peng0233

• Commented on I've Been Conditioned to Remember Conditioning
    I also think the knowledge about conditioning very impressive and important.It does explain much of our behaviors.Before taking the Psy 1001 class, I had learned little about human behaviors, which, now I think, can make a very interesting study field.Now...
  • Commented on In the future...
    I agree with you. Critical thinking is the most impressive concept I have learned from the Psy1001. I can feel the change to my thinking strongly as now I frequently question not only the new claims I have learned in...
  • Commented on Eating Disorders, Hard to Crack
    This is indeed an interesting yet sad topic. I think the picture you post sheds great light on the socioeconomic origins of eating disorders.Although there is a biological basis for these diseases, I tend to believe that the social and...
  • Commented on Effects of Nontraditional Families
    I think your post is very interesting. You reveal much insight about the effects of difference in family structures on kids. What is particularly interesting is the last fact you mention about the same sex couples.I thought gender would make...
  • Commented on Chapter 12: Stress, Coping, and Health
    I feel this chapter very important as well. Never a day is stress out of our life. In fact, I found that this chapter was not much covered by the lectures but I figured out some time reading it through...
  • Commented on 5 years from now...
    The concepts about abnormalities have left on me deep impression as well. Before learning about them, I kind of thought these concepts were constructed to identify people who were not accepted by society:somebody is abnormal because s/she is not behaving...
  • Commented on Cross Cultural Business
    I find your post interesting and tied a lot with social psychology.I remember in one class, a professor showed that Easterners tend to take into account contexts much while westerners tend to focus much on a central thing. I believe...
  • Commented on Still Amazed repost (was not graded the first time)
    I really like those 3-D sidewalk Arts you show here. They are fantastic! These artworks are really good examples to show how our perception can be tricked, particularly vision. I think it is important for us to learn about the...
  • Commented on Do you believe in love at first sight?
    I think your ideas here are very interesting. I like how you question the phenomenon - love at the first sight, that most of us tend to take for granted. It's so shocking to me that environmental factors play such...
  • Commented on Five years from now...
    I like how you relate the knowledge we have learned in Psy 1001 to your life experiences. I feel like that psychology mostly offers practical knowledge, something we can easily relate or apply to in our everyday life. This is...
  • Commented on Attractiveness Bias
    Thanks for bringing up the facts about the attractiveness bias going on in the job market, they show much unfairnes and should be put a stop to. I'm particularly interested in your example about the working field that is dominant...
  • Commented on Is the IAT test biased?
    I like the way you are critical about a psychology test.Indeed I feel that it is very hard for an experiment or test to be totally unbiased or unflawed because many prejudices have been deeply rooted in our minds and...
  • Posted I Will Keep In Mind at Least One Thing: We Need to Have Critical Thinking! to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    To answer the question what kind of concepts in psychology I think I will remember five years from now, I find myself encountering another question: what is the most important concept I have learned from the Psy 1001 course?...
  • Commented on The need to belong
    I never really thought much about the sense of belongiing until you bring it up here. It seems to me now that this feature is kind of essential to human beings.I remember in one of our psychology classes this semester...
  • Commented on Quit Feeling Bad About Yourself
    I agree with your idea. Even though upward social comparison can be used in a positive way, it hardly applies to me. I tend to be less optimistic when comparing myself with people better than me. Is it because of...
  • Posted Bigger Head = Higher Intelligence? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    I remember that at an earlier age I would have been pretty upset if someone had told me that my head is big because I simply thought that a big head ran against the common aesthetic view about the...
  • Commented on The Role of Fathers
    I totally agree with you that father plays an important role in the family.From my memory,I,too,did most of my "playing" with my dad,especially as a small kid, such as doing sports and he used to tell stories a lot, which...
  • Commented on Worst question ever: "What is the meaning of life?"
    Your question at the end is truly interesting. Honestly,I myself haven't considered it before. To answer the question of whether or not existence has a purpose,I have in my mind what I've learnt in my human evolution class this semester.That...
  • Commented on Sit, Stay, Take out the Trash?!?
    I think it very interesting that you extend the idea of operant conditioning to common human behaviors today. Every movement triggers a consequence and it is how that consequence affects us that help us decide on our following movement or...
  • Commented on Pros and Cons for being bilingual
    I totally can relate to your situation as I am bilingual too. I'm a native Chinese speaker but have started learning English since 11 years old.Since then I've become more sensitive and attentive to grammars of both languages. And I...
  • Posted Pavlov Conditioning in My Case to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    During recent psychology lectures, we have learned a very important concept: Pavlov (Classical) Conditioning. When thinking over this concept carefully, I have found that classical conditioning may provide much explanation for many experiences one has. For me, one notable...
  • Commented on Nature vs. Nurture Debate
    I kind of agree with you on the point that nurture or say, environment can have phenotypical influences on human beings.Just like the case of friends,some evidence shows that couples tend to look alike after living together for several years....
  • Commented on The Streetlight Interference--Are you a SLIder?
    Your topic is super interesting!Indeed, there are some occasions where science simply cannot provide explanation. And that's usually where religions come in. To me, supernatural-like events can be somehow scary as they arouse the fear of the unknown and...
  • Posted Psychology As We May Not Know It to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    This chapter, in my eyes, is mostly about unveiling misconceptions. What is the right spot for psychology in academics---Science, non-science or somewhere in between? What are the common misconceptions and pseudoscience bothering us in our everyday life? How much...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from peng0233

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page