hyunx042

• Posted Panic disorder to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    We have learned many interesting and useful topics in this class but the most interesting topic that I will remember is the one about psychological disorders. I don't have any psychological disorders but I once had panic attack. It...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    Interesting topic! It is a real tragedy that 18 people saw a girl dying on the street and didn't do anything to save her. I think they are selfish and cruel people. I would never do that. Great post!...
  • Commented on
    Great post! I grew up with parents who spanked occasionally and didn't see the good results. I hated when my parents spanked me. I think spanking and any physical punishment is bad and I will never spank my children....
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    Great article! It's very interesting that different cultures have different standards of beauty. Most countries in the world have been westernized so we don't usually notice that different culture can affect different beauty standard. Great post and pictures!...
  • Commented on worst.weight.loss.plan.ever.
    Very interesting topic! The Dukan diet sounds really terrible. I think it is better to stay fat than losing weight in this awful way. People shouldn't lose weight through ruining their bodies. I would never try that diet plan. Good...
  • Posted Cookie Diet to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Just look at the people you see every day in life. You can easily see fat people. According to cdc.gov, 65% of American adults are overweight and 35.7% of adults have obesity. So probably more than half of people...
  • Commented on Calculating your Happiness with a Formula
    Interesting post! It's little weird to calculate happiness and measure it with numbers but very interesting. I don't think S,C,V are enough information to calculate happiness but I think they could measure to some extent....
  • Commented on Were you ever spanked as a kid?
    Interesting topic! I was spanked when I was growing up and I am an opposer of spanking. I guess spanking could help children to be more obedient and respectful but I think it has more of negative effect. I hated...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    I really enjoyed reading your post about different parenting styles. I didn't like my parents' parenting style and I still hate it. They were like the authoritarian of authoritarian. Because of my dissatisfaction of how my parents raised me, I...
  • Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    I really enjoyed reading your post. Very interesting topic! I totally agree with you that fathers are much more playful than mothers are. I tend to go to my father when I want to play video game or play sports...
  • Posted Is Autism Treatable? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Autism is a developmental disorder that appears in the first 3 years of life, and affects the brain's normal development of social and communication skills. The development of autism is something that has stumped researchers for over fifty years....
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    Very cool picture! I thought it was real water and alligator before I read it was 3D chalk art. Size constancy is very well used in the picture. It made the picture more lifelike. I wish I can see 3D...
  • Commented on Impossible Structures and their Vanishing Points
    Very cool pictures!! I love how the building that cannot exist in really world drawn in the picture really naturally. It was very hard to see what part of it make no sense when I didn't see it carefully. The...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    I really agree with your opinion. I believe that people can choose whether to become alcoholics or not. Of course some people might have higher dependency on alcohol genes in their body. However, they still have a choice to not...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I really like your post and the topic. It’s very controversial and popular topic these days since lots of Americans getting fatter and fatter. I think it’s really interesting that eating some food before bed is actually good for body....
  • Posted Display Rules to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Chapter 11 is about emotions and motivations people have and feel. It tells us about how we feel emotions what motivates us to do what we do. The information that struck me most was the James-Lange theory of emotion....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from hyunx042