luthe055

• Commented on Using Psychology Moving Forward
    I agree with you 100%! I felt the same way when i started this course, I just wanted to get over with as easily and painlessly as possible. But then I realized that I was going to have to read...
  • Commented on Language and Human
    I absolutely love the concept of language. I don't know why but I have always been fascinated with it. I think it is so amazing that we can learn to communicate and share culture with other people from around the...
  • Commented on How can you not?
    I definitely agree with this! Every time I read the book I end up asking myself those taunting questions over to myself "could this study be replicated? is there a simpler answer to fit this situation?" etc. but yes, definitely...
  • Commented on What's Wrong With Red Ink?
    Very interesting. I never knew that writing in red could offend someone so much! Wow. I also think things like these are just another example of how we need to be culturally sensitive in the diverse world that we live...
  • Posted Classical Conditioning to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Nearing the end of Psychology 1001, I am almost shocked that I made it through the thick textbook, never ending exams, blog posts, weekly quizzes and lab discussions in one piece. There have definitely been some times or 'aha' moments...
  • Commented on The glucostatic theory is real!
    This is very interesting. I personally am not a diabetic but i have learned about about being a diabetic/diabetes in general in my health classes. I agree that this is very real! Lots of good points brought up in your...
  • Commented on Nourishment or Touch?
    this is very interesting! I beleive that both nourishment and touch play a huge role in comforting babies. The monkey experiment was a great example as well. The bond between infants and their mothers requires lots of both, but i...
  • Commented on Charlie Bit my Finger- What makes an Online Video go viral?
    I agree with your statement that videos going viral is very much due in part to the amount of emotions that the video encompasses. This is a very interesting point, that I have never thought about before. If we find...
  • Commented on Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?
    I like the graph that you put up on here :) I agree with you 100% that one's sexuality is not a choice and the notion that it is is absolutely absurd. Maybe most people on here feel strongly in...
  • Posted The Hunger Games to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    The release of the new movie The Hunger Games has been highly anticipated by children, teens and adults around the world this past week. Based on the inspiring novel by Suzanne Collins, it is predicted to be almost as popular...
  • Commented on Storm: A Risky Social Experiment?
    I believe that it is very unfortunate that gender plays such a huge role in society and wish that it didn't. I think that the parents have the best of intentions and in that sense, i think that they should...
  • Commented on Is Being Gay A Choice?
    wow, the number 47% or half of all americans statistic that you used here is shocking to me. I have had many experiences similar to yours, and i know first hand also that the sexual orientation of a person absolutely...
  • Commented on Harmful Ideals
    Looking from a culturally 'neutral' standpoint, it is very interesting to see why/how these ideals may have become the norm in this society. The idea of female fertility has been a huge factor since the beginning of time, being that...
  • Posted The Hunger Games to The Hunger Games
  • Commented on False Memories (Shutter island)
    When we learned about the concept of false memories i never even thought to relate it to Shutter Island. Great choice, I think it is a great example of how someone can literally become convinced that they did something when...
  • Commented on Do You Know Who You Are?
    This movie is a perfect example of hollywood's 'intensified' take on someone living with a mental disorder, in this case, amnesia. This movie is one of my all time favorites and I believe it is an interesting way of viewing...
  • Commented on Bilingualism- Advantageous or no?
    I think that in our society today, being fluent in two or more languages will always be a positive thing. I found it interesting that you listed some 'disadvantages' to being bilingual in your post. In my opinion, they are...
  • Commented on The Psychology of Social-network Sites
    I find the findings regarding the online disinhibition effect particularly interesting. I agree to the fact that social networking sites do take away the fears of being confrontational, saying things you may not say to someone's face, etc., yet is...
  • Commented on Is modern medicine better than the traditional medicine?
    Modern Medicine would not be what it is today if it weren't for the history of medicine and traditional medicine. As humans, we have learned over time how to best treat diseases and illnesses. Without the historical traditions in medicine...
  • Commented on Can Our Religious Faith Be Found in a Gene?
    This concept is very interesting to me as I have had first hand experience with it myself. I grew up going to church and catholic school, yet only because my parents influenced me to do so. When i was in...
  • Posted Nature vs. Nurture: Criminal Behavior to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Are you more inclined to commit a crime if it's pre-hardwired in your genes to do so? A recently released research paper by criminologist, J.C. Barnes (Ph.D) suggests that your genes do in fact play a role in whether...
  • Posted How has your personality been shaped over time? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Wether it be your habit to go off on an anger rant, feel alienated in large groups or feel anxious during stressful situations, these habits are part of your daily behavioral patterns and at often times difficult to change....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from luthe055