herrm089

• Commented on Personality
    I also think that the personality part of this course was very interesting. I know that there are the big 5 personalities but I wonder if they are the same throughout different cultures or if there are more than just...
  • Commented on My Time in Psychology
    I also really liked classical conditioning and was wondering how easy it would be to subliminally condition someone to buy a product or something like that. Also I agree that we have all been conditioned to write these blogs, comments...
  • Commented on Correlation versus Causation
    I definitely agree that going to a prestigious school like harvard doesn't exactly make people get better test scores because they are probably already very smart if they got into the school. I never brought this back to Correlation vs....
  • Commented on F.R.i.E.N.D.S.
    After learning about the big 5 I was thinking about how every single TV show and movie always have people that have different levels of each of the 5 main personality traits. I never did bring it back to psychology...
  • Commented on Shaping
    I though that shaping was also really cool to learn about and definitely wont forget about it. The classical and operant conditioning were probably the most interesting to me and i thought it was cool how Skinner was affiliated with...
  • Posted Biological and Developmental Psychology to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    I think that the biology and possibly the developmental section of psychology will benefit me the most five years from now. Right now I plan on going into the field of nursing and I know that knowing what different parts...
  • Commented on Remembering Ms. Anne
    I think it's wild how different parts of the brain develops at different times. I babysat a 5 year old over the past summer and he always remembers me. It's weird to think that only a couple years ago he...
  • Commented on Is the IAT test biased?
    This test sounds like it is a little bit biased. It does sound like a very confusing test and I am definitely going to take the test and decide for myself....
  • Commented on Political Persuasion:2012 edition
    I think it's too bad that someone like Ron Paul who is more fixated on his message rather than funding wont even be close to getting elected. If politics only had to focus on issues rather than money we would...
  • Commented on Flying kites with my uncle too?
    I think memory is one of the coolest topics in this book. It's crazy how we only remember some things and not others. I wonder why we remember only certain things. One of the coolest things I think is those...
  • Commented on IQ: Is it the genes or the scenes?
    Since there is obvious evidence that IQ scores usually drop during the summer I wonder why schools in America have not switched to school all year round. I think that it would not be as bad as it sounds because...
  • Commented on Attractiveness Bias
    I think the reason that attractiveness is not on that list is because it would probably be hard to prove this bias because attractiveness is based on what one person thinks about another. When it comes down to it though...
  • Commented on Twin Studies
    I found this part of the reading very interesting. I always thought that traits and intelligence were traced back to environmental factors. I remember in the text how the monozygotic twins that were reared apart almost always had a positive...
  • Commented on Eating Disorders
    I also know someone who had anorexia. I feel so bad for people that go through this problem, whether it starts from feeling bad about one's self, bullying or media. I wish everyone could just be happy with the way...
  • Commented on Gay Marriage
    I liked this blog post a lot. I seriously don't know why people think it's a huge deal for people of the same sex to get married. Love is love no matter who it involves. Maybe some day soon people...
  • Commented on Intelligence portrayed in the media
    Yeah, I totally agree with everything that you wrote. I know now that I and other older people know that being smart is far better than being not smart. Since kids accept the media image of a nerd so easily...
  • Commented on Beauty Across the World
    I never really thought about different cultures thinking that different things were attractive. I think that although a lot of men say that physical attractiveness is the biggest attraction but I strongly believe that personality is what keeps someone attracted...
  • Commented on How to Spot a Liar!
    I never knew that people lie so much even in a single day. I never even knew that I probably lie that much. I wonder if we were born to lie or when the first lie even happened....
  • Posted Lie Detection to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    In this article they talked about the polygraph test, the guilty knowledge test, brain scans, and integrity tests. Before reading about lie detection I used to think that the polygraph was perfect at detecting whether or not someone is lying....
  • Posted When does one become aware of self? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Out of hundreds of animals that have been tested Humans, Chimpanzees, and Orangutans are the only ones that are capable of being aware of ones self. Humans usually become self-aware between the ages 18 - 24 months. The mirror self-recognition...
  • Commented on Chapter 4: Sensation and Perception
    The 5 senses have always amazed me. I find it very interesting how sometimes our brains can be tricked by our senses. Very interesting blog....
  • Commented on Chapter 8: Language, Thinking, and Reasoning
    Language is a very interesting topic that is often taken for granted. I am in the middle of learning spanish and I find it amazing how many people are fluent in more than one language. I am also a slow...
  • Commented on Lucid Dreaming (Chapter 5)
    Lucid dreaming has always been very interesting to me also. The few times that i have been able to lucid dream were amazing. I look forward to reading more when I get to this chapter....
  • Posted Psychological and Biological Treatments to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Chapter 16 was about people involved in psychotherapy, different types of psychotherapy, techniques, benefits and treatments. There are many different occupations for therapists such as Clinical Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Counseling Psychologist, Psychiatric Nurse, and many others. Some different Techniques used by...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from herrm089

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page