moser144

• Commented on Why he don't want to shake hand with me???
    Very interesting concept! I also find phobias and disorders interesting in the way of why certain people psychologically develop the fears they do? Why do some people protect themselves from ANY action which could spread germs, some of which are...
  • Commented on Love: It's not just for young whippersnappers
    Definitely an interesting article, no doubt about that. The title caught my attention, which is why i chose to read your post among all the others available to me. I must agree with Sarah, who commented above, that, "NO. I...
  • Commented on Don't Believe Everything You Hear
    I like your choice of topic. Although I did not write my final blog post on this matter, I also have a new-found skeptical side to me after taking Psych 1001. I have always been a fairly skeptical individual, quite...
  • Commented on 99% of the Stress, 1% of the Semester
    LOVE this blog! I also wrote my final blog post about the way psychology and its studies have changed my outlook on stressful situations. I completely agree with you on the fact that college can be a stressful time for...
  • Posted Sticky Situations: Stress to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Hands down, no question in my mind: chapter 12 will probably be the most prevalent material these next few years of my life. We all heard the stories of how fun, yet stressful college life can be and now are...
  • Commented on Why I can't remember what I learned last semester!!???
    I think you have certainly chosen a very frustrating and insightful topic here. Forgetting knowledge from past classes is very frustrating and seems to be an all-too-common problem for college students. You are correct in noting the differences between how...
  • Commented on Study Shows that 62% of us are Killers
    Good topic, as I think I speak for everyone in saying that this study is quite interesting and unpredictable. However, I think an important question needs to be asked: did the participants "administering the shock" know what was considered a...
  • Commented on " I would be happy if I were skinny"
    Body image is certainly a rising problem in America. We place so much importance and admiration on petite and fit 'perfect' bodies in our country. I mean, think about it, we air the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show on NATIONAL cable...
  • Commented on Atkins: THIN Chance You'll Be Healthy
    First off, let me say that your title is what initially drew me in to reading your article: clever. I also appreciate you bringing out the truth and high level of risk between the fad ATKINS diet. Food groups are...
  • Commented on "What is Beautiful is Good"
    Great post, and GREAT topic. Having worked in a restaurant as a hostess for three years, I can attest to the way attractiveness affects one's tip performance among the servers I worked with throughout the years. Not only did the...
  • Commented on The True Love Story
    Good choice in picking a topic that many people know about and can relate to, despite how silly the series may actually be. I especially appreciated your pick-up on the idea of similarity between Edward and Bella. It is very...
  • Commented on Not to be sexist but...
    I also wondered what brings about the differences in gender-related intelligence subjects. I think you present an interesting question regarding if society, or nurture, has an effect on what domains certain genders respond better to. I think 'lint0059' is also...
  • Posted Saying 'yes' to more than JUST a dress... to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Take a minute to stop and think for once in your life. Put down your pen, your textbooks and highlighter. Are you currently in a relationship? Have you been in a relationship in the past? What characteristics do you look...
  • Commented on "Elvis" in animals------Whale!
    Based off the information found in our psychology text, 'language' is defined as a "largely arbitrary system of communication that combines symbols ... in rule-based ways to create meaning." I'm going to take yanxx247 for her word when she says...
  • Commented on Just how much do divorces impact our children?
    You pose a few interesting arguments in your blog, one which I found to be quite interesting: the idea that a child who witnesses a divorce is better off being raised by the parent of their same sex. As a...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
    Speaking from personal experience, Alzheimer's is a horrible disease to watch someone suffer through. My grandma has been battling this condition for a while now and has recently been placed in a nursing home in order to better help her,...
  • Commented on Coca-Cola's "Happiness Machine"
    For me, the most interesting part of Coca Cola's strategy (as many of you have noted) is the brilliant idea of connecting their product with the basic idea of happiness. They stray from the over-done, cliche strategy of using "genetically...
  • Commented on BBC: The Secret You- What makes you "you" and can animals recognize themselves in the mirror?
    As noted by previous bloggers, I question whether the "red sticker" proves that a child is self-aware or not. Just because a child does not immediately react to the read sticker by reaching for it upon seeing it in the...
  • Commented on Cigarettes Are Guns?
    Extremely creative ad first off. I really like the innovative approach of comparing cigarettes to guns, making people realize that although guns cause a quicker death, cigarettes do almost the exact same thing, but on a grander time line. Cigarettes...
  • Commented on Teaching your gold fish to roll over
    Very interesting article! I, like many others leaving comments, was under the false belief that fish only had a 3 second memory-span. In fact, I distinctly remember learning that in my younger science courses. But, with science being an always...
  • Posted Coca-Cola's "Happiness Machine" to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    A common battle for your everyday college student: which caffeinated beverage should I purchase while on my weekend "Target run?" In order to sway consumers in their favor, Coca-Cola uses innovative advertising strategies, specifically the psychological method known as classical...
  • Commented on Unregulated and Uncontrolled: Our Addiction to Sugar
    Wow. I always knew caffeine had the potential to be addicting to constant users, but I had no idea it had so many negative repercussions. It appears I was just as naive as others in thinking that sugar simply increases...
  • Commented on Human Body: Pushing The Limits
    Nice concept for a blog post. It really is quite amazing what the human body can do when it senses an emergency situation, even if it's only a cruel joke from a friend. You do a great job noting the...
  • Commented on Homosexuality and the Nature/Nurture Debate
    Echoing some of the earlier comments on this post, I think elba0012 makes a good point in that it is not so important where homosexuality originates (although psychology students would likely find the answer quite interesting). Also, in response to...
  • Posted Misconceptions in Commonly Used Cliches to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Psychology, founded in part by William James, is the scientific study of the mind, brain, and behavior. Chapter one covers the basic concepts of psychology, focusing on how scientific the study is and the common misconceptions that come along...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from moser144