mann0386

• Posted Personality Tests True or False to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Have you ever wondered how accurate are these personality tests? I thought they would not be accurate at all before I took any. I then took the Big 5 test in lecture and was very surprised how accurate it...
  • Commented on College Admission Tests: What For?
    I also think these tests are not as applicable to future success or even just success in college. I think the biggest factor in success in college is the time spent on your classes and ability to learn new information....
  • Commented on the six principals that I won't forget
    I understand the importance of the six principles of scientific thinking and understand the terms and ideas behind them from front to back. The beef I have with the six principals is that they are extremely hard to come up...
  • Commented on Fall asleep successfully: I made it!
    I also had trouble with falling asleep when I was much younger. I would always stare at the clock and think when will I fall asleep. I eventually stopped having these sleepless nights which may have been due to me...
  • Commented on 1 of 7 Billion
    I also took the Big 5 personality test very seriously. I wanted to know even more about myself and how I could use these traits to focus on my strengths so I can succeed in most tasks I am assigned...
  • Commented on Charlie Bit my Finger- What makes an Online Video go viral?
    I have seen this video many times before I read this post and never accounted for the psychological aspect of viewing it. I have never seen the Kony video but have heard of it from many classmates. I think...
  • Commented on Does Birth Order Matter?
    I do not think birth order effect intelligence. I’ll admit mainly because I am a youngest child of three. In my experience both my brothers have not achieved in the same way as me. They have made more risky...
  • Commented on Am I the Only One?
    I think this is a very cool example of the bystander effect. This effect shows how everyone helps since they see everyone else is doing it. One person starts kicking the coins to the lady then everyone else helps by...
  • Commented on "Anybody else have to go to the bathroom?"
    I have never thought that in depth into the idea of going to the bathroom in groups but once you laid it out here for me I understood. I think most people enjoy the company of others even in places...
  • Commented on A Cure for Discrimination?
    I agree ignorance is evident in the world today I have seen and been a part of it. Most people will try to blame others for being discriminatory and most will try to fix the situation by saying the times...
  • Commented on Neurotic Men
    This is a very interesting post I would have never thought of mad men as neurotic. This is a great way to understand of the big five traits. This would be because they writers for the TV program exaggerate the...
  • Commented on Look in the Sky! Its a duck....a plane....Psychology?
    The terms life motion and special attention are very interesting. It makes sense that our special attention would save mankind on a variety of times. This could even support the theory of natural selection and evolution because those who did...
  • Commented on Street Art
    This is very cool in my opinion. All the drawings look all so real and then when you show someone interacting with it the picture makes you wonder if it is real or fake. This could look even closer to...
  • Commented on Mariah Carey is my Biological Mother!
    This is a very good blog post. The personal experience is perfect for the topic. I never thought the false memory was very evident I usually found it to be someone expanding on a view. This experience makes a completely...
  • Commented on Twin Telepathy?
    7. I think the babies could have developed language while still in the uterus this could have been through slight movement and touch between the two. This can later be made into a form of language which they use to...
  • Commented on Prematurity
    One thing from lecture I found was amazingly surprising was all humans are premature (Not in the definition you stated but in general compared to other animals.) which I think Professor Simpson stated in his first lecture. This was because...
  • Commented on America's Most Powerful
    I never would have thought Edgar Hoover to be gay. I know it is not a set fact but if he were there would have been a lot of pressure for him to deny being gay and even today many...
  • Posted Who has the best parents! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    After rereading the Pages 383 to 392 in the textbook, I thought about how my parents stack up to the different parenting styles. I thought my parents would fall in the strictest group of authoritarian because my whole life...
    After rereading the Pages 383 to 392 in the textbook, I thought about how my parents stack up to the different parenting styles. I thought my parents would fall in the strictest group of authoritarian because my whole life it...
  • Posted We are not actually consciously in charge of our self? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    When I watched the BBC Horizon video I came in thinking there was no way the fMRI could tell which decision Marcus was going to make. The part I found most interesting was the very end when Marcus would as...
  • Commented on Bigfoot, UFOS, Ghosts, and God?
    . I never would guess big foot existed without proof. Of course proof is only in the eye of the beholder. Some people still refuse to accept global warming or even the other term climate change referring to global warming....
  • Commented on Nature vs. Nurture: Criminal Behavior
    When I read this I immediately thought of the movie Minority Report the movie has the police arrest “criminals” before they commit the crime. It is a very good movie and has other rewarding psychological examples in it related and...
  • Commented on Subtle Observations
    I find this fascinating that people can be manipulated by other people’s body language. I am wondering if this could be used in other ways other than just support or depress the talker. Could this be used in marketing though...
  • Commented on Is modern medicine better than the traditional medicine?
    I have always been in favor of modern medicine myself but when I read your post I began wondering why. I thought about your argument about both the benefits and negatives of modern and traditional medicine and thought in a...
  • Posted Chapter Six Learning to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    We have grown up with many forms of conditioning from your parents scolding us to when we watch TV commercials. This leads me to wonder is there one form of conditioning that works best? Classical conditioning is one large...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mann0386