kayfe006

• Commented on Baby Brains
    I think it's amazing as well how infants aren't able to do some of the everyday tasks that we would consider simple and not necessarily even think about when we perform such tasks. I thought depth perception was an interesting...
  • Commented on Will you be a Victim of the Bystander Effect?
    I agree with you on the bystander effect being the topic that stands out the most. That is an interesting story of your dad and how he didn't get up to help until after he realized others weren't. In some...
  • Posted Bystander no more! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    My last blog was also about the bystander effect and how it amazes me that people witnessing an emergency or what not, especially when in a big group, are actually less likely to help the person in the possibly...
  • Commented on The Bigger The Better
    I as well cannot believe that such a practice is occurring in Mauritania, let alone any where. It is crazy that they belief wealth is demonstrated through weight and in this case an excess of. Can't they just buy expensive...
  • Commented on College Admission Tests: What For?
    I agree with you, these standardized tests that are supposedly designed to measure our success in the future don't seem very reliable. Also with these tests having below a .5 correlation doesn't deem them to be predictors of a person's...
  • Posted Bystander Effect-Hello? Somebody help me!!! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    It's unbelievable to me how people can just stand nearby and watch others suffer, whether it is from a sudden body reaction such as a heart attack or from physical abuse they are witnessing, like rape. According to the...
  • Commented on Charlie Bit my Finger- What makes an Online Video go viral?
    The whole "we don't want to share facts, we want to share feelings" concept seems very true, at least for what I have witnessed in my life. If I feel strongly about viewing something whether I become happy, sad, angry,...
  • Commented on The Hunger Games
    I believe, like all concepts we have learned in psychology and with all concepts in general, we have to take other circumstances into consideration. For violent movies, such as the Hunger Games, it's not just the movie itself that could...
  • Commented on Harmful Ideals
    I find this quite interesting that a woman's beauty is decided on her rather large body. It's not right to force feed these women, clearly they are getting enough food. The excess food should go to the less fortunate. I...
  • Commented on Is Being Gay A Choice?
    I think it's wrong to say that being gay is a choice. Nobody has the ability to choose their sexual orientation they are born with, but at least the world is slowly starting to recognize this and make a change....
  • Commented on The glucostatic theory is real!
    Wow, I find your experience interesting! I'm guessing that you are talking from experience as a diabetic? I knew that people with diabetes have low levels and sugar and need to have some sort of sugary food at hand in...
  • Commented on Boredom Made Me a Lie Dector
    I think the article you stumbled upon is somewhat interesting, but at the same time I don't know how reliable those gestures or nonverbal behaviors are when it comes to detect a liar. I think a lot of these behaviors...
  • Commented on Doctor I need two CCs of touching!
    I found this interesting when I read it in the text, but I kind of wasn't that surprised either. Yes, food is essential to survival, but I think initially all we really want, especially when we are younger, is that...
  • Commented on Addison in the Preoperational Stage with Ice Cream
    I think this is quite adorable, but also fascinating at the same time. Your little experiment with your sister really does demonstrate her ability to only think so far out of the box or as you mentioned, the preoperational stage....
  • Commented on Do You Know Who You Are?
    I think that would be quite depressing to wake up one day and not really have a recollection of who you are, but of course Hollywood does like to, as you said, dramatize their films, makes it more entertaining of...
  • Commented on Twin Telepathy?
    I have seen this video before and loved it! I thought it was adorable how the two twin boys seemed to have their own language for communication, but at the same time we need to consider other factors too, like...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous français? O Español? O Italiano? Oder Deutsch?
    Wow, he can speak in 68 other languages?! Is that even possible?! I wonder if he could actually speak fluently in all 68 languages or if it was more like he could speak fluently in two or three languages and...
  • Commented on Do they really work?
    I have had quite a few friends take these drugs when it comes to studying for a big exam or them needing to be very focused on a task. I have always wondered if they really do make a difference...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's dise...wait what was i talking about
    I too have seen the effects of Alzheimer's in action. I used to volunteer at a nursing home on the Alzheimer's unit and would assist the patients. The range of patients was from about 45 to 80, so it's crazy...
  • Posted Bilingualism- Advantageous or no? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Are you one of the many in our world that speaks two languages, better known as bilingualism, or furthermore are you a polygot and speak multiple languages? It turns out that over 75 percent of Americans claim to be...
  • Commented on Did you have to learn who you are?
    I think this is strange, but fascinating. It's strange that we don't recognize ourselves until one to two years into our life, but fascinating as to how quickly we learn once we do finally recognize or become aware of ourselves....
  • Commented on The Psychology of Social-network Sites
    I find this quite interesting. I do notice that people say things on social sites that they wouldn't normally say in person, but I don't agree that it is all stupid or "dumb" information. Sometimes what people put as their...
  • Commented on A Possible Dangerous Influence
    First off, I love Law and Order Special Victims Unit, best night is Tuesdays for Law and Order SVU marathons! Anyways I think group think plays a big part in people's lives, especially teenagers who make a lot of their...
  • Commented on "Dancing in the Dark"
    I have to say I did find that video clip quite entertaining, but I don't think people are that lively when sleep walking! I do find sleep walking very interesting, why do we do such a thing and why is...
  • Commented on Dreams: A figment of the imagination or a visual pathway into the future?
    I have also had some strange dreams that end up playing a reality a day or two later in my life, but not everything I dream becomes reality, thank goodness. I think it's quite strange how some of the things...
  • Commented on Real life "Parent Trap"
    I agree with you on this that both nature and nurture play an equal role in one's upbringing/life. By reading your article its obvious that the two 35 year old twins have common interests that are most likely due to...
  • Commented on Can Our Religious Faith Be Found in a Gene?
    I think this would tie in with the nature vs. nurture debate of whether religion plays a part in genes or environment. I don't have any proof of my claims, but I think that one's environment has a big influence...
  • Commented on Is modern medicine better than the traditional medicine?
    I think that modern medicine is great, for it's what I am most familiar with and seems to be making improvements each year. I do wonder how people in the past survived without such medicine and if our medicine is...
  • Commented on Exercise? How Much?
    I myself exercise frequently being an athlete here at the University, but even if I wasn't I would still choose to work out six to seven days a week. For me it just makes a huge difference in how my...
  • Commented on Nature or Nurture? Maybe It's Both.
    After reading about the nature vs. nurture claims in our text and testing the hypotheses from the Boyle family, I still feel that both nature and nurture play great roles in influencing each person's life as they grow up. We...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kayfe006