hart1065

• Commented on How can you not?
    I don't ever remember using these in my life, but I do remember hearing about them. They are annoyingly smushed into my head, because they have been repeated a million and one times....
  • Commented on Snow Globed World
    I feel like naive realism is viewed very similarly throughout cultures. My grandparents aren't immigrants, and they viewed the world differently than I do. I think you can view things however you want. Mind over matter....
  • Commented on Remembering to Remember
    The fact that we need to make things meaningful in order to remember them baffles me. I think we remember things that aren't necessarily meaningful, but just not for a long period of time. I hope I can remember some...
  • Commented on What's Wrong With Red Ink?
    I use red ink almost everyday in my life. I have never thought about the meanings of using a red pen to write a letter. If I ever want to have a pen pal in China, now I know not...
  • Commented on Psychology & Me
    Those pesky heuristics can really get you! I also commit them regularly. I really think everyone should be more aware of this concept, because they seem mega important to everyone in their everyday lives. We need to look underneath the...
  • Commented on Mind the Jackelopes
    Your picture really caught my attention but anyways your topic also caught my attention! it is very important to be mindful of heuristics and confirmation bias along with other things that allow us to be gullible. I know I sometimes...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous français? O Español? O Italiano? Oder Deutsch?
    The title of this post really caught my attention, and to be completely honest I had no idea what I was about to read, aside for it somehow relating to a foreign language. Throughout the semester I have always found...
  • Commented on Nike's Reconstruction of Tiger's Image
    This commercial does a great job of showing classical conditioning. It makes it really easy for you to forget what Tiger did just a little while ago. I feel that this video did a nice job of being able to...
  • Commented on A Cure for Discrimination?
    Let me start off by saying I really enjoy the photo. Anyways, this is really easy to relate back to lectures and things that have been discussed in the book and discussion Stereotypes can sometimes ruin peoples perspectives of an...
  • Commented on College Admission Tests: What For?
    I really don't feel that these test are an accurate measurement of intelligence or success rates because people strive in different areas of life. People who may not have the intelligence while taking a test may have really good people...
  • Posted The Best of Psychology to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    It goes without saying that Psychology 1001 caught me off guard with the amount of work that I would be doing. The countless hours that needed to be read to understand what was going on in the class room,...
  • Commented on Charlie Bit my Finger- What makes an Online Video go viral?
    I really enjoyed this post because i have always found it very interesting to go onto popular sites like youtube and see how many views different videos have gotten. Charlie Bit My Finger has been seen by so many different...
  • Commented on Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?
    I am a strong believer that sexual orientation has a lot to do with genetics. A lot of people do not one day decide they wish to be homosexual, it is not a choice, i feel it is more of...
  • Commented on Boredom Made Me a Lie Dector
    Its always interesting to hear what people have to say about lying, and how they determine if someone is lying or not. May it be by different social gestures or social cues. Whether or not these gestures and cues are...
  • Commented on The Strange Situation
    I love children, I find them to be absolutely adorable but I feel as though as soon as they start crying a piece of their adorableness is lost. Not only do I begin to feel like the reason the child...
  • Posted Who said I'm not intelligent? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    All throughout high school many people have thought of me as being the stereotypical "dumb blonde" even though test scores, class participation, and other aspects of a good grade did not show otherwise. In actuality, I worked really hard, and...
  • Commented on Doctor I need two CCs of touching!
    It amazes me how many different factors go into survival that often wouldn't be thought of. The common factors, food, water, and sleep are something I have always associated with survival but not the comfort of touching and affection. Having...
  • Commented on Divorce? It may not be as bad as you think.
    This is a very interesting topic because a lot of people do believe that divorce leads to a negative impact on children. Usually one would think that the more problems throughout the divorce would lead to some kind of psychological...
  • Commented on Twin Telepathy?
    This video is absolutely adorable. It's so interesting to see how twins seem to communicate in their own way, understanding each other primarily through emotional expressions. My best friends are twins and watching them communicate is absolutely hilarious because they...
  • Commented on Do You Know Who You Are?
    The Bourne movies have always been personal favorites of mine but I never really watched too closely to see beyond the action. Hollywood always likes to make their movies to the extreme so seeing the video clip and being familiar...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's dise...wait what was i talking about
    My Grandmother is suffering from Alzheimer's, it is amazing the difference that has happened between how is she now and how she use to be. Often times when my family visits her we have to repeat ourselves many times on...
  • Commented on The Psychology of Social-network Sites
    This is a very interesting blog comment. It really makes you think of what is being posted on Facebook and why people are posting these things. I feel like a lot of people think that what they have to share...
  • Posted Human Meat to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    I found this advertisement to be particularly interesting. Instead of the advertiser trying to sell the product, the advertiser is instead trying to make the onlooker not buy the product, meat. By comparing a human to an animal the...
  • Commented on Subtle Observations
    There is no doubt that a kind gesture from a stranger on a bad day can turn your day around. Sometimes a good laugh with a friend makes you realize there are more things to smile about than to frown...
  • Commented on Paranormal or Paranoia?
    I am one of those people who has a strong fear of death, not dying of old age but dying before I am ready and leaving everything this world has to offer. I cannot say I belive in ghosts but...
  • Commented on Exercise? How Much?
    For me personally, exercise is something that I do not do a lot of. I know how important it is to live a healthy lifestyle and that I should exercise more than I do. When I first began my freshman...
  • Posted Watch for the Warning Signs of Pseudoscience to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Have you ever heard an advertisement on the radio that sounds reliable, that their product will actually work, but in reality the company just knows the scientific terminology to sell products? This is something that can be referred to as...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from hart1065