basn0013

• Commented on Decoding the World Around Us
    Interesting. One thing that I find really interesting is, considering how young science is, how much it already seems to support the concept of intelligent design. I'm a Christian myself, so I could be falling into a confirmation bias here,...
  • Commented on IQ Testing
    Agreed. I found the whole concept of IQ fascinating. I think it's a bit of a stretch, at least by today's understanding of the brain to think that we can boil down the entirety of a brain's functioning power into...
  • Commented on Snow Globed World
    It's really interesting to hear about what different cultures believe. It makes me wonder what people 100 years from now will say about the things that the scientific community believes, like the Big Bang and String Theory. As I've grown...
  • Commented on What's Wrong With Red Ink?
    Interesting... I remember thinking that was really interesting when we learned about this in Management class. Not only is this really interesting, but it's also of critical importance, especially in our hyper-connected world today. I'm hoping to work overseas for...
  • Commented on Mind the Jackelopes
    I completely agree. I think people tend to accept what an authority says blindly instead of questioning it. I think it's really valuable to be able to intelligently question whether correlation means causation. It's also important to be able to...
  • Commented on How can you not?
    Agreed. Every time I read a study now, I always catch myself asking if there's a simpler explanation than the one that the researchers concluded, and whether or not the results were just a correlation or actual causation. Well done,...
  • Commented on What Does Your Personality Say About You?
    I thought this was really interesting as well. I think that the circumstances surrounding us when we took the personality tests may have changed the outcome to a degree, but I agree with you in that our basic personality is...
  • Commented on Classical Conditioning
    I completely agree. I think that classical conditioning will probably be the thing I'm most likely to retain and use in everyday life. I'm looking forward to trying it out on my dog, and maybe my brother. Hahaha...
  • Commented on Mental Disorder in My Future
    First off, I like your tastes in music. Anything the Stones made is a classic. I completely agree though. I was always a bit uncomfortable in interactions with people who had disorders, and I think the information gained in this...
  • Posted Pet Training and Me to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    I'll be completely honest. In 5 years, I can guarantee with nearly 100% certainty that I will have forgotten about B.F. Skinner, Sigmund Freud, Jean Piaget, and Ivan Pavlov. Chances are pretty good that I'll have forgotten much of the...
  • Commented on The Big Fat Middle Finger
    I think you're giving other fields of science way too much credit here. Granted, psychologists have a lot of differences in opinion, but they're far from the only field where people disagree. Look at economics for example. Every 4/8 years...
  • Commented on Intelligence > Media
    I agree that there are definite differences between how the media portrays intelligence, and what intelligence actually is. However, I didn't think that "The Rainman" made Dustin Hoffman's condition out to be good. I think that the writers wanted to...
  • Commented on Who said I'm not intelligent?
    It's good that you take school seriously, and break the "dumb blonde" stereotype. However, studying for tests and doing well in school doesn't make you intelligent, and neither does doing well on tests. Intelligence is how well you learn and...
  • Commented on Storm: A Risky Social Experiment?
    Yikes. I think this is a disaster waiting to happen, and I feel bad for Storm. I understand the parents' point, but there is a biological reason why we have societal expectations. Gender roles exist to help a male or...
  • Commented on Real Life Good Will Hunting? The Chris Langan Story
    I think this is a really interesting point. Western society places a lot of emphasis on material possession, and we tend to have pretty convoluted priorities when it comes to what we want to accomplish out of life. Sometimes the...
  • Commented on Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?
    I completely agree. Studies have shown that humans are far from the only members of the animal kingdom that have homosexual members. Even animals like birds and fish have been known to display homosexual behavior. Besides that, even if it...
  • Commented on Does Birth Order Matter?
    Interesting... I'm the oldest child in my family, and I never really realized it before but many of my friends are also the oldest kids in their families as well. I think that with studies like this, people have a...
  • Posted IQ isn't Limitless to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Essentially ever since its inception, the study of IQ has fascinated social culture. The audacity of the very concept of IQ; the idea that you can boil down every facet of human intelligence into one number (hopefully a 3-digit one),...
  • Commented on False Memories (Shutter island)
    This is definitely one of the best psychological thrillers I've ever seen. Either Shutter Island or Fight Club. At any rate, I kept thinking about Paul Ingram's case as well. It's really pretty humbling to think that our memories may...
  • Commented on I Want It To Be For Love . . . It Is My First Time.
    Wow... It's kind of interesting to see how differently ads are received in different cultures. Obviously, a commercial like this would never be aired on American television, but I always think that ads give insight into how different cultures view...
  • Commented on Do You Know Who You Are?
    Good call on the movie. One of my all-time favorites. Honestly, when I was reading the part of the book about amnesia, I kept comparing it to Bourne. I'd be really interested to find out how accurate the flashback experience...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous français? O Español? O Italiano? Oder Deutsch?
    Wow, that's incredible. I'm betting that being fluent in 68 languages would probably require a biological difference between Krebs's brain and the average joe's, but Krebs obviously put a lot of work into knowing all of those languages. I had...
  • Posted Don't Wake up in a Roadside Ditch to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Don't Wake up in a roadside ditch Throughout the course of the Super Bowl, one thing that both avid football fans and those lesser in tune to America's game look forward to the commercials. In recent years, the Super Bowl...
  • Posted to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
  • Posted Chapter 3 to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Chapter 3 is essentially an overview of the biological aspect of psychology. It discusses synapses, neurons, and basically just discusses the chemistry of the brain, as well as the brain's cellular composition. It discusses the brain's various lobes and cortexes,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from basn0013