dalyx196

• Posted Don't forget the baby! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    In a course that covers so much you have to pick and choose what the main points will be that you take away. One thing that has always been super important to me is having a family and kids. This...
  • Commented on
    I think this post was very interesting. I think that spanking is a way of discipline that can be used- but as you stated within those borders. I was spanked as a child but I don't think it impacted the...
  • Commented on Altruism: Are Your Relative's Lives More Important Than Yours?
    This is something my family values a lot. The younger generations are responsible for protecting and providing for the older generations once they finish college as the older generation had done for the younger before then. It is the intertwining...
  • Commented on No one has the right to play GOD!!
    Wow! It's interesting to see how they could match religion to genes. I wonder how this figures in to people who convert their religion over their lifetime. I do think that we should continue to do this research but I...
  • Commented on Implicit Association Test
    I think it's interesting how they take certain data from you, such as your postal age to figure out if you prefer young compared to old. I think the surveys sometimes use questions like that to make us think in...
  • Commented on Social contagion or human's copycat behavior
    I really like this subject. It is interesting to see how we conform as a society yet value individualism so much. I like you r different explanations on why this may be happening. It is interesting to make this connection...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    I think that the older child is always the leader just due to age. My oldest sister was always leading us while my middle sister was more adventurous and I more of a peace maker. As we've grown older I've...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    I've always thought that this was a very interesting topic. We think we will do something in a situation but that is not always true. I think the bystander effect is such a flaw in human evolution. It is crazy...
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    I loved the pictures you used. They really bring the article together. I do think that beauty is so vastly different across countries. I think that as we progress we will see some of these similarities come together....
  • Commented on Cookie Diet
    Very interesting. One point you made about how it was made by a doctor so it could possibly be considered a diet is one I think that doesn't necessarily mean it is true. A lot of people can hold titles...
  • Commented on Bad weight loss plans
    I wonder if anorexia is becoming as popular as bulimia but it is just going undetected as much. I think it is easier to see the signs of bulimia more so than anorexia. I do think that they are both...
  • Commented on Video Game Causes Boy to Shoot his Parents
    I believe Daniel didn't necessarily shoot his parents because of the video game but because of his parents actions. Some people are more prone to violence and when something that they love gets taken away from them, in this case...
  • Commented on Problems in Business
    I'm majoring in business and this is one of the topics that is covered in MGMT 1001. You pointed out a lot of the ideas that were shown in class especially how the people of the west do business differently...
  • Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    I really enjoyed this blog entry. I thought it was interesting yet very true that most young children go their father first to play. I do believe it has a lot to do with the discipline structure. I found it...
  • Posted Calculating your Happiness with a Formula to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Yes, you did read that title correctly. According to Jonathan Haidt in The Happiness Hypothesis one can actually calculate their happiness. How? Simply put: H=S+C+V. But, what does that really mean? Happiness equals set point + conditions of life...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    This is one of my favorite movies and it's great how it relates to psychology. I like how you tied it although it says in the movie back to our psychology book and learning about the brain. It helps to...
  • Commented on The Chinese Effect and the Importance of Being Multilingual
    I love that you brought up that at first you thought your second language was just used to keep things from being heard form others and how it transformed into something more than that for you. The ability to speak...
  • Commented on Difficult Decision? I Think Not...
    I love the two advertisements you used. They really depict how people make many of their everyday simple choices such as toothpaste off of these ads. Ads really do influence everything around us- the better it looks the more appealing...
  • Commented on Is Autism Treatable?
    My nephew has autism and so the hope that there is a cure is wonderful. I like your enthusiasm towards finding a cure and the video clips. One thing I've heard of that can help autistic kids is working with...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    I have many people in my family that are alcoholics and have heard the story that my dependency on alcohol may increase because of that. I think the biological nature of it does still play a certain role but like...
  • Commented on Our We Eating Our Way to Cancer?
    It is so strange what can cause cancer and scary that food can be one of them! I actually had cancer when I was in the 7th grade so this article caught my eye. You had a lot of helpful...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I also have an Asian mother and a mildly obese father so I could really relate to your article. My mother is also always pushing me to eat healthy but at the same time to eat enough so that I...
  • Posted You just Became Aware to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    At what age do you believe you recognized yourself? The moment when you looked in a mirror and thought- that is me, or when someone pointed to a picture to you as a baby and you were able to make...
  • Posted Surgery to Treat Disorders to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    The image to the left is usually what comes to most peoples mind when thinking about psychiatrists and the treatment of their patients. Chapter 16 focuses on psychological and biological treatments including ones like the picture. But is that...
  • Commented on REGISTER for the MULTICULTURAL KICKOFF 2011
    Hello, I am Dara Daly and I can't wait to participate. I do have a quick question though, on our housing status should the date say August 29th for move-in if we are participating in this, or are we supposed...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from dalyx196