gager006

• Posted In Five Years I Will Remember... to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    One thing that I think I will remember five years from now is one of the concepts that seemed to come up many times throughout the entire book, which was the scientific thinking principles. These principles are obviously very important...
  • Commented on How does divorce affect children?
    This is a very interesting and sensitive topic. I am glad that I have not had to deal with my parents being divorced, I imagine that it would be very hard especially if they are always fighting because you don't...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    Your blog was very interesting. I think that it is strange how humans never assume responsibility, especially in situations like this. You would think that people would jump right away and call the emergency services, but no one seems to...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    I really liked your blog and I think that birth order can have effects on the child's personality and traits. This might be because siblings influence each other and play a big part on what their siblings turn out to...
  • Commented on Personality or Situation?
    I really liked your blog, and I agree with you that both personality and the situation effect a persons behavior. There isn't really a clear way to determine which aspect affects your behavior more and it is most likely different...
  • Commented on No one has the right to play GOD!!
    Your blog was very interesting and you raised some really good points. It is sad that people are capable of being judged just because of the genes they carry because there is so much more to a person than just...
  • Commented on The Atkins Diet Failure
    I really liked your blog, I think it is amazing how easily some people can be convinced and start doing something like the Atkins diet without doing research on whether or not it will actually work. Before I jump into...
  • Commented on worst.weight.loss.plan.ever.
    After reading this, I do not know why anyone would ever try this diet, it seems dangerous and unhealthy. I think that this diet would only really make someone worse off than they were before. People should just stick to...
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    Your article was very interesting, I had never seen or heard of the lip plate or neck elongation things. I agree with you that in a lot of cases beauty cannot be universally defined, it is different across cultures and...
  • Commented on Calculating your Happiness with a Formula
    I found your blog very interesting. I find it hard to believe that there is a universal equation for happiness because there are so many things that influence people and all people are very different. One thing could make one...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    I agree with you that the permissive parenting style is a good style for parents to use. It allows their children to make decisions for themselves and learn from the mistakes they make. It helps make the child more mature...
  • Commented on Kamikaze Pigeons!
    In my opinion, I would not trust a pigeon with a bomb. There are just too many things that could go wrong.It also seems unethical to raise animals and then kill them this way. Although this idea could have been...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    I enjoyed you article about parenting styles, and I find it interesting how big of an affect parenting styles can have on a kids life. My parents set a lot of strict rules, and I am glad that they did...
  • Posted Detecting Lies to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    When I read the section about the polygraph test and detecting lies, it reminded me of the funny scene from the movie Meet the Parents when Robert De Niro gives Ben Stiller the test himself. I think that it would...
  • Commented on A Tip $$ for Learning a Second Language
    I enjoyed reading your blog. My primary language is English, but I have been taking Spanish since I was in fourth grade. At the start, it was hard to learn because of the habits that I have formed when speaking...
  • Commented on Animal language
    I enjoyed reading your blog. I feel that animals do have a way of communicating with each other, and that it is pretty different than that of humans. I also think that some animals can communicate with humans, one example...
  • Commented on But I Swear She Said "Rough."
    I wish my memory worked like a series of photographs or video clips, I feel like it would help me do a lot better in school. There are so many times when I am taking tests that I know that...
  • Commented on Photograph Man
    It would be awesome if short term memory was really that long. I feel like a lot of areas in my life would improve, especially school. I would also be less likely to make mistakes as I would remember things...
  • Commented on We all love sleep, but...
    I have seen this movie and it was pretty funny, I never realized that this guy was suffering from narcolepsy. It is kind of scary to think of some things that could happen to a narcoleptic person, like falling asleep...
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    I have seen these chalk drawings before and they fool me every time. I agree that our brain allows us to visualize some pretty cool stuff. It is amazing how size constancy can have such a big effect on the...
  • Posted Impossible Figures! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    An interesting thing that I recently came across was something called an impossible figure. An impossible figure is an illusion created by a two dimensional figure that the visual system subconsciously interprets as a three dimensional figure. At first, the...
  • Commented on Are YOU an Olympic Athlete?
    I found your post to be very interesting, and I personally think that a combination of both nature and nurture are what help a person get to the top. In some cases, it seems like athletic excellence just runs in...
  • Commented on Quit the Fast Food, Hit the Gym
    I agree with you that nurture is the most important side of this debate. It is extremely important to watch what you eat, and even though places like McDonald's are fast and cheap ways to get meals, they are very...
  • Posted Why do dogs drool? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Chapter six focused on the idea of classical conditioning. Classical conditioning was discovered by Ivan Pavlov. He was researching digestion in dogs when he discovered that dogs can become conditioned with food. Basically, the dog pairs a neutral stimulus with...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from gager006