whit1618

• Commented on TWO FACED
    The prison study was a very interesting study for me to learn. I did not think that people would turn for the worst, and actually take on the role of what they were assigned to be. However, I don't necessarily...
  • Commented on Love: It's not just for young whippersnappers
    Your post definitely caught my eye from the first sentence! It was very fun and enjoyable to read the rest as well. I agree that the sexual activity of old people is alarmingly high. I myself, was one of the...
  • Commented on KISS
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I also like the KISS that your mom taught you. I agree that when people over exaggerate things are have too many things going on at once, it is best to just be simple...
  • Commented on Gender Freedom
    I found the topic of gender very interesting as well. Many people believe that women should be the stay at home moms, while the men go out and work. However, in today's society, people cannot really think that anymore. Everybody,...
  • Commented on Don't Believe Everything You Hear
    This was a good topic to talk about. Psychology has definitely taught me not to dismiss evidence, but just be skeptical of it and further confirm it. For the study about video games you mentioned, I believe that there must...
  • Commented on Before you say "I DO"
    This was a great topic to talk about. Everybody is always going through relationship break ups and make ups, but it is good to know what to look for when getting into relations with another person. Many people say "opposites...
  • Commented on Sticky Situations: Stress
    Stress is defiantly a factor in everybody's life that will always be there. I also took part in the REP stress study and it taught me a lot as well. There is no point in stressing about things which are...
  • Commented on 5 years from now
    I agree that this is by far one of the most fascinating concepts to understand. How can one person influence so many others, and to what extent? The fact that just a little pressure from someone in a white coat...
  • Commented on A Look At Now: 5 Years Later
    This was a very good article to read. I'd have to agree that it is one of the most memorable discussions in psychology because it applies to many aspects of it. In my opinion, almost everything is partly nature and...
  • Posted I'd Rather Stand Alone to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Many people assume that "several heads are better than one," but is that necessarily true? In many studies conducted, it actually demonstrates that individual brainstorming is more effective than group brainstorming because groups tend to come up with fewer...
  • Posted Tetris; It's More Than Just A Game to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Many times in life people go through terrible events that can cause a lot of stress on them. Because of this, some people develop posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD); a condition that sometimes follows extremely stressful life events. Its symptoms...
  • Commented on What is the Typical Family?
    I absolutely loved reading your article. I am for same sex marriage and I believe that anyone should be able to raise a family and get married if they so choose. You made a good point by saying that as...
  • Commented on Expectations
    This is one of my all time favorite movies. It tells a wonderful story about love. I definitely agree when you say that attractiveness does matter when first meeting a mate. If you are not physically attracted to a person,...
  • Commented on Every-Body is Beautiful
    This is a very interesting article! I liked how you showed 3 prime examples of very different "attractiveness." It was good to see that beauty can really come in all shapes and sizes. The plates in the bottom lip of...
  • Commented on Relationship Formation in Forgetting Sarah Marshall
    This blog post does a wonderful example of showing the 3 "requirements" needed for a relationship. I agree when you say that there is no such thing as love at first site because it does take time and effort to...
  • Commented on Not to be sexist but...
    I really enjoyed reading this post. You did a good job at explaining the gender differences by showing examples of who's better at what. However, if the roles were reversed I think that women would far exceed men. The world...
  • Posted Listen to Music; Create a Genius to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    In 1993, the supposed enhancement in intelligence after listening to classical music became very popular. Known as the Mozart Effect, a paper reported that college students who listened to about 10 minutes of Mozart showed significant improvements on spatial...
  • Commented on M.C Escher-Illusionary Genius!
    This was a great example to top-down and bottom-up processing and you explained it very well. The illusion was also a great example and very cool to look at!...
  • Commented on An Advertisement Likely to Work
    These advertisements were a great way to get across the point of not to smoke. I understand how someone may never want to after realizing it will kill you. However, do all advertisements make such a good point for their...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Mystery Still Remains
    I really enjoyed this article because many members of my family suffer from Alzheimer's disease. Sometimes I even worry that I will develop this is as well. What I found the craziest is that people sometimes forget major things that...
  • Commented on I Remember It Like It Was Yesterday
    The fact that flashbulb memories fade should be obvious due to the fact that all memories fade over time. However, I found it very interesting that some people report memories that actually never happened how they remember it. For me,...
  • Commented on Just how much do divorces impact our children?
    This is a very interesting post based on the outcomes of the children. I am also from a split parent household with both boys and girls as my siblings. I had the opportunity to be raised by both after the...
  • Posted Not one, but two? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Language is a system of communication that combines symbols, such as words or gestural signs, in rule-based ways to create meaning. Language serves several crucial functions such as the transmission of information and the ability to express our thoughts...
  • Posted Read it and Weep to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Chapter 16 focuses mainly on psychological and biological treatments. Psychotherapy is a psychological intervention designed to help people resolve emotional, behavioral, and interpersonal problems and improve the quality of their lives. A poll found that about 20 percent of...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from whit1618