bauer601

• Posted Will you conform under the pressure? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    We have covered many interesting topics in psychology but one subject that I will remember from psychology in the years to come was the study of conformity. I found this to be a very interesting subject and at first...
  • Commented on Long Lasting Sleep
    I also found this section of psychology interesting and i also didn't realize that we had different stages of sleep. It is amazing that they were able to figure out that we have five stages of sleep and it will...
  • Commented on Social contagion or human's copycat behavior
    I thought you did a really nice job on this blog! This is a very interesting topic and when we were studying conformity in class, it was really interesting that people didn't want to be the only one with a...
  • Commented on Personality or Situation?
    I agree with you, I think that both personality and the situation can affect someone's behavior. I think that your personality definitely comes out most of the time, but certain situations bring out actions that we haven't seen before in...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    It is incredible to think that if something happened to you in a crowd that everyone standing around you might not do anything about it. I can't believe that 18 people walked around this little girl and didn't stop to...
  • Commented on Altruism: Are Your Relative's Lives More Important Than Yours?
    I thought you did a really nice job on your blog! It was very interesting and you gave many good examples. It is cool how animals have can have this altruistic behavior and care for the lives of their kin...
  • Posted Will our generation IQ be greater than our parents generation? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    In our book we read about the Flynn effect. The Flynn effect is over time, the average IQ of the population will rise at a rate of about three points per decade. This suggests that, on average, our generations IQs...
  • Commented on Kamikaze Pigeons!
    When I very heard about this, I thought it was a cool idea, but thought that I wouldn't trust a pigeon with a missile. The video that you included was very interesting and really explained how it worked and it...
  • Commented on A Changing Society
    This was a really interesting topic for you to pick and I agree that some people coddle their children way too much. That article that you included was very interesting. I can't believe that a school can make a rule...
  • Commented on Video Game Causes Boy to Shoot his Parents
    I thought you did a great job on this post and I found it very interesting. I agree with many of the previous comments that video games can influence people's behavior, but I don't think that they cause violence. There...
  • Commented on Heuristics, Biases, and How We Are Fooled - Dan Hodac
    I really liked you blog. The cartoon really grabbed my attention and you had a lot of interesting things to say about heuristics. Also liked the video from Monty Python!...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    I thought you did a really good job talking about this topic and then relating it to something that many people have seen. I really liked this movie and it was cool to see that it could actually happen and...
  • Commented on A Tip $$ for Learning a Second Language
    I thought you did a really good job in writing this blog. It was a really interesting topic and I really liked that you brought in your own personal experience. It really kept my interest....
  • Commented on Difficult Decision? I Think Not...
    I think you did a great job finding these advertisements and explaining them. Both articles would really draw your attention if you were paging through a magazine. But I agree with you that I would get crest after seeing the...
  • Commented on Psychology in Ads Even in the 1920s!
    I thought you did a great job! It was interesting that you were able to find a advertisement from the 1920's and apply the Classical Pavlovian Conditioning that we are learnign about to it....
  • Commented on Dog Tricks!!!
    I found this to be a very interesting article. I have taught my dog to do tricks using these principles, but I never realized why it worked. I also thought it was interesting learning that they can only process so...
  • Commented on Total Buzz Kill
    I thought that it was very cool how you didn't just talk about this subject, you actually performed your own test. When I first heard about the high frequency pitch, I tested my family. At first my parents didn't believe...
  • Commented on You just Became Aware
    I also watched the video on this topic and found it very interesting. It made me wonder when I became aware of myself and if the age you become aware of self, if this has anything to do with how...
  • Commented on Smelling the Beans in Brazil
    I thought this was a very interesting topic and you did a very good job explaining everything. I think it's weird to think about that even though we all have the same five senses, that some people use their senses...
  • Posted When do you think you first became aware of yourself? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    I watched the video, BBC Horizon- The Secret World. I found this video very fascinating. I wanted to see what they had to say about, When do we become aware of self? I think that this is a very...
  • Commented on If Only I Could Remember How to Remember
    This is a really interesting topic to learn about and try to understand. We all could greatly benefit from knowing how our brain remembers things and how to make the information "stick."...
  • Commented on One a day... keeps fat away?
    I thought that your article had many interesting points and I agree with your opinion. I feel like the best way to live your life, is to eat and drink things in moderation. Too much of one thing can be...
  • Commented on Our We Eating Our Way to Cancer?
    I thought this was a very interesting article and I agree with the fact that we are a society eating our way to cancer. I know when I go to eat with friends, we always go to some place that...
  • Posted Teaching a dog tricks to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    I read Chapter Six and I found it really interesting. It was about how humans and animals learn. It was really interesting because there are so many ways of teaching material so someone will remember it. An example of...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bauer601