gesko004

• Posted Scientific Method to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    The thing will stay with me the most from psychology is the scientific method. Using all of the different modes of the method such as falsifiability, correlation versus causation and replicability are not only extremely useful in psychology, but also...
  • Commented on Lie Detectors Lie Too Much
    Great post and a very convincing argument. I agree with you that polygraph tests are unreliable at best, and should not be used in any major organization or by the police. At least polygraph test are inadmissible in courts of...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    Interesting topic and, unfortunately, I have seen a video similar to the one this post is describing. It is amazing to me that people can just walk by and not do at least something to help such a young girl...
  • Commented on Bad weight loss plans
    Very well written article. It is amazing to me the people who are so obsessed about their looks that they make themselves sick so that they can "fit in" to society. It is very sad that they feel so pressured...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    As far as my family goes, this representation is played out in the exact opposite. I would say that I am more of the leader and my younger sister is more of the risk taker in our family. I think...
  • Commented on Smokin' the Mary Jane
    Great article and very interesting topic, although I'm not really sure how it relates to your title. I think that starting to remove specific genes can start a very dangerous trend towards gene designing. I think awareness about this subject...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    Great job with describing the different types of parenting styles. I think my parents used more of an authoritative method, offering support and closely monitoring and setting rules. I think this worked very well for me based on how I...
  • Commented on Animal language
    Very interesting blog and a great job using pictures that really caught my attention. I have found that my dog does different things with her tail to express different levels of excitement, so this article really resonates. Great job overall!...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    Great connection from something from the material to something everyone can relate to. This is a great movie and you did a great job connecting the two aspects of the material....
  • Commented on Are YOU an Olympic Athlete?
    I agree with your assumption that there is nature and nurture involved in good athletes. There are some people that are born with extraordinary athletic talents, but these talents can only go so far, as becoming an olympic-style athlete requires...
  • Commented on Will OCD contribute to your success as a doctor?
    Interesting blog topic and very well written, however, I am wondering how it has to do with the title of your blog about doctors. Good job, though, I think you did a great job explaining the condition....
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    This is an incredible picture and a great representation of object constancy. It's also super interesting to know about the different views that we can view the drawing at, so that our brains are no longer fooled....
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    Very interesting post and great article to supplement your research. This is a subject I go back and forth on sometimes. Sometimes I think someone whose parent(s) are alcoholics would make a point on not becoming an alcoholic because of...
  • Commented on Teaching a dog tricks
    Great example of conditioning, including shaping!. It's awesome how easy it can be to train your dog to do some great things! Good video too, it really caught my attention....
  • Commented on Hello Clarice...
    Great post and some very interesting questions posed! Not sure if Canibal would work with this kind of therapy, however it does make sense for some more minor cases. I think it could be a great solution instead of using...
  • Commented on Wait, hasn't this already happened?
    Very descriptive, interesting post! This phenomena happens to me fairly frequently, and is a very weird feeling. I think the explanation from another life is not true, but the scientific one certainly makes some sense. This is something I could...
  • Commented on Man on the Moon
    Very interesting post! it's incredible to me the amount of people that buy into these fake images. I remember a time when I was very tired that I kept thinking a post on a roof was a person. It's incredible...
  • Commented on Things I Will Never Forget
    It should be very interesting to compare what we have been taught to what actually happens with your child! The book can almost be used as a guide or calendar to see how your baby develops. Well done blog, and...
  • Posted The Atkins Diet Failure to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Founded in 1972 by Robert Atkins and becoming really popular in the early 2000s with the update of his book. Focusing on limiting the body's intake of carbohydrates, the Atkins Diet makes the body enter the ketosis cycle, where the...
  • Posted How Lion Taming Works to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    How can such an aggressive, humongous animal be made to be tamed by humans? The answer begins at birth, where the cub is separated from its mother and bonded with the tamer. The training techniques are actually not that...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    This is a very interesting look into what people can hear. I thought that I had pretty good hearing, however I could not hear the sound that I was supposed to hear if I was under 25! This is something...
  • Commented on Option 1 or Option 2? Your Brain Already Made the Decision for You
    This is a very interesting article. I like you am very interested to know what controls decisions and if we are in control of what decision we will make. I wonder if the complexity of the decision making process can...
  • Posted Lucid Dreaming to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Something that really interested in Chapter 5 was lucid dreaming. When someone is dreaming and known that they are dreaming, they are experiencing a lucid dream. In a study cited by the book, 72 percent of the participants claimed to...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from gesko004