nann0016

• Commented on Nike's Reconstruction of Tiger's Image
    This commercial sends a powerful message to viewers. It makes people look at life through Tiger's eyes, but it doesn't cover up the fact that he is a pig. My feelings for Tiger did not change after watching this video;...
  • Commented on The Big Fat Middle Finger
    I think you made some good points throughout your post. I agree with how psychology seems to be very ambiguous and undefinitive, however there's a ton of research that points to reliable conclusions. IQ testing should not be a sole...
  • Commented on Big Five Forever
    Kelso... What a character. I love that show. I also use the Big Five Model a lot now, and it definitely comes in handy! It makes me feel smart when I can identify someone to each of the five traits...
  • Commented on Why Are Punching Bags Such a Hot Commodity?
    I have always wanted to buy a punching bag, haha! I am ashamed to confess that I get angry or irritated quickly, depending on the day of course... I tend to take it out on my younger sister, which isn't...
  • Commented on Memory Aids
    It is definitely ironic!! Remembering tricks to remembering :) Mnemonic devices have helped me pass so many tests, haha. With your photo of the music above, I totally remember doing that in middle school, and it worked! Mnemonics are great...
  • Commented on What Does Your Personality Say About You?
    Personality is one of my favorite topics from this course. I took the Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory in the Fall and again this semester for my writing class, and I was surprised to find out that I was low on extroversion......
  • Commented on Twin Telepathy?
    I saw this video on Yahoo! and I immediately was freaked out by it. It is indeed adorable, but it is very strange to think that these two little infants are having their own conversation. It is such an interesting...
  • Commented on The Hunger Games
    I agree. It lies in the hands of the parents to control what their children are being exposed to. The Hunger Games movie was quite graphic and, to a certain extent, violent. Many young people have seen this movie and/or...
  • Commented on The Bigger The Better
    I agree with you when you say you find it hard to believe men in Mauritania prefer larger women. It does indeed put a strain on their health, and as you said, puts the woman at risk of dying earlier...
  • Commented on Does Birth Order Matter?
    For my family, there are four children. I am the second to last born child, and I can see how these findings could apply. My oldest sibling is very intelligent and is very determined to reach success. Whereas my younger...
  • Commented on Neurotic Men
    This was an interesting post to read and I liked how you examined one particular character. Not to mention, I have never seen an episode of Mad Men, but your post sparks interest in me! Having learned about the Big...
  • Commented on A Cure for Discrimination?
    I clicked on your blog because I saw the photo that said "IGNORANCE" and I thought to myself how big of a coincidence it was because I was just talking about ignorance today! I agree with the previous comment that...
  • Commented on In all Honesty
    Agreed!! This is not my major... However, when I was originally thinking about possible majors I was all for Psychology! Now... Not so much. This class was filled with so much information and it would be wrong to say that...
  • Commented on How can you not?
    This is so true, haha! These principles will remain intact in my brain for as long as I live ;) Seeing these principles over and over, and over again definitely helped me understand them, so that is the plus side....
  • Commented on Twin Study
    I, too, found the twin studies to be intriguing. It was surprising for me as well to learn about how environment plays a small role in determining personality between twins. I especially liked learning about the twin studies throughout the...
  • Commented on Right or Left?
    I thought this particular topic was interesting as well. The brain is such a cool thing to learn about and it blows my mind the ways that it works. Knowing that each half of our brains can control different aspects...
  • Posted Consciousness to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Personally, my favorite unit of this semester is chapter five, consciousness. From the beginning of the semester I was especially interested in the stages of sleep and was eager to learn about dreams. This chapter also intrigued me with déjà...
  • Commented on Difference in Perception of Beauty
    This image caught my attention because it reminded me of the movie Memoirs of a Geisha, and a picture my professor showed the class from the Tale of Genji. I have also had the experience of thinking someone is attractive,...
  • Commented on Is Being Gay A Choice?
    I thought that this video was interesting. I found your story to be true to my opinion, meaning, I agree that being homosexual isn't necessarily a choice. Feelings are feelings whether one likes them or not. However, some people give...
  • Posted The Strange Situation to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    "The Strange Situation is a laboratory procedure for examining one-year-olds' reactions to separation from their attachment figures, usually their mothers." (pg. 386 in textbook) The process: (pg. 386) "First researchers place the infant in an unfamiliar room with his...
  • Posted No wonder why Dogs have such great hearing to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    By looking at the image above, as well as the title of this post, you may assume that the larger the dog's ears, the better their hearing is. This correlation has no relation, I chose this picture solely because...
  • Commented on Real life "Parent Trap"
    This is an interesting post. I, too, enjoyed The Parent Trap as a child. Agreeing with the comment above, I didn't think it was possible to occur in reality either. It seems far fetched in a way but after reading...
  • Commented on Is Being Human Nature or Nurture?
    I found this entry to be quite fascinating. Watching the YouTube clip definitely put your blog post into greater animation and I thank you for that. I find it bizarre that Oxana had to grow up living with dogs. The...
  • Posted Operant Conditioning: Superstitious Behavior to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    In chapter 6 the textbook briefly explains operant conditioning. Operant conditioning basically means learning controlled by the consequences of the organism's behavior. I am mainly focusing on superstitious behavior. Superstitious behavior means actions linked to reinforcement by sheer coincidence. Athletes...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from nann0016