miner087

• Commented on There Might Be A Reason those TV Characters Seem so Familiar
    Why are we, as human beings, so determined to find a relationship amongst ourselves and everything. According to many studies of behaviorists, the conscious mind is effected by the environment, which contradicts psychologist such as Freud and Jung who say...
  • Commented on Lie to Me
    This is an interesting post competing against something as complex as a polygraph test. It is compelling to know that one can judge aspects of a person's given moral's to a degree which is all dependent upon body language, namely...
  • Commented on Did you have to learn who you are?
    I agree with the aspects relating to every question asked in this post. Do we indeed ask questions, in our early lives, concerning what happened that day versus what we, as individuals, actually did that day. Also, is this "format"...
  • Commented on Do they really work?
    Indeed, the placebo effect has a major positive correlation to our overall performances, but a drug as a placebo seems to be a bit of an understatement. Concerning college students, it's simple to consider a drug such as Ritalin to...
  • Commented on How can you not?
    I actually enjoyed these 5 principles of scientific thinking and thought they were quite intriguing. I also liked how on every chapter quiz a question or two was presented that was based solely on these principles. My favorite principle, or...
  • Commented on Animal Talk
    This is so very astounding because the complexity of the english language is being performed by a bird. Along with the given example above, KoKo the signing gorilla, this parrot holds the ability to do more then just provide a...
  • Commented on Do You Know Who You Are?
    Suffering from amnesia would be an obstacle that really, in my very own opinion, would take away a lot of life's "meaning". To forget what you remember, humongous contradiction, would be difficult to deal with and I absolutely love how...
  • Commented on Where Does Personality Derive From?
    I was really intrigued by your comment concerning society and it's intention of shaping humans into a state of civility. I also walk along the line of both nature and nurture as means of shaping who we are as persons....
  • Commented on Snow Globed World
    It is true that according to yourself, you more or less tend to be right. I have always come to the conclusion that this is stubborn people doing what they do best but in all reality, it is simply people...
  • Commented on The Psychology of Morality
    I really enjoyed this blog simply because of its relevance to my knowledge of the Fundamental Attribution Error and it's role in discrimination at different degrees. Some people seem not to have any morals at all and they are questioned...
  • Posted When worlds collide, depend on Tom Cruise to save your life! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    If there is ever a date I wish I were alive on, it would have to be October 30, 1938. That evening, Orson Welles intentionally made the United States temporarily lose its grip on reality by broadcasting a phony adaptation...
  • Commented on Does Birth Order Matter?
    In terms of a subjective standpoint, the majority seems to be at a standstill for determining if birth order has any influence at all. It could indeed be genetics that create specific groups, including intelligence and personality, that many siblings...
  • Commented on "Anybody else have to go to the bathroom?"
    When a decision is based upon the majority of what a group concludes, to an extent, terrible events can unfold. Terrible, I use in a the lightest sense simply because the consequences of "peer pressure" and conformity are not adhered...
  • Posted A Cure for Discrimination? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    It is quite evident that in this world, there exist numerous systems of discrimination that include massive amounts of constructs that function to stereotypically marginalize the groups incorporated to these constructs. This process can be referred to as exclusion...
  • Commented on White, Skinny, and Big Eyed
    Taking into account my own personal preferences of what classifies a woman/male is Beautiful/Attractive, I find that culture itself is the the reason for seeing attractiveness as physical traits. It seems that I can find myself judging the attractiveness of...
  • Commented on Storm: A Risky Social Experiment?
    This "issue'' of gender equality that presented when asked to submit an opinion about the freedom of gender identification plays a major role in this experiment. I child knows no better when it comes to issues that will arise concerning...
  • Commented on Have Your Pep Rallies Ever Lacked?
    It's just like "Writer's Block", no matter how hard you try to put your brain in a different mindset that will aid in the creation of a new idea or even phrase, it just will not come. New ideas are...
  • Commented on Who has the best parents!
    The way parents decide to "parent" has a major effect on the children(s) that they are raising. Parenting style is a choice and it seems like it is dependent, almost always, on the way they were raised. So, I agree...
  • Commented on Can you help me solve this problem?
    I have had numerous problems that I've spent hours of time repeatedly doing until finally, I had come to the correct answer. The steps I usually took were relevant to the chapter, they were from the chapter actually, and I...
  • Commented on Is Postconventional Morality Unachievable?
    The greater population advocates a higher moral ground in reasoning and a great example would be the reasoning response of "it's the right thing to do". This sort of thinking/reasoning serves as justification that if you advocate the "right" thing...
  • Commented on Do they really work?
    Basically, us as human beings, are being ignorant to the negative effects of the stated drugs. We know, according to repeated studies, that such drugs do not work as memory enhancers. They may feel like they are aiding in focus,...
  • Commented on False Memories (Shutter island)
    This is actually a great comparison. However, there is one factor that distinguishes both the Ingram case and the "Shutter Island case" from one another and this is simply the manner the false memories were brought upon either men. In...
  • Posted Mariah Carey is my Biological Mother! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Memory is a placebo, controlled by our personal bias. We unconsciously implement certain aspects of a memory and manipulate it to make it interesting or memorable. Personally, I remember up to the age of twelve, a memory that made...
  • Posted Have Pride in being an American, NOT in Psychology! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    The study of psychology is partially based on our opinion but that only gives birth to ideas that science must reaffirm. "Psychology is the mind + the sciences." (Kathleen Briggs, "Intro to Psych") Now, the study of psychology isn't...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from miner087