kuhn0144

• Commented on 5 years from now
    I couldn't agree any more! I also thought this was the most interesting part of psychology. I am going to be using the same methods to train my future dog....
  • Commented on Birth Order
    I definitely agree with this. It is all about how one perceives the situation they are in. I am the middle child in my family and I sometimes feel like I'm the odd one out while my older sibling is...
  • Commented on Do Looks Matter Anymore? (makeup blog)
    I thought this was very interesting! It was cool to read about the cultural difference. I agree with you. I think the importance of physical attractiveness is starting to decrease as well!...
  • Posted Shaping to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Five years from now, the thing that will stick out the most to me from Psychology class will be the process of shaping. I thought that the whole shaping process was very interesting and genius at the same time. It...
  • Commented on Cross Cultural Business
    I agree with the styles that you represented for the western and eastern nations. It was pretty interesting to look at it like that. In order for western and eastern managers to work together that have to both be open...
  • Commented on Intelligence portrayed in the media
    This makes a lot of sense! I couldn't agree with you anymore. Kids shouldn't be afraid to be the smart ones growing up just to avoid bullying or whatnot. They need to portray intelligence as a good thing!...
  • Commented on Remembering Ms. Anne
    i thought this was pretty interesting. I also used to feel the same way, worrying if i was going to be remembered by someone after an absence in time but it was a lot more comforting to know the reason...
  • Commented on Daddy's Little Girl
    This was cool to read and I agree with you. My dad does pretty much everything with my brother and I while my mom and sister tend to do most things together....
  • Commented on Blog 3: (make up blog) LYING... how can you tell?
    I agree. It is so hard to actually tell if someone is lying. You would think that as complex as the human brain gets it would be able to figure out a lie!...
  • Posted IQ: Is it the genes or the scenes? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    People's perspectives on IQ vary greatly. Some tend to think that it is genetics that explains IQ while others believe it is the environment which determines ones IQ. However, both genes and environment affect IQ scores. I want to know...
  • Commented on Young Children
    This was interesting. Like you said, this example fits the dimensions aspect of early childhood development. It is funny how it works though because without reason, the kid just assumes the larger container has more, an appropiate guess for anyone...
  • Commented on Worst question ever: "What is the meaning of life?"
    This was a rather interesting post! I think that the answer is different for everyone however. Personally, I agree with the idea that happiness comes from within and nothing else. External objects or other people shouldn't be your source for...
  • Commented on Sit, Stay, Take out the Trash?!?
    After reading this post, my head is spinning with different thoughts. You bring up some great questions! I think that they should take a test sample and see how far an animal can go! Like you said, are there any...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's: Life Changing at Minimum
    I thought this was a very informative post. Growing up, my best friends' grandma had Alzheimer's, so I got a little taste of how vicious the disease is first hand. It was very sad to see her slowly lose her...
  • Commented on Flying kites with my uncle too?
    I still find it crazy how long term memory works. It still baffles me how we can be completely convinced how a certain event just based off how we remember it compared to what actually went down. It's also interesting...
  • Commented on Autism Speaks
    You bring up an interesting point. Obviously, it affects everyone who knows somebody with autism. This is a good and bad thing. It is an unfortunate disorder that sadly strikes a lot of families everywhere yet this is good at...
  • Posted This Will Grab Your Attention! to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    http://www.thephoblographer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/olympusfocus.jpg The link to the image above is an ad for the new Olympus focus camera. Now, every ad that is produced is obviously trying to get a point across about why someone should buy their product. They want to...
  • Commented on Animal Training
    I am still amazed at how the whole Operant Conditioning works. It is crazy how you can get animals to pick up the message that you are sending them to do. They understand and are aware of what is being...
  • Commented on A subconscious nowhere: The mystery of what's happening in our brains during sleep.
    What an interesting post! It is cool to know that when our body is shut down in sleep mode that our brain is still up and running. I wonder if the brain would start to interact with its other parts...
  • Commented on Still Amazed
    I think sidewalk art is some of the most creative and talented work out there. It amazes me how someone can create images like that to fit our perception correctly....
  • Commented on Mirror Mirror On The Wall
    I thought this was very interesting. It definitely got me to start thinking about when I became self-aware, and I couldn't tell you when. It is weird to think that at some point in our life we were unaware of...
  • Commented on Forgetting Faces
    That's really crazy how that works! How could you forget your own face? That would be miserable. Great blog though, it was interesting to read about. I hate that embarrassing moment when you forget somebodies face that you know you...
  • Commented on Bigfoot Sightings
    I thought that was an interesting story! Even though these kids were regular hunters who are familiar with their environment, it just goes to show you how your brain can still deceive you even in some of your most comfortable...
  • Posted Biological Psychology to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Hello, everyone! Chapter 3 was an intriguing chapter as it discussed the biological side of psychology. Overall, the book really focused on the connections and links from the brain to human behavior. Nerve cells represent the communication portals for the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kuhn0144

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page