5 Years From Now...
    To Sarah, Milgram never said if the behavior was conditioned by one or the other. I would hypothesize that if behavior was related to one or the other, than it would be more conditioned by society because society places a...
  • Commented on 6 Scientific Thinking Principles
    I agree with you general point that this course has allowed us to view life and incorporate the 6 principles into them. I've noticed that extraordinary claims applies more in life. The larger the claim, the more proof people need...
  • Commented on Ok, I liked one thing about psych. But, just one.
    I can understand the initial thought that people with schizophrenia are "crazy". Schizophrenia is one of the few mental disorders that can legally be defined as insane, or crazy. Sadly, few actually understand the symptoms of schizophrenia such as delusions,...
  • Posted A Look At Now: 5 Years Later to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    When reviewing the material that has been taught over the course of this psychology 1001 class, one may find themselves wondering what will be remembered when they look back five years from now. On a personal level, I believe the...
  • Posted Homosexuality and the Nature/Nurture Debate to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    The nature or nurture debate has been ongoing across the world for multiple decades. The article I read brought the debate to an issue in the modern world. The "cause" of homosexuality has been a hot topic for years. The...
  • Posted Looking Through Illusions to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Chapter two introduces the term ideomotor effect. The idea behind the effect is that ideas of a person can influence their actions unbeknownst to themselves. This effect brings the issue of bias to the surface as well as how naive...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from elba0012