nguy1731

• Commented on 99% of the Stress, 1% of the Semester
    With school getting more and more difficult, and now that we are beginning to step into the real-world, these concepts are one of the most important things we can learn. I know personally that I've used these lessons, especially during...
  • Commented on Psychological Fact vs. Fiction
    Good post. These 6 principles of thinking can be used just about anywhere! With all of these bigfoot and ufo shows playing on TV these days, it is important to remember to go back to thinking scientifically. Media these days...
  • Commented on Listen to Music; Create a Genius
    Good post to clear up the truth to myths such as this. I see classical music CD's targeted towards mother's and expecting mothers in pretty much every major department store. I personally enjoy listening to classical music while I do...
  • Commented on Study Shows that 62% of us are Killers
    Watching this study in action during Discussion was very shocking. It's amazing what some people do when pressured under higher authority. Even I sometimes fall under the pressure and listen to others who have some sort of authority position. I...
  • Commented on Obi-Wan Kenobi: A "Force"ful Personality
    Very creative post! Learning the Big Five was one of the topics that interested me and reading it in this context really caught my attention. But should everyone try to pursue being like Obi-Wan and be high in every trait?...
  • Commented on "When will I ever need this?"
    I totally agree with you here. As we get older, we will most likely encounter more stressors in life that we will have to learn to cope with, such as finding a stable job or trying to figure out how...
  • Posted What I Will Remember 5 Years From Now to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    I've learned a lot over the course of this semester, but the topic that intrigued me most was chapter 14 - personality. Everyone has a different personality, and reading about how genetics and external environments could affect it caught my...
  • Posted What is True Beauty? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    People often say, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder," which I also find quite true. Here in the United States, people might find men that are tall, dark, and handsome or women with blue eyes and blonde hair...
  • Commented on Human Body: Pushing The Limits
    Good post. I've always wondered how adrenaline kicks in the system and what it can enable our bodies to do. It's amazing how adrenaline can alter our mind set in some situations. One example that first came to mind was...
  • Commented on Multilingualism
    I envy anyone who knows multiple languages. Learning a new language is so difficult, and being able to speak more than one is such a great skill to have to today's world. Although people say English is spoken everywhere, I...
  • Commented on Oh my gosh! Why I cannot make it out!
    I have definitely been in your shoes before. Mental sets can be a huge problem for some people, including myself. I have had multiple experiences when I cannot figure out a problem because I try using previous knowledge and experience...
  • Commented on Not one, but two?
    Great post! As I was reading the textbook, the subject of cryptophasia also caught my attention. Cryptophasia is such an interesting topic because it shows that there can be communication without real language. The video was also very entertaining to...
  • Commented on Just how much do divorces impact our children?
    It's amazing to hear that over half of the children in the US will experience divorce of their parents. I fortunately haven't experienced that situation, but two families that I grew up with in my neighborhood are now experience divorce....
  • Commented on Drinking and driving; how bad is it really?
    Great blog! It's very important to know this kind of information, especially now when alcohol is easily accessible by college students. People often times misjudge their soberness and put their lives in danger as well as pedestrians and other people...
  • Commented on Awake in your sleep?
    I also don't think I have experienced lucid dreaming, but I have sleep walked plenty of times. It would be interesting if scientists found a way for people to induce themselves into REM sleep and fall into deep sleep on...
  • Commented on Blind, Yet Able to See?
    I too sometimes wonder how the blind are still able to "see." It's very interesting how the man was able to navigate around the objects despite being blind. I even sometimes try to navigate around my house with my eyes...
  • Commented on Teaching your gold fish to roll over
    The video was awesome! I also grew up thinking fish had a 3 second memory, but I sometimes found that hard to believe. I couldn't imagine the patience the father and the son had to have when teaching fish tricks....
  • Commented on Self Awareness, or Spot Awareness?
    I agree, this experiment was very interesting and thought provoking. It's hard to imagine not being able to perceive yourself in a mirror. I'm curious though how this test would be done on animals?...
  • Commented on What do Detroit and Chrysler have in Common? Eminem.
    Before this ad, I've always thought of Chrysler as an affordable, American-made vehicle that has been middle of the road when it comes to quality. This Super Bowl ad was trying to change that image, showing that hard work and...
  • Posted And You Think Your Dog Is Smart... to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    I have been an avid dog lover all my life, but I don't think I've ever met a dog as smart as this one. I viewed a documentary about dogs and did a little more research on one of the...
  • Commented on Is a sedentary lifestyle bad for your health?
    Before reading your post, I wasn't aware of how much I actually sit down during the day. I would agree that sitting down for the majority of the day can be detrimental to your back and spine, considering I've had...
  • Commented on The Dark Side of Ethics
    Being ethical and making ethical decisions is very important in today's society. The Tuskegee study was obviously unethical and wrong, but it did raise more awareness for protecting human subjects' rights. I agree that using unethical guidelines when testing may...
  • Commented on Just How Closely Related Are We??
    The genetic breakdown of twins and siblings is a very interesting topic. I sometimes wonder myself how I got my mother's hands and my younger sister got my father's nose! My neighbors that live down the street from me are...
  • Posted I Hope I Don't Get Sick Before the Final! to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Has this statement ever crossed your mind during finals week? For me personally, this is one of my worst fears come test time. But why is it that we always seem to be under the weather during the most important...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from nguy1731