cari0061

• Commented on Mental Disorder in My Future
    I too, would like to commend you in your excellent taste in music. And I would also second your post. It really is a privilege to have the opportunity to work with people from all walks of life. Everybody has...
  • Commented on Nourishment or Touch?
    I too thought this was a very interesting study. It explains a lot about the psychological problems if children who were raised say, in orphanages, often with enough to eat and drink but just not enough caregivers to provide the...
  • Commented on What's Wrong With Red Ink?
    I have a friend who is an international business major, and all the cultural traits one has to be aware of when doing business around the world are very interesting. Another example that I have hard has to do with...
  • Commented on Don't Wake up in a Roadside Ditch
    These commercials are some of my favorites. Absolutely hilarious and definitely memorable. With my mind on psychology however, one of the first things that pops in my mind is correlation vs. causation. Don't get Direct TV, end up in a...
  • Commented on Do they really work?
    I would be interested to hear more about the effects of such drugs on things like actual comprehension of information. Everybody says that these sorts of drugs help them focus, however the study above seems to show that they aren't...
  • Commented on Hypnosis: Treatment or Entertainment?
    I didn't really believe in the power of hypnosis until I saw my first show. It became pretty clear, pretty quickly that the people (friends of mine randomly picked from the crowd) were legitimately under hypnosis. One of the most...
  • Commented on You betcha
    Dialects have always been interesting to me. One of the most interesting is the pop/ soda/ coke debate. I have friends at the U that come from Wisconsin, Missouri, and Arizona and they all say soda. Yet all my Minnesota...
  • Commented on Functional Fixedness and Scrabble (and other similar 3rd party games)
    I can absolutely relate to this. I've often run into the same problem with not only words with friends, but also with things like word finds where the creators will but letters similar to the ones in the word you...
  • Posted Why Are Punching Bags Such a Hot Commodity? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Punching bags have become a real money maker in today's market. In fact company's like Everlast, have grown into international corporations around items like punching bags and boxing gloves. But why are such items so popular? The answer can be...
  • Posted There Might Be A Reason those TV Characters Seem so Familiar to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Why are fictional characters always so relatable? We might not necessarily relate them to ourselves (although that is often what we do), but relate them to other people we know as well. A famous psychiatrist, Carl Gustav Jung, has an...
  • Posted Does Midterm Stress Have You Forgetting the Simple Things? You're Probably Not Alone to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    With the stress of midterms setting in, do you find yourself forgetting some of the most basic things? Things like meeting times or plans for the week can be harder to remember as more and more things get put on...
  • Posted Ink My Whole Body? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Ever wonder how that last rap artist you listened to managed to cover his body with tattoos and live to tell the tale after the pain of your first tattoo? The answer lies in a psychological concept known as...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from cari0061