maass040

• Posted Remember: Attractiveness to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Oddly enough, I think a psychological concept I will remember the most strongly is the "rules" of attraction. I found it incredibly fascinating how primal our reasons for finding a significant other are! Discovering that women search for one man...
  • Posted Every-Body is Beautiful to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    In Chapter 11 of our textbook sources say they found that physical attractiveness is a huge selling point for men all over the world. Women on the other hand, prefer a man who can provide for them, although physical attractiveness...
  • Commented on True life: Daddy Day Care
    I remember thinking about this as well! Just the same, my father worked a lot but I still looked forward to playing with him the most. I think the sort of traditional roles where the mother is the caregiver and...
  • Commented on What's Your Intelligence Type?
    I really enjoyed your entry, much less dry than the others. I appreciate you putting the information in an easy to read and informative manner. I believe I have Linguistic Intelligence, Interpersonal Intelligence, and Naturalistic Intelligence....
  • Commented on Behaviorism: "Animal Man" Makes Baby Cry
    I really enjoyed your entry, you did a very nice job of explaining behaviorism! It is somewhat humbling to assert that our decision-making process is exactly like an animals....
  • Commented on Blind, Yet Able to See?
    This is really interesting! It's amazing how people who are considered legally blind still seem to have sense of what is around them anyways. It was really helpful for you to provide that information at the bottom of your post-...
  • Commented on An Advertisement Likely to Work
    Your ending question "is it powerful enough to overpower a nicotine addiction?" is interesting. Although these ads clearly have a fear base it's hard to be sure if they would be enough to scare someone who is already addicted. I...
  • Posted Advertising-Tugging On Our Heartstrings to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    This ad is from Concordia's Child Services, and is clearly using shock to get the viewer to sympathize with the starvation epidemic. The quotation underneath the picture states "If you don't help feed them, who will?" Showing these filthy...
  • Commented on It Does What, Again?
    I can definitely see how studies on this disease really hit home for you. I too wonder the order in which the senses go and if there is a correlation between other factors to cause this. It is a difficult...
  • Commented on Facial expressions: the cause and effect of emotions
    I agree with you in saying that the experiment that we did in class didn't work very well, because as you said there were too many other factors to take into account. I think it's really interesting that you brought...
  • Posted Chapter 11: Emotions and Motivation to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Chapter 11 delves into the mysteries of human emotion and motivation. This chapter begins with the story of a man who had a brain tumor removed, and part of his brain. This resulted in him losing his ability to feel...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from maass040