stock413

• Commented on Classical Conditioning
    This was definitely one of the more memorable topics for me in this class as well. I agree that it's definitely fundamental in understanding conditioning. For me, I like that conditioning can be broken down very easily and understandably. It...
  • Commented on Five years from now...
    That's definitely a memorable topic. Personally, I don't like kids and babies all that much, which sounds awful because I was one once, but this section helped me to understand them a little bit better! It's great that you'll be...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles in Divorce
    I can definitely relate to your story! My parents split up when I was really young as well. I was probably less than two years old, so I don't really know what my mom's parenting style would have been like...
  • Commented on The Streetlight Interference--Are you a SLIder?
    Oh my goodness, the same thing happens to me with streetlights too! Although, from reading your post and the other comments, it sounds like this is a pretty common occurrence with a lot of people. That makes me feel better,...
  • Commented on Rubin Vase
    Nice explanation! This reminds me a lot of the silhouette of the spinning girl illusion. That one drives me crazy! I'm usually pretty good about being able to switch my brain from seeing one part of an illusion to seeing...
  • Commented on Super Sensitive Senses
    I totally agree about that high pitched ringtone! I remember when I first heard about it, I was so amazed. I got a kick out of it whenever I would play it in front of my mom and she couldn't...
  • Commented on Our most beloved memories - not what we remember
    It's crazy how we can be so sure of something that our minds may have conjured up themselves. I found this all to be pretty disconcerting that some of my clearest memories could actually be made up. How crazy! Hopefully...
  • Commented on Questions of Free Will
    This whole concept of the conscious and unconscious mind are still a little fuzzy. To me, even if a decision is made unconsciously, it still seems like free will, in my opinion. So I would definitely agree with you and...
  • Commented on Sleep Tight
    This was probably one of my favorite sections to learn about. I like that there is a lot of mystery still involved with dreams and understanding how and why they work. Dreams are such a weird concept. For me, it...
  • Commented on Analysis of Charlie from "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
    I can tell that Charlie is a very complex character from what you've written. It seems like he would be difficult to analyze using the big five, but you did a good job! I haven't heard of this book, but...
  • Posted I've Been Conditioned to Remember Conditioning to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Five years from now, I'm positive I will remember the things we learned on classical and operant conditioning. These concepts are fundamental in understanding how we develop and how we can influence the actions of others. They are very useful...
  • Commented on Sibling Structure: The Forever Unsolved Mystery
    When I first read this in the book, I didn't think too much on it and just agreed. But then I took a look at the differences in my older brother and me. We are almost the exact opposite from...
  • Commented on Baby Development
    This section of the course was most memorable for me as well. I'm not much of a kid person, in fact, I can't really stand babies at all. But I felt like I gained a lot of insight as to...
  • Commented on "This is NOT how you would act if your father was in the room, mister."
    So sorry to hear about your dad! I also lived with a single parent growing up, my parents split when I was pretty young. But I think in some cases, having a single parent can almost make you a better...
  • Posted Who's that girl? It's Jess! to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    In the tv series "New Girl," Zooey Deschanel plays Jess Day, a young, eccentric, and downright quirky teacher that has recently had her heart broken. She's vibrant and unique in every way and brings a whole new meaning to...
  • Commented on Pavlov Conditioning in My Case
    What a great real-life example! It reminded me of a friend of mine who absolutely hates apples. Really random, I know. But one day she was eating an apple and she got really sick. She wasn't sure if it was...
  • Commented on Chapter 1 - Psychology and Scientific Thinking
    That's very true. Desperation can lead some people to try extreme measures. But I think a lot of people buy into pseudoscience through advertising as well. There are some commercials out there that advertise for "scientific-sounding" things that really aren't....
  • Commented on Forgetting Faces
    It's so difficult to even grasp the concept of not being able to recognize faces. Makes me realize how lucky most of us are to not have to struggle through something so troubling! However, it's very encouraging to hear this...
  • Commented on Eternal Sunshine of the "Splotchy" Mind
    I haven't seen this movie, but it sounds worthwhile. And the question of whether we should be able to "erase" painful memories is definitely a tough one. In my opinion, it seems like cheating! Life is full of ups and...
    I agree, it's almost upsetting how some of our most certain memories can be drastically different than what actually occurred! The examples in the book reminded me of 9/11. Right now, I can recall exactly where I was, who I...
  • Commented on The Truth Behind 50 First Dates
    This movie is also one of my favorites! It's just a really touching story to me. And I had no idea that her diagnosis wasn't real. It was very believable! I always wondered what would happen if she stayed up...
  • Posted Dream House? or Nightmare House? (spoiler alert!) to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    For those of you who have never seen or heard of the movie "Dream House," don't worry, you're not missing out. It was an interesting plot, but overall pretty predictable. The main actor, Daniel Craig, plays Will Atenton, a man...
  • Commented on What's all the buzz about?
    My high school physics teacher showed us a similar video. I found it interesting how different everyone's hearing ranges were. Even though we were all about the same age and everything, some people could not perceive much more than our...
  • Posted Chapter 1 - Psychology and Scientific Thinking to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Chapter 1 is all about psychology and scientific thinking. It describes a lot of the scientific basis behind psychology and what makes it so interesting. In addition, this chapter talks about a type of science called pseudoscience. Pseudoscience is defined...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from stock413

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page