bold0136

• Commented on In 5 years I Will Remember...
    This post makes me think of all the commercials you see on tv or on the internet. They boast results such as lose 100 pounds without exercise or other radical changes. These advertisements seem so convincing when you hear people's...
  • Commented on The Big Five
    I agree with the above posters that more your personality tends to stay the same throughout your life. My results from the personality test we took for this class closely resemble the results I got when I took the test...
  • Commented on F.R.i.E.N.D.S.
    I think your post is very interesting and I have to admit I never did apply the Big 5 to the show Friends. I think it is very easy to see now that we have gone over the Big 5...
  • Commented on 5 years from now...
    I also thought this topic was very interesting because it definitely changed my opinion on what can be seen as truly "abnormal" behavior. It would be easy to say that any behavior that isn't common in our society is abnormal,...
  • Posted 200 words on operant conditioning to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Despite learning many interesting topics, the one concept I will probably remember the most strongly is the concept of operant conditioning and its applications on animal training, and in my case horse training. Operant conditioning is very prevalent in all...
  • Commented on The horrors of eugenics
    this section of the chapter astounded me as well. It is amazing that the IQ test given to immigrants, many of them probably didn't even speak english, wasn't adjusted for people from different cultures. Without adjusting for the culture and...
  • Commented on Quit Feeling Bad About Yourself
    this upward social comparison if used in positive way (if he can do it, so can I) is definitely a good strategy for boosting one's confidence. However, more times than not I find my self using it in a less...
  • Commented on Eating Disorders
    i think that it is very hard to define recovery from an eating disorder because it is so different for every person who is affected. Some people have suffered for many years, and others not as long, and also each...
  • Commented on How to train an animal.
    This topic is very interesting to me because I have horses and it is easy to see how operant conditioning plays into their training. For example, my horse used to very afraid of flyspray and would act very wary whenever...
  • Commented on Business: West vs. East
    you make a very interesting point. I agree that for that situation that the more western idea of speaking your mind would definitely helped to avoid a plane crash. However, I think it is important to point out that eastern...
  • Commented on Selectivity of early memories
    I find this phenomenon very interesting as well. As the last poster said I too realize that a lot of my earlier memories are really just stories that my parents have told me over and over again and now to...
  • Posted The Role of Fathers to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    The textbook talks about the role of fathers in children as often being more of the playful parent, while the mother is most often the prime caretaker. As I reflect on my childhood I would have to agree with what...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    I agree with your post. Authoritative parenting does seem to be the best mix of strict and passive styles by setting guidelines for children as well as giving their children support. I agree with your idea that parenting can not...
  • Commented on Nature vs. Nurture Debate
    This topic is very interesting, because both play such a big role in who we are. I too like your thoughts on how our friends shape us. I have found that the people I am friends are people I have...
  • Commented on Extraordinary Evidence for Aliens? I think not
    This is an interesting topic to explore. Although the evidence catches one's interest, the poster easily points out flaws in the article such as needing extraordinary evidence to support extraordinary claim. Also the poster points out that naive realism cannot...
  • Commented on Super Bowl Brains
    This is an interesting topic to blog about! As a previous poster stated, I too always thought that athletic ability was predominately the reason for their success, (although it is still very important). It makes sense that many hours of...
  • Commented on When We Can't Hear
    I found your post very interesting because I sometimes worry about how listening to my ipod affects my hearing. I too find myself constantly turning up my volume louder. Despite the discrepancies in research, your post convinces me I should...
  • Posted So, is coffee good or bad for you? to So, is coffee good or bad for you?
    After reading three different articles, it is clear that there are mixed opinions of the effects of coffee. One article from the New York Times focuses on its positive effects when it comes to reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease,...
  • Commented on Chapter 8: Language, Thinking and Reasoning
    I liked your post, it gave a good overview of the chapter and pointed out the interesting parts. Adding a personal touch made the blog more interesting as well!...
  • Commented on Blog 1 - Chapter 4: Consciousness
    this post interested me because I've also seen hypnotists work and I thought it was fascinating, although i don't really understand what was happening. I am looking forward to reading further on hypnotism!...
  • Commented on Lucid Dreaming (Chapter 5)
    not sure if my first comment worked - but i found your post very interesting. I didn't know much of anything about lucid dreams before reading this, so I think you did a good job with your explanation. The personal...
    your post is really interesting! i didn't much of anything about lucid dreams before reading this. I think you did a really good job explaining and the personal experiences really adds to the post....
  • Posted Chapter 3 Biological Psychology to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Chapter 3 focuses on what goes on in the brain and the biological processes that go on in order for us to think, feel, move, speak, and all other actions we make or do. The first part of the chapter...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bold0136

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page