chri2983

• Posted Five Years From Know: I Hope I Have Intelligence to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    The chapter and sections that I will remember five years from now were the ones on the intelligence and IQ testing. I have always found Intellect and IQ to be very interesting. Growing up it amazed me to see how...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    Wow, that is incredible. I had never heard that story of the Chinese girl, yet it is true. I can even recall times in my life when I have passed by instead of helping. You hit the nail on the...
  • Commented on Personality or Situation?
    I think that personality and situation both affect one's behavior, yet this does not mean that one can take away from personal responsibility. I hear so often people blaming their mistakes and pains on their society. If society were to...
  • Commented on Results From IAT Are Not What You Think
    I have mixed feelings about these tests. I do think it is important to respect everyone and have an appreciation for each others cultures, but I would not say reacting faster to one skin color over another make one a...
  • Commented on Social contagion or human's copycat behavior
    It is interesting how we humans almost take on a heard instinct. We definitely are programed as social creatures. I had never heard about any research that suggested we could be genetically affected to be influenced by others. I had...
  • Commented on Birth Order and Personality: Pop Psychology?
    It does seem to me that birth order does have some effect on the personality of the person. I have come to believe in general that it mostly has to do with nurture rather than nature. As shown in your...
  • Commented on In Five Years I Will Remember...
    I think I will remember these six principles as well. Even though I will remember them, I am not sure how accurate they are? I had trouble accepting some of the things, such as falsifiable claims. Our text book talked...
  • Commented on Yerkes-Dodson Law: Being Ready for the Big Game
    As an athlete also, I can resonate with this phenomena. I definitely have noticed in my own experience that when I am aroused I have a tendency to lose focus. On the flip side of that when I am calm...
  • Commented on Is Polarization Programmed?
    I thought this was a very interesting topic. I have often pondered professor's comments about right and wrong and a moral framework. Where do they get their standard? While some of Haidt's values may be true, what dictates which is...
  • Commented on Smokin' the Mary Jane
    I think it is a very interesting topic. I am a Bio-Chemistry major and the subject of affecting genes and changing genetic makeup is a common subject. It would be very hard to determine a gene that predisposed people to...
  • Commented on Long Lasting Sleep
    I found the section on sleep to be very intriguing as well. I had not known about all of the cycles either. One thing that I was sad to find out about is that naps don't do that much for...
  • Commented on No one has the right to play GOD!!
    I really like the concept of this blog. It is a scary thing all of the tinkering that is going on in genetics now days. Much like the movie Gatica, we just don't know where it will end. I think...
  • Posted Who Wants To Be a Smart Guy to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    In today's culture media often helps spread incorrect stereotypes about intelligence. For example very rarely in movies is the scientist or educated person from the south. For some reason every time there is a less intelligent character in a movie...
  • Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    I can not say enough about this topic. Fathers do play a huge role in their kids lives. I thought it was a really good point about different things that I go to my parents for. If I need something...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    I really liked this blog. It is interesting to see the different styles of parenting that many parents take. Mine were also authoritative. They did exactly the same thing. They were very nurturing and loving, yet I knew what was...
  • Commented on When animal speaks
    It is interesting to study all of the communication forms of different animals. From the songs of birds to the echolocation of dolphins animals do have extensive communicating abilities, yet in my opinion none match up to human. It seems...
  • Commented on Video Game Causes Boy to Shoot his Parents
    I think it is a very interesting article. I do think that the video game may have had some influence the his decision to shoot his parents. I also think that there are other external factors because there are many...
  • Commented on The Chinese Effect and the Importance of Being Multilingual
    I really enjoyed this blog. I agree totally with the advantages of being multilingual. I imagine employers would look favorably upon it also. I wish I had had the ability to cut off ease droppers; that would have been nice....
  • Commented on Animal language
    I really liked this blog. I definitely agree that animals do have emotions. I don't know if they could be compared with human emotions, but they definitely do have them. I just had to think of my dog and how...
  • Posted E*Trade, E Stands for Emotion to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    (Link to Video Below) Advertisements are the quintessential form of manipulation. More specifically they are very skilled at manipulating our emotions. Everywhere we look from a billboard to Television there are messages being thrown at us to take action; be...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    You did a nice job on the Blog. I really enjoyed the use of visual media with the picture of the baby. I would also tend to agree with the idea that it has to do more with one's environment...
  • Commented on To Those Misguided Vegetarians:
    I really liked the way you presented the blog. It was an interesting topic, that is not looked at from that angle very often. We really should be supporting small farms. Also, you did a great job at supporting you...
    I thought the blog was very well written. I liked the use of visual media with the picture of the baby. I would definitely agree that environment has most of the influence over it. I do think the there are...
  • Posted Does Science Prevent Bias? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Chapter one of the Lilienfield textbook was about the common misconceptions in psychology. Many people live under the delusion that psychology is based solely on intuition and common sense, when in fact it involves science that is based on authentic...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from chri2983