kling172

• Commented on Cetacea Skills
    The tricks that these animals are trained to perform are quite impressive! It is pretty incredible that these tasks can be taught to the animals, not say that they are unintelligent, but to be able to convey such precise directions...
  • Commented on Animal language
    First off, very interesting pictures, the one of the cats signals is great. I will most definitely be looking for these the next time i am around a cat! Animal language is an intriguing subject, when i was younger i...
  • Commented on How does divorce affect children?
    As you describe, divorce can be a very difficult and complex situation for not only the parents but children also. I too am from a family of divorced parents so i understand the difficulty from both sides. It was especially...
  • Commented on The Lie Detectors Keep Lying
    I agree, i don't think a accurate lie detecting device will be made for a very long time. There are many reasons for this, as you say, we are just too good at lying. Also in many instances, people are...
  • Commented on Cookie Diet
    You see diets like this all to often, it almost seems too good to be true, which it kindof is. I think one of the biggest things for this diet would be that people actually think they are eating cookies...
  • Commented on Smokin' the Mary Jane
    Great post on a very debatable topic. It is difficult to determine what might ht best course of action when someone might contain the genes that is going to make them more likely to experience substance and drug abuse. if...
  • Commented on Things I Will Never Forget
    This was definitely a very enlightening subject from the psyc class. Learning about how we develop as children was quite interesting and really made me think about all the work my parents did raising me and teaching me. It is...
  • Commented on Mint, Dwight?
    haha great video great post! it is amazing how many examples of conditioning i now notice in movies and shows, this a great example of that. A very similar one is done in the big bang theory which i didn't...
  • Commented on My Reaction to Attraction
    I definitely enjoyed this section of the course as well. Having just started a new relationship it was interesting to see what concepts from the book were actually used in the making of my own relationship. Many of the things...
  • Commented on Why Follow the Crowd?
    I had almost forgotten about this portion but now that you bring it up it definitely was a very intriguing topic. The videos from discussion about people fighting pressure to follow the group. It really had me thinking about what...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    Very interesting topic, there is definitely a norm for how siblings behavior might turn out. I think this comes more from how each child might be raised, it isn't a physiological or psychological trait, but something that is learned by...
  • Commented on Bad weight loss plans
    A bit of a sad topic but also a very common one. It is very unfortunate that so many people suffer from eating disorders, but with so many social pressures about having the correct body type, it can be difficult...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    Great topic to post about, so often do you meet people and just from their demeanor can tell a lot about them. I think much of this goes all the way back to how they were raised, how their parents...
  • Commented on Problems in Business
    As much as i wish it wasn't true, i completely agree that the vast majority of business and people rush to decisions. The term "Ready, fire, aim" is 100%, to many people don't think about the consequence of their actions...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    First off i love this movie, second nice post about it. Thinking back to the movie and looking it with the information i now know from psyc class it puts things a little different light. i know how hard it...
  • Commented on How Lion Taming Works
    Very cool use of operative conditioning! i never knew that is what they actually used to "tame" lions, i would debate if they are truly tame or trained, an animal such as a lion must have deeply seeded animalistic instincts...
  • Commented on Really, is it that easy to stroll down memory lane?
    This is such a interesting topic and one that is also a bit scary. We don't often think about our memories being true or false, they are our memories, our experiences, our reality. But as this chapter has shown so...
  • Commented on Is it real--or is it Pseudoscience?
    Pseudoscience is definitely a big topic and one with a lot of debate. As a competitive athlete i am often looking at new supplements, trying to find the best one out there. But just like your picture, so much of...
  • Posted Can you trust your memories? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    We have studied countless concepts and read numerous stories throughout this semester, but one story that i wont forget is that of Paul Ingram and the chapter on memory. The idea that our memories can be manipulated so easily is...
  • Posted Kamikaze Pigeons! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    We have all heard of monkeys going into space, but who has heard of pigeons controlling missiles! Ever since our lecture on B.F. Skinner and conditioning i have not stopped thinking about his somewhat failed contribution to national defense, with...
  • Commented on Impossible Structures and their Vanishing Points
    First off, great pictures! Really caught my attention and i just had to read about it. I never knew what this style of art was called so its nice to finally know it is called vanishing points. I share a...
  • Commented on To Those Misguided Vegetarians:
    You are absolutely right when you say this is a controversial topic. It is important though so one that deserves some debate and i have found myself arguing different sides of it too. I tend to agree with your view...
  • Posted Born a Champion or Become a Champion? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    What does it take to be a world class athlete? Is it perseverance, hard work, commitment, hours of training and sacrifice? Or are champions decided before they every play their first game, run their first race, or even take...
  • Posted Control Your Dreams & Live Your Fantasies! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Lucid dreaming, is it the answer to living out all of our wildest hopes and dreams? Unfortunately probably not, but it is an exciting topic of Chapter 5 where we learn about topics in the biology of sleep, dreams, alterations...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kling172