and01697

• Commented on Are Identical Twins Identical?
    This is very interesting to me because I am actually an identical twin. My sister and I have a lot in common. We share the same interests, fears, ideas, and generally the same friends. However, we are not the same...
  • Commented on " I would be happy if I were skinny"
    I definitely agree that parents play a huge role in self esteem and body image in kids. My parents and I are very close and I have never really had self esteem issues or body image concerns. However, I have...
  • Commented on What is True Beauty?
    I found this blog very interesting. The definition of beauty has definitely changed over time. In a mythology class I learned that Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, used to be portrayed as bigger and fuller because this was seen as...
  • Commented on Saying 'yes' to more than JUST a dress...
    I would also like to say that I love how you tied 'say yes to the dress' into psychology. I think that people are drawn to others who make them happy and who they are happy with. I am not...
  • Commented on Guilty? The Truth Behind the Polygraph Test
    I also was amazed when I read that polygraphs are not actually reliable. this concerned me because polygraphs are sometimes used in trials and could accidentally convince a jury that a man is guilty even though he is innocent. This...
  • Commented on Just how much do divorces impact our children?
    I know that divorce can have very negative effects on kids, but I find it interesting that most people I know that have divorced parents are actually well balanced. While most of them were raised by the same sex parent,...
  • Commented on The Bourne Memory
    I am also a huge fan of the movies and love how this ties into psychology. It is very interesting how people with amnesia only lose certain parts of their memories. I have always wondered what decides which memories are...
  • Commented on Animal Language
    I think that some sort of communication is essential in any species. I believe that language is any form of communication that is understood by the specific species. Therefore every species must have some sort of language with each other...
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    I definitely think that dogs are smart but this story reminds me a lot of one that I read in the textbook. The story was of a trainer who had taught his horse to spell and it consistently spelled words...
  • Commented on Disney's Incorrect Slogan
    I think it's very interesting that most unconscious dreams are negative and could be considered nightmares. I would be very interested in finding out why that is. Why do we dream of negative events that scare us? I wonder if...
  • Commented on It Does What, Again?
    My grandmother also has Alzheimer's disease and I have seen how she just mumbles and whenever she does form a coherent sentence it's of a past event that never happened or it happened differently than she says it did. I...
  • Commented on Is Crime Really in the Genes?
    I think that while both genetics and environment play a role in crime, environment plays a much larger part. I believe that people can be born with a tendency to be more rebellious but people really only act on this...
  • Commented on The Eye for the Tiger
    I think it's interesting that people from different cultures view the picture differently and focus on different parts. I am curious,however, as to why people from different cultures perceive it differently. I would be curious to know if it is...
  • Posted Big Five Personality Traits: A Big Part of Our Lives to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Personality is a defining factor in our everyday lives. It affects how we interact with others and how we understand ourselves. In five years I will remember the big five personality traits. The big five personality traits are openness, conscientiousness,...
  • Posted True life: Daddy Day Care to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Growing up I always preferred spending time with my father over my mother. My father always insisted this was because he was the "fun parent." Turns out he may have been right all along. When reading the psychology chapter on...
  • Posted The Dark Side of Ethics to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Ethics has long been a stage for debate and contestation. Ethical guidelines have to be followed closely or the results could be disastrous, as in the Tuskegee study where Syphilis was allowed to spread and 128 men died. The purpose...
  • Posted Twinning to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Chapter 8 of the textbook covers communication and language and the importance that it plays in our everyday lives. I was especially interested in a small excerpt called psycho mythology that talked about how twins appear to have their own...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from and01697