buixx087

• Posted concept in psychology that I'm going to remember to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    A concept in psychology that I think I'm going to remember five years from now is the concept in Development ; it's called "Habituation", meaning that decreasing in responding to a stimulation with longer exposure. Basically it's saying that...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    I totally agree with your point of view. I definitely think that parent shouldn't focus on just one a method. The parents need to be combine those three methods into one to guide their children in a right direction. If...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles in Divorce
    For me, I personally think that parents shouldn't control their children too strictly because the more they try to control their children the more chance that children will get involved in bad activities in society. I've seen many of this...
  • Commented on Bigger Head = Higher Intelligence?
    I agree with you. Based on the lecture, they said that intelligence is related to brain size. Meaning that if you have a bigger head, meaning that you are smarter than others people with smaller head....
  • Commented on Blog 3: (make up blog) LYING... how can you tell?
    I totally agree with you, and the polygraph test is not even 100% accurate. When I tell a lie, other people wouldn't know that I'm telling a lie because I act normal and I look straight in their eyes telling...
  • Commented on Did He Really Disappear?
    I think that the baby really thinks that her dad was really disappeared because at her age, she hasn't developed object permanence yet....
  • Commented on "This is NOT how you would act if your father was in the room, mister."
    I feel sorry when I hear your story. My situation is a little bit different from you. My parents got divorced when I was five years old, and I lived with my dad since then. He takes a really good...
  • Commented on Attractiveness Bias
    I've never pay attention to this since you pointed this out. Being attractive gives you a plus when it comes to getting a job but it's not the main thing. The main thing is your knowledge and personality....
  • Commented on Physical Attractiveness Bias.
    I personally don't think that the physical attractiveness is a big deal when it comes to pursuing a job or getting hired, because all it's matter is your knowledge. Let's say if you're good looking but you don't have...
  • Commented on Intelligence portrayed in the media
    I totally agree with you because the media seems to make fun of the intelligence people as people who has no social life and not living their life. This is such a stereotype for "nerdy". I also think the media...
  • Posted Young Children to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    As discussed in lecture; Children who are younger than 6 years of age focus exclusively on dimension, for examples, the height of liquid or length of chips. One of an example, is that if you put two equal amount...
  • Commented on Because your mother said so.
    I think it's a really good idea to drink 8 glasses of water every day because it helps filter our body. It's so beneficial because it's good for our system, especially our skin. Water gives us brighter and healthy skin....
  • Commented on How to train an animal.
    I agree with you that training an animal using operant conditioning is very effective because we apply both the reinforcement and punishment on them in order to them to be trained. I used to have a dog, and I taught...
  • Commented on Pros and Cons for being bilingual
    I'm in the same situation as you. I'm speaking both languages which are Vietnamese and English. I came to the U.S when I was 12 years old and I didn't know much English back then. It was challenging for me...
  • Commented on Worst question ever: "What is the meaning of life?"
    I personally think that having lots of money doesn't mean that you have a happy life. For example, money can't buy you "love". In my definition of happy life is that you're enjoying your life, sharing your love with others...
  • Commented on Whose memory is correct? Yours? Mine?
    False memory had sometimes occur to me. I remembered when I was talking to my friend about the night that we went out together. He told me that I was the one driving the car and I was pretty sure...
  • Posted is Sugar good or bad for your health ? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    I've never though of this question before since when my parents told me that if I consume too much sweet, it's not good for my health. It's the main cause of diabetes; also it's the leading cause of oral...
  • Posted chapter 5 to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    At the beginning of Chapter 5. The book talked about sleep paralysis, which means that you're not able to move while you're sleeping, and while you're experiencing the sleep paralysis, you will be dealing the feeling of anxiety, some...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from buixx087

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page