truel010

• Commented on Go away please
    I completely agree with your post. I was very shy growing up, and I still do like to keep to myself although I have become more sociable. I put a lot of work into my friendships, and I love my...
  • Commented on Does Birth Order Matter?
    I think that characteristics associated with birth order are exaggerated. Other factors could easily play a role in personality traits of children. For example, older siblings may be more responsible and conscientious because in a large family, they are the...
  • Commented on "I'm sure that line 1 is the right answer, but everyone else is saying it's line 3... I'll go with 3"
    I found this experiment, and the corresponding videos shown in discussion interesting. It shows the power of numbers and the influence a group, as well as society, can have over one individual, even when the individual knows what they are...
  • Commented on You-Know-Who
    I love Harry Potter and my favorite field of psychology is personality so when I saw this entry, it instantly engaged my interest. I thought that this was a great assessment of Voldemort's personality traits. Fictitious characters, whether from books,...
  • Commented on Am I the Only One?
    I find this a very interesting topic and example. I learned in my American Red Cross course that the more people who are around when someone is in need of help, the less likely it is for someone to come...
  • Commented on College Admission Tests: What For?
    I thought the SATs and other college entrance exams only benefited the College Board, not the students. After reading the psychology chapter about Intelligence and IQ, I only believe more that these tests do not accurately test a person's true...
  • Posted Who We Are to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    What defines who we are? How do people develop their individual characteristics and what influences their behavior? Psychology and theatre has always been an interesting topic to me. I have always been intrigued in what influenced people's actions and...
  • Commented on To steal or not to steal
    I think there is a difficult line to draw. On one hand the man was desperate to get the medicine, but on the other hand what he did is against the law. There are other options that the man could...
  • Commented on Boredom Made Me a Lie Dector
    I realize that the NYTimes article is old, but here is another article from last year that discusses detecting liars and facial movements. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110718143532.htm...
    I think this is a very interesting post. Although I think that there are certain indicators that can cue people in that someone is lying, I think that people should not use physical gestures and verbal variations to decide if...
  • Commented on White, Skinny, and Big Eyed
    I thought this was a fascinating topic that our discussion sections discussed. I also agree that as the facial features of each individual were averaged, the more attractive the face appeared. But another interesting topic is the cultural side of...
  • Posted Aggression to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Aggression has always been a popular subject to portray in the media. From guys involved in fights to girls spreading rumors and excluding people, people have had a fascination with this issue. What interests me is the topic of...
  • Commented on Storm: A Risky Social Experiment?
    I think that the parents have a good intentions for Storm, but I also believe that raising a gender neutral child will only result in negative consequences. The child will be at risk of discrimination and abuse by other children...
  • Posted Little Albert...Found and in Poor Health to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    In one of the more famous experiments in psychology, J.B. Watson and Rosalie Rayner took a baby to disprove Freud's belief that phobia originated from the unconscious. Using a 9-month baby, they conditioned to fear what he once had...
  • Commented on Street Art
    I find this topic very interesting. How we perceive things with our minds and how our mind can "fill in" what seems to be the missing links. My question would be how looking at the image one way is perceived...
  • Commented on Street Art
  • Commented on Street Art
  • Commented on "Dancing in the Dark"
    The clip was entertaining, but I would consider it more for entertainment purposes than for educational learning. Nevertheless, it demonstrates that people are not aware of what they do while sleepwalking and that they can easily get into difficult situations....
  • Commented on A Possible Dangerous Influence
    I believe that Group Think plays a very influential role in every person's life. In a way I believe that society plays a similar role in that the media reports one thing and most people can be swayed to think...
  • Commented on Subtle Observations
    I think that this behavior has a lot to do with the notion that people have to follow the group and that they have to have encouragement to say what they think. A small smile or agreement encouraged others to...
  • Commented on Paranormal or Paranoia?
    After I read this article, I realized that the majority of younger audiences enjoy horror movies more than their younger counterparts. When horror flicks come out, it is almost always young teens and adults lined up to watch. The morality...
  • Posted OCD: The Face of Psychological Disorders? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    ADHD, OCD, insanity...between the media and the public, having a psychological disorder seems to be the next most popular fact in a person's life. Comedies and reality programs often take these serious topics and turn them into entertainment for...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from truel010