Kathleen Dennis

• Commented on Five Years From Know: I Hope I Have Intelligence
    I agree with the last comment as well. I also believe that there are different types of intelligence as described in the book. Such as social smarts versus book smarts. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, and that's what...
  • Commented on Just Be Yourself , Don't Fall into the Traps of Conformity
    Excellent post on a real issue in society! I definitely agree with what you are saying, but it is hard for me to say with certainty that if I was in the experiment with the line tests that I wouldn't...
  • Posted Don't Believe Everything You Think. to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Throughout this course of psychology there seems to have been a general trend that reaches across almost every chapter: things are not always as they first seem, and that it may take time to truly understand a situation that you...
  • Commented on Gut reactions? Not always the best!
    There are some times where you do end up having to make decisions based on the gut, and there is no way of knowing beforehand which way is right. Other times, especially in big business decisions, you have to really...
  • Commented on Would you fall in love with the same person after erasing all your memories?
    This is very interesting and also makes me think of the movie, the vow. Of course, Paige didn't mean to erase her memory, but it is tragic to see her having to relive the last 5 years, pretty much all...
  • Commented on Who Are You?
    I've never heard of analyzing someone's personality by looking at their handwriting, and I don't think I would believe any of it. Many personality tests should be taken with a grain of salt, because no one can really define anyone's...
  • Commented on Minnesota Nice or Minnesota Ice?
    Really interesting post and cute picture! I definitely agree that people are generally more friendly or helpful in some areas versus others. I would also say that is true among other countries. Like the US is more individualistic while some...
  • Commented on Control Your Dreams & Live Your Fantasies!
    Really interesting topic. I have asked some friends and none of them have experienced lucid dreaming, but I remember my experience with it. I was having the worst nightmare in existence, I don't remember what was happening, but it got...
  • Commented on Can Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Cause Obesity?
    this is a really interesting post. I wonder how much research they have done since this documentary. I'm sure that many would freak out to learn that using a certain type of makeup might make their child 'programmed to be...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    I've heard about this theory for many years, and I think for the most part it seems to fit the description for me and my brothers. My older brother is definitely the achiever and does only exactly what he thinks...
  • Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    Great post! I think these general statements have a lot of truth to them, but I've realized that my relationships with my parents have been a little different. My mom is very proactive and would always come up with 'projects'...
  • Commented on Love
    I thought it was kind of sad to read about the proximity factor. Like, well we both live here, so why not get married? not my ideal relationship. But I guess i can see how that works too. My boyfriend...
  • Commented on Cookie Diet
    Honestly I could never have the self control to do pretty much any of the diets out right now. Restricting myself to eat a meal only once a day, or only a certain kind of food every day would make...
  • Posted What were you like as a baby? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    How does your personality from the past compare to your behaviors today? Do you believe that the basic principles of our personality come directly from our genes, or is your personality shaped through your experiences? The section about temperament and...
  • Commented on What does it mean to be on the spectrum?
    This is a very interesting topic and you do a good job explaining different situations that each child with autism may be in. My mom works with many autistic kids and it is very obvious to many that there is...
  • Commented on How Lion Taming Works
    It always seems exciting when you see trained lions, tigers, etc. in movies, at the zoo, circus, etc. It is no doubt an impressive accomplishment! Good topic for discussion, and it relates very well to what we are studying. I'm...
  • Commented on Option 1 or Option 2? Your Brain Already Made the Decision for You
    regardless of what we do, i think our brain will pretty much always have some activity before it actually happens. As we know, it controls everything we do, like feeling emotions, moving our hands and feet, and making our decisions....
  • Commented on But I Swear She Said "Rough."
    It's weird to think how some people are able to remember such complicated things in an exact form like thousands of digits into pi, and at the same time we forget such simple things. I know I have defended my...
  • Commented on You just Became Aware
    I thought this topic was very interesting. And it is really funny and cute to play with little kids in front of the mirror or play peek-a-boo. I had no idea such few animals were aware of themselves. good discussion...
  • Commented on Forgetful Lucy
    I really like that you used specifics from the book to relate to something we all know in describing anterograde amnesia and the hippocampus. I know when Lucy went to an institution for a while she also met, "30 second...
  • Posted Could Our Minds be Our Greatest Defenders? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    We all know that our large brains were critical for us to become the dominant species on Earth, allowing us to form language, solve problems, and understand the world around us. But do we truly know what our minds do...
  • Commented on Sexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
    I agree with the possibility (after taking the biology of sex class) that there may be a specific gene that could contribute to a predisposition in homosexual orientation. Like you said in your blog, having an uncle/aunt to help care...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    Well I'm glad I don't have to feel so guilty for munching before bed! I've heard of some of this too; that eating 5 smaller meals every day is much more beneficial than the regular bigger three, for that same...
  • Posted Does Cosmo lie to us? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Yes, it is the beloved magazine many young women can't wait to read once a month for stories and advice on life, love, health, and beauty. Each edition of the magazine is filled with surveys and polls that often...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Kathleen Dennis