kolli035

• Posted The "charmers" aren't always the good guys. to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    All semester I have been anxiously awaiting the Abnormal Psychology chapter. Things such as Disassociative Identity Disorder and Schizophrenia have always fascinated me, but the most interesting topic of all, and the one that I'll remember in five years, is...
  • Commented on Infants Language Abilities Soar High Above Adults
    I've always said that if I ever have kids that I would want to raise them bilingually, possibly even trilingually. I learned spanish throughout high school and am still continuing to learn it. The years that I have spent learning...
  • Commented on Children of Soldiers
    I agree at how important it is for parents to be present in their children's life, especially during critical stages. However, I think that there could be something good to parent's being a part of the armed forces. It could...
  • Commented on Adolescents are less guilty because of age?
    This topic is so controversial and has so many different sides to it, very interesting choice for a blog post. I see both sides to it, and still haven't quite figured out where I stand. On one hand I think...
  • Commented on Oh my gosh! Why I cannot make it out!
    Mental sets are definitely an everyday problem for me. Whether it be figuring out the shortest route to class, working on homework, or anything in general that can be routine like. Mental sets can be both good and bad. They...
  • Commented on Are you an outlier?
    This is an interesting blog post. Last semester I had to read a book called Five Minds for the Future for one of my classes, and it had a chapter talking about the disciplined mind, which is very similar to...
  • Commented on How does Divorce Affect Children?
    This was a very interesting blog to read. My bestfriend's parents got divorced when we were in the fourth grade. There were no signs of conflict really, so the divorce was kind of a surprise. They have remained good friends...
  • Commented on True life: Daddy Day Care
    I really enjoyed this blog. I definitely see it playing out in my life. I have always preferred my father over my mother, even at an extremely young age. One of the above comments mentions a possible shift in adolescent...
  • Commented on Fact or Fiction? The Midlife Crisis
    I also agree with all of the above comments. I think that nowadays a midlife crisis is relatively socially acceptable, so people might even be using that as a way to do things they know better than doing at an...
  • Commented on " I would be happy if I were skinny"
    I think this is something good to talk about. I definitely understand the positive correlation between high self esteem and high parental warmth. If your mom told you as a young highschooler that you were overweight or ugly, then that...
  • Posted Infant reflexes: impressive or not? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Chapter 10 has a section on Infant Motor Development, and the section on their reflexes particularly intrigued me. This part proved interesting because my cousin had twins during the last week of January, so I have spent the past two...
  • Posted Drinking and driving; how bad is it really? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Ever since the invention of cars has overlapped with the use of alcohol, the question of how bad drinking and driving really is has loomed over society. The scientific truth is that once your BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) is around...
  • Commented on Facial expressions: the cause and effect of emotions
    I do agree that this experiment wasn't the best way to measure whether our facial expressions affect mood because there was no way to monitor if everyone was actually holding the pencil how they should've been, and so the results...
  • Commented on How Do These Guys Keep Becoming Sociopaths?
    I also think that nurture can play a large part in the development of sociopathic tendencies, but I think nature plays a larger role. I knew a sociopath in high school who had a younger sister that was completely normal....
  • Posted Emotions & Lies. Understanding the important things in life. to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Chapter 11 is all about those tricky little things that dictate our lives: emotions. I was interested in the section discussing how to discern the emotions of others based upon their facial expressions. There are seven primary emotions (happiness, disgust,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kolli035