hann0217

• Posted Starting to Get Sleepy to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    In five years if I am thinking about that psychology class from freshman year, I hope that something will have stuck with me. As of now the thing that I think I will remember is the effect that sleep can...
  • Commented on What would you do?
    It eases my mind to think that I would always try and do the right thing by helping in any situation. But, it's basically impossible to predict what our subconscious will influence to do in such a situation. I think...
  • Commented on Obi-Wan Kenobi: A "Force"ful Personality
    When you wrote this did you start to think about other movies with characters similar to this? The first that popped into my head were Gandalf and Dumbledore, both of whom display similar traits to Obi-Wan. All of these characters...
  • Commented on Professional Sports and The Pressure of Social Facilitation
    For the most part, people can get a feel for this type of thing through high school sports/activities. Even though not all activities draw in the same amount of fans or publicity there is still the sense that people are...
  • Commented on Conforming to Society
    I think this topic relates to school quite a bit. Most students won't do anything out of the "ordinary" during a class in order to not seem out of place. This is especially apparent when you switch to a new...
  • Commented on Stranger Anxiety
    I can relate to this as when I would go to one of my friends rooms his roommate reacted the same exact way to any of us that did not live there. We would greet him and exchange some formalities...
  • Commented on What is True Beauty?
    This is such a strange topic for almost every generation. The "most attractive" person can vary so much throughout the years. In my opinion, everyone has their own distinction of what they find to be beautiful. But it seems like...
  • Commented on Atkins: THIN Chance You'll Be Healthy
    I completely agree. It seems like people are just trying to put a complete nix on exercise in favor of cutting out certain foods in their diet. Sensibly, it seems like someone could just add a regular exercise regimen and...
  • Commented on IQ and that Pesky Correlation VS Causation
    This seems completely reasonable based on what is required of presidents these days. Not only are they judged on their stance on issues and general intelligence, but almost more important is how they portray these thoughts to the public. It...
  • Commented on Fact or Fiction? The Midlife Crisis
    I think there are a few things in peoples lives that may trigger them to try and regain some of their youth. You can sort of tell if a middle age person just goes out and buys a brand new...
  • Commented on Guilty? The Truth Behind the Polygraph Test
    Do you think that the creators of the show may ignore facts like this just to make it a better television program? To me it has always seemed like the hosts are always egging on the participants so that the...
  • Commented on Infant reflexes: impressive or not?
    I had never heard of the rooting reflex before, and it seems a little strange. Do all parents know this trick already? I know this will be something I'll remember as an adult. Also, at what age does the baby...
  • Posted Presidential Morality to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    In chapter 10, Lawrence Kohlberg's findings on how morality unfolds across the life span are explored. His research judged participants on what kind of reasoning process they used to decide what was right or wrong in moral dilemmas. What...
  • Commented on Hearing Bilingual: How Babies Sort Out Languages
    If my parents had taught me a second language such as Spanish from birth, it would've been a much easier time with some classes in high school and college. I don't see why more schools are not implementing a second...
  • Commented on Are you an outlier?
    Do you agree with this in the case of super-talented athletes? Sometimes it seems like sports just come incredibly natural to some people. Sure they may practice the sport for many hours after they realize their potential, but is there...
  • Commented on True life: Daddy Day Care
    This was sort of the same way with me as a child. My father would always come home sort of late for work and was only fully available on the weekends. I associated everything sort of boring, or normal, to...
  • Commented on Business Practices
    First semester while taking a management class we learned a little bit about this subject as well. Companies make sure that their employees are well versed in the cultural norms of anywhere that they may send them. In such a...
  • Commented on Slowly Losing Your Life
    Alzheimer's is such an interesting topic because there is no way to cure it yet. With all of the research into it, it seems like there is only a matter of time before someone comes up an innovative treatment. But,...
  • Commented on The Bourne Memory
    It's too bad that they didn't follow the exact definition of retrograde amnesia in the Bourne films. I suppose it might not have made for the best movie, but it would've made the film seem more believable. Have you ever...
  • Commented on Our memories...
    I think that if my family and friends all collaborated and told me about a false memory I would probably believe them. Even if it was a horrid memory like in the Paul Ingram case it would be hard to...
  • Commented on I Remember It Like It Was Yesterday
    Do flashbulb memories need to be about a specific type of memory? I get a sort of flashback like this about where I heard a certain song for the first time. This is the same for the 9/11 attacks, I...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Mystery Still Remains
    Does this mean that abusing drugs and alcohol to such a harsh extent leads to Alzheimer's? I hadn't ever heard of that being such a factor, but it makes it that much more important to lead a healthy lifestyle. Luckily...
  • Commented on Advertising: The Hidden Psychological Manipulator
    It really is crazy to see how different advertisements for products have not changed over time. Adding a beautiful woman to a picture of any product being used has been to usual thing to see for a very long time....
  • Commented on Behaviorism: "Animal Man" Makes Baby Cry
    Your entry does an awesome job explaining conditioning while incorporating some humor as well. The cartoon and picture were a nice touch as well. Do you feel like there is anything that has happened in your past that has caused...
  • Commented on What are the Advertising Doing to Viewers?
    This seems to be the most common advertisement strategy used by clothing companies. Regardless of if it is mens or womens clothing, the models used are always there to make it seem like buying the product will make you look...
  • Commented on Advertising at its finest
    This commercial is really enjoyable and reaches out to a different audience than who these headphones seemed to be targeted towards before. It seemed like previously only those who were very into their music quality and athletes would use the...
  • Posted Who Are You? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Consciousness can be defined as our subjective experience of the world, our bodies, and our mental perspectives. But usually no one puts such an official definition on it. When I thought about consciousness the first thing that came to mind...
  • Commented on Harry Potter vs Free Will
    While Harry Potter is one of my favorite stories of all time, there is a very interesting article on the idea of free will. In the article, they mention something called the frail control hypothesis. This hypothesis was describing that...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise do we Each Day = A MYSTERY!
    This is an interesting take on the matter of exercise. However, have you read any articles pertaining to the idea that we need no exercise? These articles argue that exercise increases cell turnover, which in turn shortens your life span...
  • Commented on It Does What, Again?
    I haven't had any experience with Alzheimer's disease in my own life, but it is scary to imagine any of my relatives being diagnosed with it. Do you think that people these days live in fear as they grow up...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from hann0217