gott0166

• Commented on Sleep Tight
    Sleep is one of the more fascinating areas of the human mind. It is like you said, we are conscious but not. I also think it is interested that while in this semi-conscious state, we are still able to perceive...
  • Commented on Don't Always Trust Science
    I enjoy that you said these could be used to prove something wrong because that connects to the idea of falsifiability. I think this is the most interesting part of the scientific method because not only do you have to...
  • Commented on F.R.i.E.N.D.S.
    That is an interesting way take on the big 5 and the TV show. I think that this post kind of relates to the chapter on memory because you used something that was recognizable to you to remember a bigger...
  • Commented on In One Ear and Out the Other...
    Haha well, I knew there would be one person who was completely truthful. I think a lot of people wrote that they would remember certain areas in five years, but in reality were just looking for an interesting topic that...
  • Commented on Stress.
    This is indeed an important part of life because stress will most likely be present in people's lives at one time or another. I like the more traditional methods of dealing with stress rather than the medicinal but that is...
  • Commented on Bias in Today's World
    I am glad somebody wrote about this because I see it all the time in media. People always just report the part of the story that supports their point of view or opinion and leave out the other parts that...
  • Commented on Think right and think free
    I almost wrote about the scientific method as well. I think it is important that everyone be able to determine fact from fiction, or fact from grossly exaggerated fact. A lot of times companies are looking to sell as much...
  • Commented on Cross Cultural Business
    I like the points that you have made in pointing out the differences between Eastern and Western managerial styles. I too have learned about these differences and how each culture needs to be respected and their norms valued. I wonder...
  • Commented on In 5 years..
    I too have had friends change a small part of a story we were both a part of. I often wonder whether they were doing it to exaggerate it and make it a little bit better or if they truly...
  • Posted My Time in Psychology to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Over this semester we have all learned a lot about various areas of psychology. Some of them seemed very important to me and others seemed rather unimportant but that is just my opinion. I think that the major area of...
  • Commented on Sit, Stay, Take out the Trash?!?
    I can not wait to have a pet or animal that I can train to do various tasks. I also think it is very interesting that these methods can be applied to human beings and I think the point you...
  • Commented on Who's that girl? It's Jess!
    I have only seen bits of this show and it looked pretty good. I like how you related the show to the Big Five method it helps to understand what the character is like and how other characters would interact...
  • Commented on Blog 3: Bulimia
    I can not understand any type of eating disorder. I understand that if you are self consciouss about your body or something like that that you would want to try and stay skinny the "easiest" way possible by not eating,...
  • Commented on Eating Disorders, Hard to Crack
    I do not like the idea of bulimia and anorexia but I think that is because of the way I was brought up to believe what"beautiful" is. I think the reason t is hard for girls to gain back weight...
  • Commented on "This is NOT how you would act if your father was in the room, mister."
    I am sorry to hear about your father. I feel like part of your argument justified the book, however, they said that do not exhibit abnormal behavior and, emotionally ad physically.You obviously still listened to your mother and from your...
  • Commented on Way to train animal
    I like the idea of this post because I have thought about how I would train animals I have as pets once I get them. I would like my pets to be well behaved and be able to do tricks...
  • Commented on The Truth Behind 50 First Dates
    I think this connects to concepts in class that were talked about in regards to memory loss but I am more interested in the end of the movie,which I have seen as well, when Adam Sandler decides that he will...
  • Commented on Eternal Sunshine of the "Splotchy" Mind
    I like the ideas that this post brings up especially regarding memory and its loss. A lot of people would probably say that they would willingly lose painful memories if they could but I think people need to think a...
  • Commented on concept in psychology that I'm going to remember
    I like this concept to. I sometimes experience it when I pay very close attention to things that I normally would just accept as normal. I also used to experience it a lot without knowing it when I would say...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    I think I will remember this section the most as well and for the same reasons. However, I do think that there has been a tendency for parenting styles to lean to one or the other extreme because people often...
  • Posted Pop Culture's Effect on Lie Detection to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    I'm not sure if everyone else thought the same thing as me when reading about lie detector tests, but all I could think about is how glorified they seem to be in popular culture. The thing I found most interesting...
  • Commented on Vegetable Tennis: Not as Great as it Sounds.
    I think that activity in the brain due to a stimulus such as "imagine yourself playing tennis" can be held as a good argument for consciousness in the vegetative state. Seeing activity shows that the person received the information, processed...
  • Commented on Chapter 1 - Psychology and Scientific Thinking
    I think that a major reason people believe in pseudoscience is because of a lack of definitive answers to certain questions. People are always going to wonder about certain human functions that are difficult or impossible to explain, such as...
  • Posted Can you Hear What I Hear? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    During these past chapters (particularly chapter 3) we learned about the various functions of the brain. I found it interesting that the brain played a role in every part of our senses including our hearing. I'm not 100% sure, though...
  • Posted Chapter 12: Stress, Coping, and Health to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    I read this chapter and it is all about stress, the ways of coping with stress, and the effects that stress has on the body(in case you couldn't tell from the title). I felt this chapter was especially important for...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from gott0166

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page