zydow003

• Commented on my own experiences
    The development and learning of language is very interesting. How people adapt to their situation (i.e. the deaf community) and earn to communicate is amazing. Nice post....
  • Commented on Animal Language
    Animals can communicate in a lot of different ways. How they adapt and "talk" to each other is extremely interesting. I would like to see some studies on how animals effectively communicate and "talk" to each other....
  • Commented on Children of Soldiers
    Good post. I agree that parents need to be there as much as possible for the extremely important development stages. I like the tie into soldiers going overseas for years because it really has an effect on a child growing...
  • Commented on Are you an outlier?
    Practice makes perfect. If we applied this to our psychology class maybe we could all get A's....
  • Commented on Oh my gosh! Why I cannot make it out!
    I have experienced that feeling a lot. When you think you know how to do something and it doesn't work out it can be very frustrating. We just need to have an open mind about things and we have to...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
    Okay, now I understand why my grandma is obsessed with crossword puzzles. She is just stimulating her brain to prevent this disease. It is a terrible thing to see someone go through....
  • Commented on Want to Help End the Recession?
    It's crazy how television advertisers tailor their ads to use stimuli to get people to buy their product or form a bias in the viewers opinion. They obviously do a good job because whenever you see something trending on tv...
  • Commented on "Elvis" in animals------Whale!
    I thinks it is really cool how different animals adapt to their features so they can communicate with each other. I like the Elvis connection as well....
  • Commented on Whoops! Freshman year...
    I agree that everyone goes through this dilemma and trying to fit in with groups by doing things that they do not usually do. If they would just be themselves they would find that there are a lot of people...
  • Commented on Elephant in the Room, Did you see it?
    I really like this post because I think that it is crazy how we can miss such obvious things in a picture or video when we are trying to focus on something else. Nice job....
  • Commented on chapter 6,learning,
    That is a very interesting story about the wolf and sheep. It is really cool how we learn and adapt to different things and situations....
  • Commented on Chapter 9 IQ test storm
    I thought this was an interesting topic as well. It is crazy to see how some people can soak up information and remember it very easily compared to those who can't. It sounds difficult to calculate IQ....
  • Commented on The Art of Not Being A Choke Artist
    I really like this post, and the picture does it justice because I really don't like Tom Brady so it was pretty humorous for me! I agree with you that this law is important and I too will keep this...
  • Commented on What's Stuck onto me?
    This is an interesting post. I like how you applied a real life situation to the theory and did some of your own research. Nice job....
  • Commented on Violent Cycles
    This is a very interesting post. You make a good point in emphasizing that not only men are abusers. It would have been nice to see what kind of treatment is available for abusers though. Overall, good post....
  • Commented on KISS
    I really like how you applied something from your own life to a very important feature in our psychology class. Occam's Razor has been prevalent in every chapter and helps us cut off the excess stuff and only focus on...
  • Posted One Psych Thing That I Will Remember 5 Years From Now... to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Five years from now I think the thing about psychology that I will remember is probably the Milgram experiment on authority obedience. The reason why I will remember this is because this concept really struck me as extremely interesting. The...
  • Posted Study Shows that 62% of us are Killers to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Many years ago, Stanley Milgram, a graduate student under Solomon Asch, wanted to conduct a study on the sources of destructive obedience. He played around with different scenarios to conduct his study. He finally found one that worked which...
  • Commented on Perception of Color
    This is a great post. The topic is so interesting and it is a fun little experiment to do as well. You ask a very interesting question as well, and I would also like to know the answer to that....
  • Commented on An Advertisement Likely to Work
    Awesome job on finding those advertisements! You do a good job of explaining the ads as well...
  • Commented on Phobia, Fetishism, and Salivation: The Art of Conditioning
    This section was very interesting to me, I think it's crazy how someone or something can elicit a response simply because they hear a sound or see an object. Nice work....
  • Commented on Two (half) brains are better than one
    I found this section very interesting as well. I never knew that different people's tendencies were based upon which side of the brain they use. I always thought it was just one whole brain!...
  • Posted The Rorschach Test... What Do You See? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    In chapter 16 of the textbook there is a section that talks about projective tests. A projective test is one that asks the subjects to examine or interpret various ambiguous stimuli. One of these tests is the Rorschach Inkblot...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from zydow003