piep0142

• Commented on We Are All Different In This World!!
    Given all the people in the world, I really doubt that there is not somebody who is 99.9% similar to me....
  • Commented on Five Years From Now
    I thought what you sad about conditioning your coworkers was really funny. Every time they do you a favor you can give them a donut!...
  • Commented on Memory Aids
    I loved your example! It reminds me of learning how to play bass, and I really depended on those mnemonics to learn how to read music....
  • Commented on Baby Brains
    Theory of mind, functional fixedness, mental set, and conservationism are especially interesting to me. It seems that when you are younger you lack the ability to think outside the box, and its important to realize how important that strength is....
  • Commented on OCEAN-Personality
    i loved personality too, its fun and important to see who you relate to on such a fundamental level. In the profesional world it can help create teams that maximize output and cool things like that....
  • Commented on Classical Conditioning
    I really like your cartoon! looking back its weird to think of all the skills and things that can be taught through classical conditioning....
  • Commented on Using the Scientific Thinking Principles
    I wrote my post about this too, and its sort of weird to think that this method is the only thing we can ever be 100% sure about when it comes to psychology and life in general....
  • Commented on What Does Your Personality Say About You?
    I really liked this chapter too, I wondered about why they didn't talk about "strengths". The U places so much importance on them, but if they're not valid and reliable enough for the authors should they really be such a...
  • Commented on Right or Left?
    the part of this chapter that stuck with me the most were the people that had the surgery and had problems processing visual information. I think it would be really weird and upsetting if I couldn't physically see something that...
  • Commented on IQ Testing
    Sure there are a lot of genetic influences on IQ, but the book discussed the multitude of environmental aspects as well. things such as our education really fo impact how smart we are and its important not to skip over...
  • Commented on Snow Globed World
    Understanding naive realism is really important when examining history, it can be easy to judge them when in fact they were doing what they should have been doing....
  • Commented on The Psychology of Morality
    This was very interesting, its weird to think of how many things seem to be unexplained by psychology....
  • Commented on Psychology & Me
    Heuristics aren't always a bad thing. They make your life easier at the expense of sometimes missing important details and when your crunched for time thats really important....
  • Commented on What's Wrong With Red Ink?
    This was very interesting, how can red ink be such a big deal? In our culture its sort of like a weak handshake, no matter how smart you are if you give a weak handshake you are going to have...
  • Commented on How can you not?
    There are actually 6 principles of scientific thinking! but they will stay with me for a while too....
  • Commented on Decoding the World Around Us
    I really enjoyed the different viewpoint that you brought to the surface. it really makes you think about how others think i.e theory of mind....
  • Commented on Lie to Me
    This is a really interesting post, but how effective is this in real life? i watch the show too and i often feel like they are exaggerating how effective this works....
  • Posted The Scientific Method to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    The most important thing I learned in this class was the importance of using the scientific method when evaluating claims. To me this means using these ideas whenever possible. If somebody describes a story, il say something like "You're wrong!...
  • Posted Charlie Bit my Finger- What makes an Online Video go viral? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Charlie Bit my Finger- What makes an Online Video go viral? by Charlie Pieper I'm sure that most people have seen this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM Its been viewed nearly 450 million times. But what makes this video so popular? If you...
  • Posted The Psychology of Social-network Sites to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    http://www.lamebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/family-ties.jpg We have all seen examples of people acting very stupid on Facebook and other social networking sites. They post and talk about things no seemingly normal person would ever admit. One argument is that these sites just make us...
  • Commented on Look in the Sky! Its a duck....a plane....Psychology?
    spatial attention is fascinating, I think it would have been interesting for you to have given an example of when it could harm you....
  • Posted The Benefits and Risks of Listening to a Social Group to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    This chapter answers the age-old question of what causes us to form social groups and why they are important. Social acceptance and interactions were crucial to our evolution but not all aspects of it are helpful. Consider UFO sightings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3wskvlEZlI...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from piep0142