leex5603

• Commented on Guilty? The Truth Behind the Polygraph Test
    Like you stated, lie detector tests measure things like blood pressure, breathing rate, and even sweat. This is a very very unreliable way of determining whether someone is guilty or not. I mean, if I were innocent but had to...
  • Commented on Presidential Morality
    I agree completely with your response to the question. In order to be well liked by society, political leaders must act and speak in a manner favorable to them. One can't really express what they really intend to do and...
  • Commented on " I would be happy if I were skinny"
    Very interesting blog. I think the biggest factor that impacts the self-esteem of people or children, is the media. This including magazines, weight loss shows, television shows, and the like. Yes, a good relationship with parents definitely accounts for a...
  • Posted Equal or not? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Children from ages two to seven are in what psychologists term the preoperational stage; or, the stage in Jean Piaget's theory characterized by the ability to construe mental representations of experience, but not yet perform operations on them. I was...
  • Commented on Can a Pai ban be reached in different cultures?
    Decision making to me is sort of like a game of chess. One must look at every angle and every possible outcome. This may take no time at all or all the time in the world. Ultimately, a move is...
  • Commented on Adolescents are less guilty because of age?
    This topic brings up a very controversial debate about the age of which a crime is committed and its consequences. I think that Lee Malvo's sentence of life in prison is sufficient for the crimes that he has committed, given...
  • Commented on Infants Language Abilities Soar High Above Adults
    In response to your question, yes, I would incorporate more than one language into my child's language capabilities if I were to have children. This I say because I am already bilingual, thus, it would be much easier for me...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Mystery Still Remains
    Very interesting blog. It's sad to think that how we live now may greatly affect the way we live in the future. Clearly, this should prompt younger people to begin living a healthier lifestyle, if not already. Is Alzheimer's something...
  • Commented on Animal Language
    Yes, I agree with the previous comments that animals have their own languages. Communication with one another, regardless of what kind of animal, creature, or living thing you are, is language. You are communicating to the someone, a message of...
  • Commented on Coca-Cola's "Happiness Machine"
    Good post on how effectively coke has advertised their products. When watching the video, the advertisement positively elicited a sense of happiness and joy, all the while, attempting to sell their product. Clearly, they have mastered the technique of classical...
  • Commented on What do Detroit and Chrysler have in Common? Eminem.
    Chrysler did an amazing and effective job of using classical conditioning to pique the interests of people. Simply by watching this ad, I got chills. There was a sense of power and persistence that this ad exuded, not to mention...
  • Commented on Drinking and driving; how bad is it really?
    Adding to what bouch113 said about how greatly this ties in with college students, I think that the simple task of walking home while intoxicated should be given more thought. Intoxicated people tend to be oblivious to their surroundings, thus,...
  • Commented on BBC: The Secret You- What makes you "you" and can animals recognize themselves in the mirror?
    Along with what numem004 said, this experiment doesn't necessarily mean that the child has figured out that the person staring back at them is them, all they know is that they can pick the sticker off the face of the...
  • Commented on An Advertisement Likely to Work
    Very eye-catching ads you posted. However strong an anti-smoking advertisement is, I don't think that it will be the driving force that leads a smoker to decide to quit. In my opinion, I feel that in order for someone to...
  • Commented on The Secret You: What Drives Our Consciousness?
    I am in complete agreement with you. The question of who we are, is so very simple, yet the intricacies involved are largely overwhelming. Trying to fully decipher what consciousness is is nigh impossible, in my opinion. You raise many...
  • Posted Awake in your sleep? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Have you ever realized you were dreaming when you were dreaming? If you have, then you were experiencing lucid dreaming; a fascinating, yet difficult to manifest phenomena. According to some, in your conscious yet unconscious state, you have the power...
  • Commented on Homosexuality and the Nature/Nurture Debate
    In response to you asking whether or not homosexuals would take medication if it were available, I would not say no. In other words, I believe a handful of homosexuals out in the world, cruel, to say in the least,...
  • Commented on A Subject Hidden In Darkness
    I'd like to start off by saying that I'm quite baffled by you stating that homosexuality was not an option in your household. Foremost, I don't believe that option would be the correct term to use, as, in my opinion,...
  • Commented on Beyond Nature vs. Nurture: Parental Guidance
    I, too, agree with both views represented in your blog. But, contrary to the success of hahnx214's parents, my parents simply work for companies, assembling a medley of items packaged to sell. This, of course, has been, and still is,...
  • Posted What do you see? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Chapter four of our textbook explored the roles of sensation and perception and their relation to one another. In short, sensation is the detection of physical energy by our sensory organs, and perception is simply our brain's interpretation of these...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from leex5603