beut0025

• Commented on What were they thinking?
    Good post. I think Kohlberg's theory provides an adequate answer as to why people could act the way they do but is doesn't touch all the bases. Maybe personality or the environment people were raised in play a part but...
  • Commented on Doctor I need two CCs of touching!
    The baby monkey experiment, I found, was one of the more interesting psychology studies that we learned about this semester. I also like what style014 said about the comfy mother being preferred because of what it could provide in the...
  • Commented on What is Emotional Intelligence?
    I think emotional intelligence is very important in the workplace because it will help you get along with others better than having a high IQ will. Emotional intelligence helps build stronger relationships in my opinion because you will be better...
  • Commented on There Might Be A Reason those TV Characters Seem so Familiar
    I liked this post because I took a class last semester about pop culture and media and one of our lectures dealt with archetypes that were present in movies, television shows and books. We had to read an article about...
  • Commented on Am I the Only One?
    This post made me think of an ABC news production that I think was called "What would you do?". It tests this bystander effect out in the real world because it wants to see how people will react to certain...
  • Commented on Street Art
    These sidewalk drawings are amazing! When looking at it head on and from the right angle it is crazy how it messes with depth perception. I always try to figure out what the artist did on a certain square to...
  • Commented on Don't Wake up in a Roadside Ditch
    These commercials are really funny and also make me think of the Mayhem commercials because those are a correlation vs causation example. If you don't have All-State you are going to have to pay through the nose when a texting,...
  • Commented on I Want It To Be For Love . . . It Is My First Time.
    I was intrigued by your title and I think this was a creative way for Putin to try and encourage younger people to vote. I also agree that there is a big difference between what the US sees as acceptable...
  • Commented on Do You Know Who You Are?
    Not only are the Borne movies great examples of amnesia but other movies like 50 First Dates, which deals with short term memory loss or even Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind which deals with trying to give people amnesia...
  • Commented on Ink My Whole Body?
    I've always heard about how tattoos are painful and I've wondered how people can sit for hours while half their body gets inked. I always hear that after some time the pain dulls and just gets annoying, even if its...
  • Commented on How Should I Greet You?
    I remember the first time I took a trip to France for school and I was so nervous about meeting my host family because we had all been told about the "bise" (the kiss on the cheek). On the train...
  • Commented on Hypnosis: Treatment or Entertainment?
    I remember when we had a hypnosis show for our senior graduation party in high school and the last thing I wanted was to be chosen, so I didn't listen to what the hypnotist was saying. I am still on...
  • Commented on Where Does Personality Derive From?
    I really liked this post, especially the connection you made to the Lord of the Flies. Like you, I think that both nature and nurture have an influence on our behavior. I just wonder if our personalities will influence how...
  • Posted 'Cause you got, personality! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Lately while at work, our radio station has been set to the sounds of the late 50's and early 60's. As I go about my job, I often find myself humming along to songs from The Temptations or The Supremes...
  • Commented on Why you don't want to marry a "Mr. Darcy".
    I agree with you that having one characteristic over another doesn't make you better and I in no way meant for my post to seem like certain qualities are superior than others. I agree with your points but for the...
  • Posted Why you don't want to marry a "Mr. Darcy". to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Off all the classic literature that is available, most of the population has come into contact with Pride and Prejudice. It could have been through the book, the BBC's six hour long television special with Colin Firth or the...
  • Commented on The Strange Situation
    I was a babysitter all throughout middle school and high school and it was always the worst when the kids started crying. I always felt bad because they missed their parents and they were stuck with me so they would...
  • Commented on Boredom Made Me a Lie Dector
    This article was really informative and it reminded me of a television show that drew on this same concept. The show is called "Lie to Me" and the plot revolves around a man who reads facial features for the cops...
  • Commented on Dating the Guy sitting next to you in class?
    I think that proximity plays a big part in couples getting together, even if it only presents you with a potential boyfriend/girlfriend. Once you start talking to the person and getting to know them your chance of starting a relationship...
  • Commented on Real Life Good Will Hunting? The Chris Langan Story
    Chris Langan reminds me of one of my cousins. He has a really high IQ yet he works as a repo man in Minneapolis and plays in a metal band. Perhaps Mr. Langan preferred a labor intensive job because it...
  • Commented on Storm: A Risky Social Experiment?
    I think this is a tricky situation. I'm all for letting your child figure out who they are but what's going to happen when they get older? I think if Storm identifies with one gender but is the other that...
  • Commented on The Devastating Effects of Alzheimer's Disease
    My grandmother has AD and it is true that the drugs nowadays help slow it down. My family and I see a marked difference in my grandmother and her memory from when she wasn't taking medicine to now, when she...
  • Posted Parlez-vous français? O Español? O Italiano? Oder Deutsch? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    We are required as college students to learn a second language during our short period of time here at the U and the choices are limitless. Many of us take the 4 required semesters and then we stop and...
  • Posted Professor say what?? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    So you are sitting in your 8am class surrounded by other students. You're kind of tired and you didn't do the reading last night because you were too busy catching up on your Netflix queue. Your professor keeps talking and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from beut0025