wilsx001

• Commented on Language and Human
    I have always been fascinated by languages too. It is kind of disappointing to think that we can never really fully learn a new language like a native speaker once we've passed a certain stage in our lives, but at...
  • Commented on How can you not?
    Totally agree. I'm constantly analyzing stuff according to these principles now. Maybe there's a reason they put them in the book like that? I was just thinking the same thing today. They must have really wanted us to get those...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous français? O Español? O Italiano? Oder Deutsch?
    Wow, that is so amazing! I remember wondering as a kid what it would be like to know a foreign language. I thought it was so weird that people could speak two totally different sounding languages without getting them confused....
  • Commented on The Devastating Effects of Alzheimer's Disease
    This is such an informative post. Great synopsis of AD! This is an issue that our generation is bound to become much more familiar with, as we are soon going to be caring for the aging baby boomer generation (see...
  • Commented on Nike's Reconstruction of Tiger's Image
    I think it's so sad that people are so quick to jump on the boat and judge celebrities, just because they are easy targets. Certainly what tiger did was not right, but who are we to judge him. We would...
  • Commented on Storm: A Risky Social Experiment?
    This is such an interesting, and probably, heated topic as well. I think that there are clearly biological differences between the sexes. Rather than ignoring them and viewing them as negative, we should embrace them. Refusing to let Storm know...
  • Commented on Difference in Perception of Beauty
    This is such an interesting topic. We often assume that beauty is objective, but as the old saying says, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I have often heard people say that they prefer a certain "race" over...
  • Commented on Charlie Bit my Finger- What makes an Online Video go viral?
    This is something that I never really thought about. I think one element to think about is that these videos maybe become popular because they have gotten so many views and shares. Perhaps the more highly ranked and watched a...
  • Commented on Bystander Effect-Hello? Somebody help me!!!
    Wow! This is such a great video! The bystander effect is such an intriguing principle. It can also be an empowering lesson to learn, and something that we need to teach others as well. We are so prone to sit...
  • Commented on Does Birth Order Matter?
    I think birth order is one of a host of factors, both genetic and environmental, that contributes to our personalities. To a large extent I can see many of the birth order traits in my own family, but it's not...
  • Commented on College Admission Tests: What For?
    I never really understood all the hullabaloo about standardized tests. I come from a very rural area, and I wasn't aware of many of the traditional things people do for college prep. I took my ACT in the last month...
  • Commented on "I'm sure that line 1 is the right answer, but everyone else is saying it's line 3... I'll go with 3"
    I found this principle to be quite interesting as well. We often fall prey to it so many times in our daily lives without realizing it. I noticed myself "conforming" yesterday as I was playing cribbage with a friend. After...
  • Commented on Twin Telepathy?
    Interesting post. I have seen this video as well, and really get a kick out of it. I am a twin myself, and my twin and I have often been asked if we have a secret language. As far as...
  • Commented on Suggestive memory technique...on your high school villain.
    Awesome story! I think you might be right in saying that it's suggestive memory, but I would say that there might also be a possibility that he wasn't actually "remembering" a false memory. He might have instead been pretending as...
  • Commented on Is sugar a drug?
    Great post! Such an important issue in our society today. I am amazed at how much sugar we Americans consume. Like you said, we can build up a tolerance to sugar. I have some Asian friends who find even the...
  • Commented on No wonder why Dogs have such great hearing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvt3zeO9PUY Here is a nonHTML version of the tag. Sorry the first one didn't work....
    This was a great post with lots of great info about hearing. It is pretty cool how dogs can hear all those high frequencies that we are unable to. It must serve a great purpose in finding and tracking prey....
  • Commented on Football, Worth it or not?
    Wow! This is a great article with tons of relevant information from a variety of sources. This is an important issue that needs to be addressed in our society. Clearly our culture places a high emphasis on football. Being from...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from wilsx001