foust016

• Commented on Sleep Is Hard like a Old Bagel
    Clever title brought me to this blog so props for that. I have never had a problem going to sleep so this part of the book really opened my eyes to the struggles that some people deal with every night....
  • Commented on Tip-Of-The-Tongue Phenomenon
    I definitely experience the tip of the tongue phenomenon multiple times a week and it can be so frustrating at times. The weird thing about it is how you can picture what you are trying to say but can't think...
  • Commented on Are you "YOU" because of the environment you lived in?
    I believe that who we are is a combination of both where we grew up and the genes that we have. Both can influence who we are as a person and people argue about which is more influential. Twin studies...
  • Commented on Professor say what??
    This has definitely happened to me more than once and it is quite embarrassing. This is simply another case where psych completely related to my life in a way I never knew it could and I found it very interesting....
  • Commented on Ink My Whole Body?
    Well first off, I came to this blog knowing the lyrics because Wiz is a boss. But I thought it was crazy to get that many tattoos before I read this. I didn't realize that tattoos actually fell into the...
  • Commented on Ken Jennings or Albert Einstein?
    You have to go with Einstein I think. Ken Jennings can recall lots of facts but I feel like Albert pretty much pioneered so much in the math and physics field. He put in so much time and has to...
  • Commented on Real life "Parent Trap"
    Really cool blog. I loved this movie as a kid and I had no idea that there was a real case of the "parent trap." It's pretty mind blowing that they had a lot of things in common even though...
  • Commented on Sex, Penis, and Vagina
    Damnit Colton, the title forced me to check this out. That's pretty funny that your high school teacher used that to get people's attention, I'm sure it worked. Ill have to try that trick sometime....
  • Commented on Alzheimer's dise...wait what was i talking about
    Both of my grandpas had Alzheimer's disease before they passed and so I too have seen the effects. It gradually got worse over the years. Recent research has attributed some causes of the disease to Sleep Apnia which has been...
  • Commented on Nike's Reconstruction of Tiger's Image
    I am also an avid golfer/follower of the sport and the Tiger Woods scandal was a shock to me. It is good to see how Nike realizes that they could save their sales by using classical conditioning. I have really...
  • Commented on Mariah Carey is my Biological Mother!
    This story is really funny and I think it is super interesting that you were able to manufacture that memory. I have never done this exact thing myself but I find myself having deja vu all the time which is...
  • Commented on Neurotic Men
    This post makes me laugh because I have a friend who attempts to be like Roger and it makes for good laughs daily. The funny situations tend to occur when he tries to approach an introverted girl. It is kind...
  • Commented on Go away please
    I'm the complete opposite of an introvert and always have been an outgoing person. However, the personality lectures really allowed me to see how other people are different and help me interact with them in the future. It gave me...
  • Commented on Let's Get Down to Studying
    I was also glad that the Psych 1001 class showed us study techniques that would help us prepare for exams. The thing I found most helpful was the technique of studying over the course of the month rather than cramming...
  • Commented on The Genetics behind Homosexuality
    I agree that homosexuality is a mix of both genetic and environmental factors. This issue is always a hot topic so I won't go into my beliefs on it. What I will say however, is that I am glad that...
  • Commented on Will you be a Victim of the Bystander Effect?
    This is really interesting because I feel that all of us has encountered this situation at least once in our lives. It is kind of funny that we all realize that we should have done something after the event has...
  • Commented on Relationships: A Useful Tip From Psychology
    I felt like the information on relationships in general could be sort of helpful going forward. What you said about the cultural is really interesting. It is cool how all emotions can be broken down into seven that are similar...
  • Commented on Using the Scientific Thinking Principles
    ^Yes to both the original blog and the first comment. I definitely agree that I find myself actually applying the principles to things sometimes and they can be helpful. It is weird to think how dumb they seemed at the...
  • Commented on Using Psychology Moving Forward
    I totally agree with you. I wouldn't say that this class is my favorite or anything but it did turn out to be much more intriguing than I had initially thought it would. It relates so much to life every...
  • Commented on The Scientific Method
    I definitely agree that these were some of the most important things in the class. I actually wrote my blog on the same thing. The fact that they kept being enforced throughout the semester really made me remember them and...
  • Posted How can you not? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    It was stated in our book that if you are exposed to something many times, we are more likely to remember that thing. This being said, the thing I will remember most about psychology from this class are those damn...
  • Posted What's Wrong With Red Ink? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    A nice pen? Maybe just a card. These days, it has become common custom to present business partners with a gift after a deal. However, that is where the similarities seem to end, as what gifts to give varies greatly...
  • Posted Football, Worth it or not? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    As an average Midwestern American kid, I grew up around football my whole life. The Super Bowl this past weekend proves its significance in our culture.That being said, I still don't recognize the names Andre Waters, Dave Duersons, or...
  • Posted Chapter 15- Psychological Disorders to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    The amount of known mental disorders grows yearly and the amount of medicines and treatments to solve or dissipate the effects of them grows even faster. Public perceptions and treatment of people with these disorders has changed greatly as society...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from foust016