skaar067

• Posted Before you say "I DO" to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    I really enjoyed this psychology class, but I would have to say that chapter eleven will be the chapter that I remember most in 5 years from now. Being able to connect to what I am doing in school makes...
  • Commented on Saying 'yes' to more than JUST a dress...
    First off, I LOVE this show so I really enjoyed reading your blog post. It is nice to be able to connect outside life with school, and in this case a TV show with psychology class. The eight things that...
  • Commented on Conforming to Society
    Conformity in psychology is a super interesting topic to analyze. If placed in this situation I think that I would stick to what I think the right answer is. However, one never really knows how they would react until they...
  • Commented on Study Shows that 62% of us are Killers
    Great post! I also thought that this study was incredibly shocking. To be honest, I have no idea what I would do in that type of situation. I would like to think that I would say "no" to the researcher...
  • Commented on What's Love Got To Do With It?
    Claire, I totally agree with you blog post. I found this section of the book very interesting as well. It is fun to learn about something that has affected you in the past, or will affect you in the future....
  • Commented on Guilty? The Truth Behind the Polygraph Test
    Great post. I really don't think that polygraph tests are reliable either, and I don't think that there is a good way to detect if a person is lying or not. I think is is super common for a person...
  • Commented on Fact or Fiction? The Midlife Crisis
    This is a good post, and I totally agree with you. My parents are also in the age range to suffer from a mid life crisis, but I don't think they have yet. The only thing close to a mid...
  • Posted " I would be happy if I were skinny" to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Body image and self esteem are two important issues facing many teens today. Almost every girl want to look like a Victorias secret model, and almost every guy wants to be as muscular as the men in magazines. Many teenagers...
  • Commented on Hearing Bilingual: How Babies Sort Out Languages
    This is a great post! I totally agree, and wish my parents had taught me a language when I was younger. I think that being bilingual in todays world is incredibly cool, and gives a person many opportunities. I had...
  • Commented on How does Divorce Affect Children?
    This is a really great topic! Divorce is such a common thing now and so many more children are being exposed to life living with one parent half the time, and the other parent the other half of the time....
  • Commented on Children of Soldiers
    I agree that this is a large issue facing our society today. I have a brother in the military, so I am able to relate to this topic on a personal level. He is choosing not to have kids until...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
    I really enjoyed reading your post on Alzheimer's. I cant imagine having a family member suffer from this. It sounds like it would be both frustrating, and sad. It is crazy to think that 50-60% of people with dementia have-more...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
  • Commented on Our memories...
    I also found these "false memories" very interesting. It is crazy to think that a person can be talked into believing that they did something even though they know they did not do it. I personally don't think that if...
  • Commented on Our memories...
  • Commented on The Bourne Memory
    I really like this post. It is always more interesting to learn about something when you can connect it your life. Even though I cannot personally relate with amnesia the connection to the Bourne Identity helps me grasp the concept....
  • Commented on Dreams
    What a great post! I love waking up, and telling my friends about my dream. I like to try to interpret what they mean. I think that dreaming is the craziest concept. There are so many theories about dreaming that...
  • Commented on Blind, Yet Able to See?
    This is crazy! I think is is so strange that blind people can almost " sense" other people, or in this case objects,around them. I think it really interesting how blind people pay special attention to their other senses. They...
  • Commented on What are the Advertising Doing to Viewers?
    This post is really great. I like to think that I am not influenced by this advertisement but I probably am! So many people these days are using attractive women to sell their products. I think that when an attractive...
  • Commented on Cigarettes Are Guns?
    I think that this ad is extremely creative. It has a clear statement, but without saying anything at all. Through associating guns with cigarettes it clearly wants you to know that smoking can kill you just as a gun can....
  • Commented on Advertising at its finest
    I love this commercial. I totally agree with the fact that it is a very effective advertisement. I usually don't let ads pull me in, but this one really gets me! I cant exactly say what is is that makes...
  • Commented on Coca-Cola's "Happiness Machine"
    I am a coke freak! I refuse to buy pepsi products because I think coke is so much better. This video is great. I really think we should get one of these put in Coffman! It is really strange how...
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    This is awesome! I knew dogs were smart, but not that smart. I have a small dog, and I do not think I could teach him to do this is I was given an endless amount of time. This past...
  • Posted Teaching your gold fish to roll over to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Training dogs is a common activity, but have you ever heard of training a goldfish? Through searching "animals trained to do something cool" on google I came across an article written about a school for fish (no pun intended) in...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise is Too Much Exercise?
    I seems as though we are always getting down on ourselves for not exercising, so it is crazy to have this whole other extreme of this issue. Sometimes I wish I had a problem with working out too much. I...
  • Commented on Homosexuality and the Nature/Nurture Debate
    I really like this post. I think it is good to be able to connect the nature vs. nurture argument to a common topic in todays society. I do not exactly agree with the scientist who said that once the...
  • Posted Pseudoscience- "I lost 60 pounds eating chocolate!" to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    This first chapter of the book was a fairly general overview of psychology as a whole. The first section basically defined psychology as the scientific study of the brain mind, and behavior. I found that the interesting information came later...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from skaar067