lunde308

• Commented on How can you not?
    I agree with this post. The thinking principles were very annoying to have to learn about over and over again. However, when I took the final, I was asked three different questions about them and I was glad that I...
  • Commented on Psychology & Me
    This is an interesting post. These heuristics are important and I agree that people should use them more often. I had forgotten about this concept of psychology and how important they really are....
  • Commented on Pet Training and Me
    This is a really interesting post. My family also have dogs and it has been difficult to train them to do things that we want them to do. I agree that my family and myself have not been completely consistent...
  • Posted Will you be a Victim of the Bystander Effect? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Out of all the things that I have learned in psychology this year, the topic that stands out the most for me is the bystander effect. This means that when there is an public emergency situation, people often find...
  • Commented on The Hunger Games
    This is an interesting post. I think that it was good for the movie to have "fake violence" in it. The majority of the audience for these books were pre-teens so I think it is important that it stay rated...
  • Commented on Why you don't want to marry a "Mr. Darcy".
    This was really interesting to read. I think this is a really good example of using the big 5 traits. I had never thought of Mr. Darcy in this way, and I think you did a good job of incorporating...
  • Posted Does Birth Order Matter? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Is it true that in large families the latter born children are less intelligent? Many studies have suggested birth order can affect a person's personality, however is this a valid statement? Studies suggest that first born children are more...
  • Commented on peek a boo
    I also had never realized why children loved playing peek-a-boo so much until after reading this chapter. It is interesting that children truly believe that once you hide behind your hands that your face has vanished. It is also interesting...
  • Commented on People detecting lies
    I thought it was interesting that some people are put in jail because the jury may believe they are lying under oath, when in fact they may be telling the truth after all. I had never thought of this before....
  • Commented on Storm: A Risky Social Experiment?
    I personally think that the child will probably be quite confused when he starts going to school. Many children of the same gender (especially in the younger years) play with the same toys etc. He could be a victim of...
  • Commented on Who has the best parents!
    I agree with you that the authoritarian parenting style is the best way to teach children. My parents were also quite authoritarian where they had rules for me, but they still let me do things that were reasonable. Good post!...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous français? O Español? O Italiano? Oder Deutsch?
    This is a really interesting post. I could not imagine knowing 68 languages. I think it is really hard to even learn one language, let alone 68. I never even knew it was possible for someone to learn that many...
  • Commented on Mariah Carey is my Biological Mother!
    This is a really interesting example of creating false memories. I still think that it is crazy that people can create false memories and that we believe they are 100% correct when they are actually not real at all....
  • Posted Dolphin Language to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Have you ever wondered if animals can talk to each other? There is also the question of whether this communication can be considered language or not. An aquarium in Hawaii decided to see if they really can talk to...
  • Commented on Bigfoot, UFOS, Ghosts, and God?
    This is an interesting topic. I have never really had much interest in discussing whether Big Foot is real or not because I have never believed in Big Foot. I understand why some people believe in Big Foot because of...
  • Commented on Street Art
    I have never heard of these chalk drawings until this year in Psychology and I find them so interesting. It is so interesting that a drawing on the sidewalk can look so incredibly real from one angle and look like...
  • Commented on No wonder why Dogs have such great hearing
    This is really interesting! At my house, we also have a dog that is obsessed with my mom. He does the same thing where he will lay at the back door and wait for her to come home. Also, whenever...
  • Commented on Animal Training- Air Bud
    This is really interesting! I guess I never thought about how the dog could play basketball. It is really interesting that through clicker training, someone could teach a dog how to play basketball. Great post!...
  • Commented on Where Does Personality Derive From?
    I think it was a good idea to compare the "Lord of the Flies" book with this debate. I also believe that the environment as well as our genes play a part in how we develop as individuals. The picture...
  • Commented on Is Being Human Nature or Nurture?
    I found this very interesting as well. I think that she is technically a human being, but she is not the way most of us perceive humans beings. I think it is interesting because in the video she seems to...
  • Posted Chapter 12: How to Cope with Stress to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    It is important to see that there are many different ways to cope with stress because different coping methods do not work the same for different people. One way to cope with stress is by using social support. Social support...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lunde308