lipp0107

• Posted Proximity, Similarity, Reciprocity and...? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    I think that in five years the topic I will remember most from Psychology 1001 will be the topic of Relationships. In that chapter they talk about the three main principles of attraction: proximity, similarity and reciprocity. From my own...
  • Commented on Just Be Yourself , Don't Fall into the Traps of Conformity
    I like this post because it actually applies to something that we can all relate to. Conformity is a very evident issue in our society, especially at our age. I also agree with you when you say that yes, sometimes...
  • Commented on Things I Will Never Forget
    First of all, congratulations on the baby! I think it'll be really interesting for you to see all of these topics (especially the ones about the growth of a person) in real life. Maybe being in this class will help...
  • Commented on Mint, Dwight?
    I'm glad you used Dwight as an example because I love the Office. You are absolutely right, though. Classical Conditioning is actually everywhere. It's weird because you never really think about it, unless you've taken PSY1001 I suppose. I think...
  • Commented on My Reaction to Attraction
    Interesting post! You raise a lot of good questions. I understand from reading the text that proximity, similarity and reciprocity are the three main principles of attraction, but are they the sole principles of attraction? Although I believe that these...
  • Commented on It's All Around
    I haven't thought about it that way, but you're right. Classical conditioning literally is everywhere around us. It's crazy to think that every day we are being classically conditioned without even knowing it. Good video choice! Well done....
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    It's interesting that you compare this part of psychology to you and your siblings because I was thinking about my sister when I was reading this topic as well. We are just like you and your brother. My sister, who...
  • Commented on Will our generation IQ be greater than our parents generation?
    Good choice of media. That video was very interesting! But I agree, it is weird. I look at what kindergartners and first graders are doing now, and I think about what I did when I was their age, and it...
  • Commented on Setting the Rules on Parenting
    Interesting blog. I definitely can say that I relate. Especially as I got older, my parents were mostly permissive. I, also, would like to think that I turned out to be a responsible and well-mannered adult, which isn't what the...
  • Commented on Tiny Human, Big Brain.
    I think it's really great that you could apply this topic to something in your life. Things always make more sense when you can apply them to real life situations. I'll have to agree, she is quite the cutie. It's...
  • Commented on To Those Misguided Vegetarians:
    The first thing that I really enjoy about this blog post is the visual aspect. You had a lot of really nice pictures that helped break up the reading a little bit. Also, you were extremely thorough with your information....
  • Commented on Hello Clarice...
    I actually love this post. I think that today, people get so caught up in diagnoses that they forget that sometimes all people need is compassion. I'm not disregarding the fact that sometimes people really do have genuine psychological problems,...
  • Commented on Can Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Cause Obesity?
    It's crazy to think that the type of makeup you use could affect whether or not your child will be obese when they grow up. There are already a lot of scares as being a new mother, adding this can't...
  • Commented on Our We Eating Our Way to Cancer?
    This is a very eye-opening post. I knew that processed food was bad for you, but I did not know that it could cause cancer. It's scary to think that in our society it is socially acceptable to eat food...
  • Commented on Does High SAT = High Intelligence?
    I think this is a really great topic to bring up. I have a number of friends who have gotten really high scores and really low scores on standardized tests. I don't think that it is as big of a...
  • Posted Results From IAT Are Not What You Think to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    For this blog entry, I thought it would be interesting to take the Implicit Associations Test. I grew up in quite a diverse environment. All throughout elementary, junior high, and high school, I've been surrounded by a relatively culturally and...
  • Posted Alzheimer's: Prevention or Just Hope? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    There are thoughts that go either way, but according to the Alzheimer's Association, Alzheimer's cannot be cured, prevented, or even slowed. This is scary to think about, since a lot people are unsure about what Alzheimer's even is. Alzheimer's, also...
  • Commented on Smelling the Beans in Brazil
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I didn't know that bears had the best sense of smell. That's a good thing to know, especially if you're a camper or an outdoorsy person. Also, I think that's really interesting about...
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    So cool! I'm glad you brought this up, because I have been seeing a lot of this "chalk illusion" lately. First of all, I think it's amazing that someone has that much artistic ability to see that picture in their...
  • Commented on Dog Tricks!!!
    I had to read this article because it reminds me of my dog back home! That video is so cool. I find it interesting that even though dogs learn in a very different style than humans do, the same principles...
  • Commented on When do you think you first became aware of yourself?
    The video is super interesting, good choice! Per usual I failed the attention test. I can't say I'm surprised. Even when I try, I never seem to pass. I think I'd have to agree with the fact that when you...
  • Commented on Lionsgate: School of Autism
    First of all, good for you! I worked for a non-profit organization this summer that provided recreational activities for individuals with developmental disabilities, so I think it's really great to see someone else helping out and donating their time to...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I like how you added the personal aspect. It's always nice to hear that there is a real author behind articles or writings. If I would add anything to this blog post, I...
  • Posted Really, is it that easy to stroll down memory lane? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Chapter 7 is completely dedicated to our memories, and if they are actually as effective as we believe them to be. Unless you're Kim Peek, who was said to be a "real life Rain Man", it is easy to admit...
  • Posted Leadership Part 11 to PA 1961W Blog
    Last Weeks Definition: Leadership is possessing the technical competency as well as the awareness of your surroundings to be able to have the attention and respect of a group of people to the point where one can convince them to...
  • Posted Leadership Part 10 to PA 1961W Blog
  • Posted Leadership Definition Part 9 to PA 1961W Blog
  • Posted Leadership Part 8 to PA 1961W Blog
    Last Weeks Definition: Leadership is possessing the technical competency to be able to have the attention and respect of a group of people to the point where one can convince them to do what one may want or need them...
  • Posted Leadership Part 7 to PA 1961W Blog
  • Posted Leadership Part 6 to PA 1961W Blog
    Last Week's Definition: Leadership is being able to have the attention and respect of a group of people to the point where one can convince them to do what one may want or need them to do. Leadership is also...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lipp0107