vanre012

• Commented on Conforming to Society
    I found this experiment very interesting and in fact took part in it in high school. In our high school psychology class, we used the same format of the test, but brought in freshman to see if they would conform...
  • Commented on Why he don't want to shake hand with me???
    OCD has always intrigued me in the sense that it is an irregular phobia and the actions that those take that have OCD are peculiar. We saw in discussion section a small part of the movie The Aviator and in...
  • Posted The Big Five In My Future to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Five years from now, I hope to be in a business-related field and there is one concept we touched on this year in psychology that will without a doubt help me in my career. The Big Five personality assessment is...
  • Commented on What would you do?
    It has been mentioned that people typically feel safer with a larger group of people, but the bystander effect seems to say different. I am extremely interested in why this is the case, a previous comment describes how a situation...
  • Commented on Professional Sports and The Pressure of Social Facilitation
    I agree with what the article is saying as far as the two courses that people take in addressing the media attention and fan pressure. There are a number of examples of people choking under pressure of a big...
  • Posted The Bystander Effect: Why Do We Stand By? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    On March 13, 1964, Catherine Genovese was stabbed repeatedly and killed by a man and it all could have been avoided had the numerous amounts of neighbors, from half a dozen to 30 people, reported the act to the police....
  • Commented on Are Identical Twins Identical?
    Twin studies also interest me primarily because I have twin cousins and have always been amazed at how similar they are. Besides there identical looks, they share many similarities in other areas. For one, their personalities are very similar....
  • Commented on Every-Body is Beautiful
    The idea of what is considered attractive is a very interesting one. I have seen the neck rings and lip plates in previous classes, but I was never aware of the Mauritania men’s likeness to obese women. This shows...
  • Commented on Adolescents are less guilty because of age?
    agree that people can be easily manipulated by others, I feel that most young adults would be able to distinguish between right and wrong. However, the argument that may come out of this is what age is it that people...
  • Commented on Guilty? The Truth Behind the Polygraph Test
    The lie detector test does not seem to be reliable based on what it measures. A typical person would become stressed when being interrogated and this would obviously increase blood pressure and possibly cause someone to sweat. In reality, the...
  • Commented on Infant reflexes: impressive or not?
    I also have witnessed these reflexes first hand due to a large family that has many younger cousins. I became aware of these responses after learning them in a class and I find it amazing that infants are able to...
  • Commented on True life: Daddy Day Care
    I agree with most of the other comments in this blog in the sense that I enjoyed spending time more with the father than I did with my mother when I was young. My father also worked much more than...
  • Commented on What's Your Intelligence Type?
    I also like the format of this blog post and the way it incorporated more pictures. I actually became aware of these other intelligences in high school. We had to take a survey and then we were given our main...
  • Commented on Are you an outlier?
    This book sounds very interesting and is an interesting topic to look at. I agree with much of the others who have commented on this post in saying that hard work and perseverance do make it the chance of...
  • Commented on Animal Language
    I very much agree with a few of the commenters on this post in saying that animals do have language. In my experience of owning two dogs, I have realized that they do have their own distinct language. There language...
  • Commented on Not one, but two?
    This video was not only relatively funny, but was very interesting as a part of the language decision. What I found to be the most interesting part was that one baby seemed to be asking a question based on its...
  • Posted I Remember It Like It Was Yesterday to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Do you remember what you were doing the moment you heard that the World Trade Center had been hit on September 11, 2001? Many people do and the memory is usually very easy to remember. What is being described here...
  • Commented on An Advertisement Likely to Work
    These ads are some of the most direct ones of I have seen that refer to smoking. I agree with the commenter who said that the second picture would definitely cause a person to evaluate their choices. As stated, the...
  • Commented on What do Detroit and Chrysler have in Common? Eminem.
    I, much like many of the others who have commented, saw this commercial during the Super Bowl and found it to be a well constructed and almost inspiring commercial. The use of a Detroit byproduct in Eminem to exude the...
  • Commented on Drinking and driving; how bad is it really?
    This blog is very insightful into the fact that drinking can greatly impair out ability to make the right decisions. This is a topic that is greatly discussed and I agree with many of the others who commented in saying...
  • Commented on M.C Escher-Illusionary Genius!
    Perception is by far the most interesting concept we have learned this far, in my opinion. The way that our mind is able to trick us into seeing something as normal or different is completely remarkable and really shows the...
  • Commented on The Dark Side of Ethics
    Your post raises an interesting question at the end. It seems as though our country is always trying to progress and further itself. Because of this fact, I think it is important to look at the possibility that we are...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise is Too Much Exercise?
    Along with many of the other people who have already commented, I found it interesting that exercise can lead to depression and/or suicide. I also agree with your statement regarding peer pressure and the pursuit of an “ideal” body. However,...
  • Posted Chapter 14, Personality: Who We Are to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    A common compliment that is given and received by a large amount of people is, "You have a great personality". What Chapter 14 of the textbook tries to do is determine where the personality comes from through various theories such...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from vanre012